Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62

Author Topic: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game  (Read 101781 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game
« Reply #510 on: June 20, 2013, 04:45:38 pm »

We have reached full Michael Bays. Things will never be the same.

Become bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter. As much as possible. Evolve teleawareness to stand in for eyes. Evolve tentaclets into armored shells.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:07:00 pm by Remuthra »

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 20, 2013, 05:16:54 pm »

We have reached full Michael Bays. Things will never be the same.

Become bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter. As much as possible. Evolve teleawareness to stand in for eyes. Evolve tentaclets into armored shells.
-1 on bigger and stronger. We need to regroup and start co-operating again.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 20, 2013, 05:26:19 pm »

Evolve crude real-time electrical telepathy.
Fine electrical impulses from the sides of the Slicers can be interpreted by other slicers' electrical senses as the transmitter's visual sensations. Our evolved brain allow us to analyze the signal and "see what they see", and combine it with our own vision. Large groups will in time be able to have a single unified vision field. It is NOT a hivemind, just shared vision.

Live in less open environments. Dense forests, caves... Be nocturnal. Be the night. BE THE BAT.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 20, 2013, 05:27:52 pm »

Fine electrical impulses from the sides of the Slicers can be interpreted by other slicers' electrical senses as the transmitter's visual sensations. Our evolved brain allow us to analyze the signal and "see what they see", and combine it with our own vision. Large groups will in time be able to have a single unified vision field. It is NOT a hivemind, just shared vision.

Live in less open environments. Dense forests, caves... Be nocturnal. Be the night. BE THE BAT.
A nocturnal schedule is good. So is telepathy.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 20, 2013, 05:34:56 pm »

Lets do the spider!
evolve silk webs
evolve electrical field to interfere with other organism's brain waves, causing confusion.
+1 shared vision
+1 telepathy
+1 nocturnal.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 20, 2013, 06:12:25 pm »

Lets do the spider!
evolve silk webs
evolve electrical field to interfere with other organism's brain waves, causing confusion.
+1 shared vision
+1 telepathy
+1 nocturnal.
1+ all of dis
We will become the giant spider!
I PTW anything that seems interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 20, 2013, 06:17:03 pm »

+1
Lets do the spider!
evolve silk webs
+1 shared vision
+1 telepathy
+1 nocturnal.
+1

Also we should evolve the ability to take control of other creatures if we haven't already.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 20, 2013, 06:54:18 pm »

+1 to everything as well as weaponized tail and digger/kicker feet

Greater cooperation

Smarter

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 20, 2013, 08:18:54 pm »

What would it take to spread to several, wildly different environments? It may cause divergent evolution, but then again, it is one major feature of evolution.
Agreed. I'd like it if we formed the ancestors of the dominant clade.
I assume that already happens. However, those who spread simply become another species, and hence are no longer in our control.
Still, there's no proof that our clade is the dominant one.
The most interesting clade? Sure. The dominant species? Yes, and surprisingly early. Dominant clade? No.

-----

+1 to everything as well as weaponized tail and digger/kicker feet
Greater cooperation
Smarter
+1

Boobies.

Anyone feel up to drawing us again?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 20, 2013, 09:09:54 pm »

Just as a note, but those things have been tried in the past and almost all ended in failure.
Yeah. Personally, I'd enjoy having an alternate universe where someone takes control of a different type of creature, and we see what would happen if it was that (and not tentablobs) which went strange mood with their evolutions.

*innocent whistling*
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 20, 2013, 09:10:46 pm »

Just as a note, but those things have been tried in the past and almost all ended in failure.
Yeah. Personally, I'd enjoy having an alternate universe where someone takes control of a different type of creature, and we see what would happen if it was that (and not tentablobs) which went strange mood with their evolutions.
*innocent whistling*
Subtle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 21, 2013, 12:44:31 am »

*innocent whistling*
Subtle.
XD
I changed telepathy to electrical communication, since it'd be a bit hard to say EXACTLY what they see.
Faster x1
Smarter x2
Nocturnal x6
Zap things for confusion x3
Electrical communication x8
Weaponised tail x1
Digger feet x1

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 21, 2013, 12:47:11 am »

+1 to everything.
I already have my vote on electrical com and nocturnal btw.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 21, 2013, 08:27:28 am »

You forgot webs

also +1 to digging feet
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62