Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game Over. Everybody Died))  (Read 53166 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game in Progress)
« Reply #660 on: September 27, 2013, 05:13:47 pm »

While I'd not be willing to jump into the advanced mess that is D3R14, I'd be game (and dumb enough) to jump into D4R1. I haven't really looked into multiplayer on the beta; since there's no D4 Llamaserver, is MP significantly harder to set up/manage?

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 27, 2013, 05:50:32 pm »

This round may be too advanced and far along to find a replacement, or at least one that would be ready to jump in and manage Ulm effectively. It may be time to move on to D4.

What I learned from this game is that 100+ provinces didn't sound like a whole lot to manage, but it ended up being very time consuming and kind of annoying. Especially the whole recruiting guys in all my forts every turn. I was looking forward to some epic battles with Palazzo, but there will be plenty of those to come.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #662 on: September 27, 2013, 05:56:42 pm »

I think the game is to far advanced to really hope to find a replacement and to make Ulm AI would just ruin the game so I would be fine with just ending it. Better to have a ending then let this drag on in a sort of half dead shambling Thing that it is right now.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 28, 2013, 12:15:47 pm »

I also don't see a happy ending for this game anywhere in sight, so I'm going to put it to rest then.
It was fun while it lasted.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 10, 2013, 10:19:40 am »

Should I change the thread title to "Game over" then?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 10, 2013, 10:39:37 am »

If you wish. You can let it die quietly just as well.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Yeah sorry about dropping out so early the game just sorta sucks the life out of me after a while.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everybody made an alliance and lived happily ever after  :D
More seriously, Latus was a neat map, but it was a bit too big and not very balanced.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:21:46 pm by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]