Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Orc Succession Clan: The Tainted Scorpions of Burstscourge  (Read 14178 times)

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Orc Succession Clan: The Tainted Scorpions of Burstscourge
« on: April 30, 2013, 08:01:40 pm »

I want to start a succession game with the newly updated masterwork orcs.  The theme is orcs as surface-dwelling honorable savages, stealing and trading for advanced technology to become a force to be reckoned with. 

Embark
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rules

Backstory

The Surviving Orcs
Claimed Orcs in Red

Clan Leader List
done  current skipped
  • Impedocles
  • Navatar
  • The Goat God Pan
  • SLeibowitz
  • GamerLord

Feel free to ask to be Orc'd or to have a turn as clan leader

Initial Save
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7617
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:08:43 pm by Impedocles »

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Succession Clan: The Tainted Scorpions of Burstscourge
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:06:55 pm »

I find this to be an interesting idea.

I don't want to be leader -- that's just another way to get everyone killed or maimed. If I am Ork'd, I'd prefer to be a spearman.
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:33:17 pm »

Metals must be traded for, raided, or looted off of bodies
Paying the iron price, are we?

If this gets along well I will add it to the list of succession forts. Hope your orcs will do well, I am sure smake will show up here and say hi sooner or later . :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 10:47:59 pm »

I don't want to be leader -- that's just another way to get everyone killed or maimed. If I am Ork'd, I'd prefer to be a spearman.

With no anvil or picks, our orcs won't have spears until at least the second spring.  Our defenses consist of archers for now, and a druid once winter comes around. 

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 12:32:11 am »

With no anvil or picks, our orcs won't have spears until at least the second spring.  Our defenses consist of archers for now, and a druid once winter comes around.

I am perfectly Okay with this.
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.

DeepBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 01:48:41 am »

I'd like to claim the dreamwalker please :D hopefully he's luckier than my kobold(s) at the other fort. I have never played Orc Fortress so I'd rather not have a turn.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 01:54:16 am »

I'm in too, as soon as I finish up the kobold write-up (I'm in winter, got distracted by Monaco (the game, not the city-state))
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Navatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 02:02:29 am »

Count me in. I would fancy taking the reigns of this fort.  I would like to be Orc'd as the Ronin.

Thou what you say about when you get spears may be false. You can quite easily raid merchant shipping and buy an anvil from the Caravanserai Common Bazaar.

The embark does lend itself to building adobe walls, as you can start harvesting endless amounts of clay with your idle orcs. You can also fashion the clay into clubs, to put together raiding kits to start plundering the merchants.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 02:47:55 am »

Excellent, I like your embark and rules, this should be fun.  Looking forward to seeing what you choose to do with that stash of dwarven silver & mithril.  (well, i think you gave a hint in your Backstory :) )
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:06:15 pm by smakemupagus »

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 10:34:10 am »

Count me in. I would fancy taking the reigns of this fort.  I would like to be Orc'd as the Ronin.

Thou what you say about when you get spears may be false. You can quite easily raid merchant shipping and buy an anvil from the Caravanserai Common Bazaar.

The embark does lend itself to building adobe walls, as you can start harvesting endless amounts of clay with your idle orcs. You can also fashion the clay into clubs, to put together raiding kits to start plundering the merchants.

The raider's weapon kits require metals weapons, so I have to get some ironbone weapons made before I can send out raiders.  But I just realized that I can make jagged spears at the wargear workshop, so I will have some spearmen after all.  I can get them started towards being our falcon society squad.

I've added you to the list and orc'd both of you.

A question for Meph or Smake: does the tribal wargear workshop use entire stacks of bones like the boneyard does, or does it take bones out of a stack?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 10:44:55 am »

It takes an entire stack.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 12:30:59 pm »

It takes an entire stack.

So do reactions in the raws that say they take multiple body materials take multiple stacks?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 12:45:45 pm »

I dont know what you mean by that. If it says REAGENT:A:1, it will be one stack, if its REAGENT:A:10 then it will be 10 stacks.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 01:08:45 pm »

Yeah, the tribal warcrafter takes 2 or 3 stacks of bones for most items.  It can be worth it though!

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 06:58:30 pm »

Okay, that makes sense.  I just needed to make sure so that I could set up my stockpiles correctly.  I should have the first half of my year done tonight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12