Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 62

Author Topic: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game  (Read 101587 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game
« Reply #600 on: July 03, 2013, 12:03:11 pm »

+1 to developing butt oxen
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 06, 2013, 06:40:54 pm »

Develop organs to use as mana pools. Learn the secrets of life and death. Necro the thread.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 07, 2013, 03:12:27 am »

(okay I am off my buttocks now)

EVOLUTION ATTEMPTS: Make silk water retainers- 2, Bone shells with neurotoxin grooves- 6, Larger packs- 5+3=6+, Become larger and more robust- 4, Symbiotise larger predator- 5+3=6+, Better ground movement- 3, Better senses- 1, GIGAWEB PARTY- 3+1=4,

SURVIVAL ROLL- 5! We've managed to escape from the slope to extinction.

The shelled nightmace is another step up from the last generations, and now forms even larger packs. They have formed a symbiosis with a larger predator, the greater eagle-squid, which has powerful day vision but is virtually blind at night. We have taken to nesting alongside it, going out with it at night and guarding its chicks. Our sense of smell has dwindled, now that we are able to find food by following the eagle-squid. They have developed a strong, light and grooved shell, and neurotoxin leaked from the poison-tubes is spread around the body by their shape. Our webs are slightly larger, but a bit looser, to allow our hosts to navigate them. We have a slightly larger size, as well, although this has had an effect on our flying abilities.

The world is continuing to dry. The forests have been replaced by meadows.

GENERATION 25:
Nightmace
A mottled dark purple bird-like animal that hunts under the montane forest canopy. They use their fanged tentacles to attack and kill their prey. They mostly fly. They grow up to 40 centimetres long, and their offspring are called tentaclets. They use two claws on their back to snatch prey from the ground or air.
SOCIAL: They live in groups of about 25, alongside one or two eagle-squid.
SENSES: It has a sense of touch that lets it figure out if it's touching food, and an extremely good sense of smell/taste. A keen electrical sense lets it find creatures that are close to it, and it can feel vibrations from moving creatures. Its hearing is superb, and it can echolocate. However, this is still inferior to the eagle-eyed vision of other slicers, although the eagle-squid partially makes up for that.
REPRODUCTION: It 'kisses' a mate it approves of, passing male cells to it, and growths grow inside of the womb. Tentaclets follow their mother and are fed by them. They eat regurgitated food from the mother's guts, and when they are old enough, they leave.
MOVEMENT: They fly by using their front wings to glide and their back wings as engines. They have two legs on their underside, which can break through wood and dig through dirt.
EATING: It impales small animals and digests them by drawing them into the guts. They are able to prey on most animals smaller than them, and they  use venom. Most of their food is from grazing worms and the dense vegetation. Other prey include land-dwelling spearfaced worms (slitherers) and other flappers, as well as leggedgrinders. We can use a precise jet of neurotoxin, laced with silica shards (to pierce the skin), to kill prey. We scavenge from the kills of our host when we are not hunting.
PREDATION: We have few predators, now we are protected by our shells and our hosts.
SYMBIOSIS: The greater eagle-squid, a large predator with a 3-metre wingspan and powerful vision and claws.
COMPETITION: Many predators our size are taking over the daytime niches. However, we can scavenge from our host's kills as well.
ENVIRONMENT: A woodland with loose trees and quite a few balloons above it.

CURRENT ENVIRONMENT: Lowland woodlands
NEARBY ENVIRONMENTS: Bubblegrass prarie, mudflats, taiga, open ocean, alpine meadows, overseas coastline

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 07, 2013, 12:02:59 pm »

I'd say we do something to futureproof ourselves from the world around us drying out, but I have no idea what.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 07, 2013, 04:03:32 pm »

I'd say we do something to futureproof ourselves from the world around us drying out, but I have no idea what.
Reduce water intake needs, say by turning nitrogenous wastes into uric acid or something?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 18, 2013, 09:53:09 pm »

BUMPAWNCH
Sig! Onol

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 19, 2013, 08:44:22 am »

Improve senses

Gain two tentacles that can be used to grip things

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 20, 2013, 09:10:11 am »

Gain light producing enzymes in clusters above the eyes so we can produce light to see by from in dark places.
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 20, 2013, 10:20:06 am »

Gain light producing enzymes in clusters above the eyes so we can produce light to see by from in dark places.
1) We have no eyes
2) We can see in the dark very well, thank you very much
3) It's wonderfully ineffective and counter productive.

But thanks for caring ^^
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 20, 2013, 11:28:45 am »

Yes, yes, I'm still here, don't worry.

VOTES-

Gripping tentacles x1
Improved senses x1
Uric acid x1

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 20, 2013, 11:31:01 am »

How about making little silk/poison bombs to use to trap our nests?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 20, 2013, 12:30:06 pm »

Should we just go straight up nocturnal?
Sig! Onol

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 20, 2013, 12:30:27 pm »

Yes.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 22, 2013, 10:26:46 am »

1) We have no eyes
2) We can see in the dark very well, thank you very much
3) It's wonderfully ineffective and counter productive.

But thanks for caring ^^

Okay then, evolve eyes first, I want eye lasers.
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 22, 2013, 10:49:04 am »

VOTES-
Gripping tentacles x1
Improved senses x1
Uric acid x1
Poison traps in nest x1
Nocturnal x1