Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game Over. Everybody Died))  (Read 52634 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! Looking for Players
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2013, 07:06:07 am »

You will do just fine. Choose a nation, read the guides that we shall provide once you pick a nation. Then read the OTHER guides that we did NOT provide (so that you surprise us).. and play a few AI games for the first year or so. This will give you at least 10 good initial turns, which translates to 10-20 days of time to get the grip on the rest.

The only player who will do rather poorly, i'm sure of it, is Palazzo. Should the poor, yet wise, gentleman start next to me, his days will be numbered. Agartha Stomps Everything.

Just don't pick nations like Oceania or Atlantis. They are rather weak, and difficult to start with.
This is not to say that they don't WIN games, but it's tougher. Oi.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2013, 10:03:34 am »

He could use Man. They're a decent nation.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2013, 05:27:20 pm »

I've played Arcoscephale, Caelum and the the naga forgot the race all EA. My main problem is that I don't expand/to passive so I get steamrolled by the AI and I have no idea what to build when it comes to a Gods I just kinda throw stuff together.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 06:02:48 pm »

I'd like to join in as Ermor if that's okay.  Seems like round 11 is winding down anyway.

Oh and are you guys all really set on CBM?  I could kind of go for a vanilla game just to change things up for myself.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:07:23 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 06:53:43 pm »

I've played Arcoscephale, Caelum and the the naga forgot the race all EA. My main problem is that I don't expand/to passive so I get steamrolled by the AI and I have no idea what to build when it comes to a Gods I just kinda throw stuff together.

If I were you, I'd play as Machaka. Sure, they suck in my opinion. But they get the "Collossal Fetish" Pretender chassis. I'd call it Wilford Brimley and make Diabetes jokes.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2013, 07:39:56 pm »

Sorry to butt in here folks, since I'm not actually in this game (not nearly enough time), but I figure I'll give you a few basic tips and be off on my merry way.
  • You want to conquer at least one province per turn for the first 10-12 turns, and put up at least one new fort in the first year (preferably more). For an easy time getting used to expansion, I recommend MA Ermor. With an S9 bless on their Shadow Vestals, you can easily recruit an expansion party per turn from your capital that will take out most independents, though that's a little bit overkill. The key is that you can only take most provinces - being good at early expansion means understanding what your expansion parties can and cannot handle. Experiment and find out for yourself.
  • Pretender gods are more extensions of your game plan than anything else. Having a hard time with initial expansion? Take an awake combat pretender (the pathless - ie, no magic - wyrm is classic and works everywhere). Going for a bless strategy? Take a dormant pretender and put those points into magic paths on your pretender. Want some magic diversity and extra research early on? Take an awake rainbow pretender - something with a low extra path cost, like a Frost Father, with as many magic paths as you can throw in there.
  • Finally, check out Dom3mods. Their Lords of War board has probably the most strategy information for Dominions 3 anywhere. Any question you can ask has its answer over there.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2013, 10:46:19 pm »

If I were you, I'd play as Machaka. Sure, they suck in my opinion. But they get the "Collossal Fetish" Pretender chassis. I'd call it Wilford Brimley and make Diabetes jokes.
huh I just messed around with them they are pretty cool. I can play any race I would think. I'm just not of fan of Blood Magic, Nature/Water/Astral are my favorite of the magic paths   
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:36:12 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 09:10:13 pm »

Mind if I'm Ulm?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 02:32:10 am »

I'm out, 4 games (or 2+) would be a bit to much for me.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 05:54:39 am »

Mind if I'm Ulm?

Sounds good to me

Sorry to lose you
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:59:01 am by moghopper »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2013, 03:07:36 pm »

Round 11 will probably be over soon.  Not so sure about round 10.
Sure thing peanut man!

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013, 06:49:54 pm »

Would anyone mind if I swapped starting positions with Arco?

Pythiums Start area is BAD.

Actually, maybe i should change everyone's starting position. Some are weird. (Ashdod and Agartha are really odd)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:06:02 pm by moghopper »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2013, 07:14:10 pm »

I wouldn't mind.  Not sure where Ermor starts.
Sure thing peanut man!

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2013, 07:20:28 pm »

I wouldn't mind.  Not sure where Ermor starts.

A pretty nice location actually.
I'd leave you, Ulm, Ryleh, and Tien'Chi alone.

Agartha and I have really bad ones though.

I'm stuck in the middle of a wasteland with no income producing nations and Agartha is on the dimension labled "Terra", which is all caves so he'd have next to no income either.

Before I do anything, I'll wait till we get more players so I know where I can put people.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2013, 10:11:39 pm »

I'm fine with my starting position, begone. You imply that i have troops worth buying, and it wounds me deeply.

Stop telling everyone where my starting position is, too. I can already imagine Palazzo scheduling Rain of Toads spam, 24/7 for the next 95 million turns on me. Fucking toads.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:18:22 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45