Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 62

Author Topic: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game  (Read 101524 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game
« Reply #525 on: June 21, 2013, 08:38:52 am »

+1 to nocturnal
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 21, 2013, 08:52:46 am »

Just as a note, but those things have been tried in the past and almost all ended in failure.
Yeah. Personally, I'd enjoy having an alternate universe where someone takes control of a different type of creature, and we see what would happen if it was that (and not tentablobs) which went strange mood with their evolutions.
*innocent whistling*
Subtle.
XD
I changed telepathy to electrical communication, since it'd be a bit hard to say EXACTLY what they see.
Faster x1
Smarter x2
Nocturnal x6
Zap things for confusion x3
Electrical communication x8
Weaponised tail x1
Digger feet x1
Hey, you're missing this:
Lets do the spider!
evolve silk webs
(I think it means like RL spider webs, not what we had before.)

And +1 to everything.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 21, 2013, 09:37:41 am »

+1 everything
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 21, 2013, 11:27:28 am »

Lets do the spider!
evolve silk webs
(I think it means like RL spider webs, not what we had before.)

Yes it dose. Even a non adhesive net would be good for now.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 21, 2013, 02:35:20 pm »

Suction cup arms at base of neck

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 21, 2013, 03:25:20 pm »

Suction cup arms at base of neck
I'll just say that's the arms on the back. SOON, UPDATE, SOON.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 22, 2013, 10:39:40 am »

Evolve crude real-time electrical telepathy.
Fine electrical impulses from the sides of the Slicers can be interpreted by other slicers' electrical senses as the transmitter's visual sensations. Our evolved brain allow us to analyze the signal and "see what they see", and combine it with our own vision. Large groups will in time be able to have a single unified vision field. It is NOT a hivemind, just shared vision.
+1
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2013, 11:42:21 am »

EVOLUTION ATTEMPTS: Faster- 3, Smarter- 5+1, Nocturnal- 3+2, Zap things for confusion- 6+1, Electrical communication 3+2, Weaponised tail- 5, Digger feet- 6, Webs- 5

SURVIVAL ROLL- 3! Our species is still in trouble, and another bad generation could spell our doom.

The loner slicer has managed to form social groups again, and has evolved into the nightmace. These animals are even more intelligent than previous species, with their already-existing cultural abilities being expanded even further. Their most obvious feature, however, is their tail. It has developed a spiked ball of spongy bone at the end of their tail. This is frequently groomed, as tiny grooves on the surface are used to carry deadly neurotoxin. This isn't enough for it to be a lethal concentration, but the nightmace can also generate powerful electrical shocks, which are powered by the ever-working muscle of the wings. They sprawl webs across trees in their mountainous homes, and feed on any creatures that are caught when they wake or return to their homes. These animals have powerful feet, with which they can dig through solid tree bark, where they keep their young in a maze of silk. The silk can be a secondary shock communicator, as it is an excellent conductor and a sprawl of threads attached to prey can be highly effective.

The world is continuing to dry. The montane forests are shrinking.

GENERATION 24:
Nightmace
A mottled dark purple bird-like animal that hunts under the montane forest canopy. They use their fanged tentacles to attack and kill their prey. They mostly fly. They grow up to 40 centimetres long, and their offspring are called tentaclets. They use two claws on their back to snatch prey from the ground or air.
SOCIAL: They live alone, as they can no longer support themselves in a group.
SENSES: It has a sense of touch that lets it figure out if it's touching food, and an extremely good sense of smell/taste. A keen electrical sense lets it find creatures that are close to it, and it can feel vibrations from moving creatures. Its hearing is superb, and it can echolocate. However, this is still inferior to the eagle-eyed vision of other slicers.
REPRODUCTION: It 'kisses' a mate it approves of, passing male cells to it, and growths grow inside of the womb. Tentaclets follow their mother and are fed by them. They eat regurgitated food from the mother's guts, and when they are old enough, they leave.
MOVEMENT: They fly by using their front wings to glide and their back wings as engines. They have two legs on their underside.
EATING: It impales small animals and digests them by drawing them into the guts. They are able to prey on most animals smaller than them, and they  use venom. Most of their food is from grazing worms and the dense vegetation. Other prey include land-dwelling spearfaced worms (slitherers) and other flappers, as well as leggedgrinders. We can use a precise jet of neurotoxin, laced with silica shards (to pierce the skin), to kill prey.
PREDATION: We are fed on by many predators, despite our toxicity.
COMPETITION: Many predators our size are taking over the daytime niches.
ENVIRONMENT: A moist, cool rainforest, with scarce balloons over the sky and many purple-ish trees.

CURRENT ENVIRONMENT: Montane forest
NEARBY ENVIRONMENTS: Bubblegrass prarie, mudflats, taiga, open ocean, lowland woodland

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 22, 2013, 11:48:50 am »

Hm. Let's migrate to the taiga. More cold adaption, like more insulated webbing.

Is there anyone here who can draw this thing?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 22, 2013, 11:51:28 am »

If I can get off of my buttocks, I can

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 22, 2013, 11:53:00 am »

The one problem I see with the taiga is that we will need some new sort of elevated hidey hole for our babies, and there will be a lack of stuff in the sky for us to web.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 22, 2013, 11:54:02 am »

The one problem I see with the taiga is that we will need some new sort of elevated hidey hole for our babies, and there will be a lack of stuff in the sky for us to web.
Good point. Hmmm...

HAVE A DALEK RELAXATION VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59guruVL4o
THIS SHALL HELP YOU THINK OF IDEAS

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 22, 2013, 12:30:03 pm »

Evolve water proof web funnels to catch rain and direct it to the tree roots.

Use water proof silk to cover ponds during the dry season and leave them uncovered in the wet so we can retain as much moisture as possible in our biome.

Alternatively we could just up and move to the lowland woodlands
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 22, 2013, 02:08:57 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:13:37 pm by Bronimin »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 62