Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: The Islands of Misery: Another Turn  (Read 49603 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: Wickeln Einwecken Auch
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2013, 11:22:42 pm »

"huh? Oh, I'm Ahrian. Why're you wearing a suit? I dont think there's going to be much occasion for it on top of a mountain."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2013, 11:48:34 pm »

"Fair question. Hm... I suppose I just like to make a good first impression and  in my experience, the suit has helped.
In all honesty, anything that would be useful here, I doubt I'd have much access to. Well, beyond these, I suppose.

Ed gestures down at his greaves.

"Still not entirely sure where they came from. But it seems that sort of situation's not very uncommon here."

He gives Faye's spearplate a passing glance as he says this.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2013, 11:54:19 pm »

"Yeah, I got something weird too.
Ahrian removes her socks from her pocket and shows them to the other two
"Somehow I ended up with these things. They hurt while I wear them, so I've been keeping them in my pocket. Do either of you have any idea what they're supposed to do?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2013, 12:04:37 am »

Ed looks at the socks with an unsure expression.
"Hrm. Are those made of leather? That'd explain why they're unpleasant to wear, at any rate."

He shrugs.
"I guess I'll take a look at them and see if they're weird in ways other than that."

Inspect Ahrian's socks for magicky oddness, I guess?

Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2013, 02:45:35 am »

Summon magic girl powers to heal myself(power of believe(or sheer luck) don't fail me now)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2013, 09:09:29 am »

Also, examine socks as I think I have a high stat for that.

Huh... Strange. Maybe they're like... karmic battery socks?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2013, 10:16:29 am »

Go hit on the ladies. Take away one of my highest points.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2013, 06:15:21 am »

Head back into the building and grab and put on the chain shirt.
Pick up all the loot I've just examined as well.
Try to fire a glass projectile thing in a direction with nobody in the way.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2013, 08:58:07 am »

superBLAST needs to post a turn. Again.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2013, 09:09:37 pm »

"Ugh.... where the hell am I?" Is what Unlucky says as he wakes up his... however long his sleep was. Then he notices he has some weird stuff he doesn't recognize. And they seem to do something....

Test out what my stuff can do. Test on nearest weak looking person in my stuff doesn't do stuff on there own.... some much stuff....
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: One Death Short
« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2013, 06:57:39 pm »

Quote from: Tsuchi, Leng, Some
Chat, play around, chat some more, look at the weird leather socks
Go hit on the ladies. Take away one of my highest points.
Edmund wanders over to the two girls and joins their conversation. He examines the large, weirdly-colored leather socks, dodging a rock which flies dangerously close to his head and muttering to reply to the inevitable apology. [5] They seem to have some kind of activated power, which unfortunately requires you to be wearing them. After informing the girls of this fact, Edmund stands a bit uncomfortably off to one side. They're about as normal as you could expect here, but that's not really reassuring...Faye looks over the socks with this hint in mind. [4+2+1] It's clearly an activated healing ability.
The rapper comes over. [1-2] "Hey, girls, do you wanna sleep with me? Because I'm sleeping with you, no matter what! ...Wait..." He doesn't get the wait.
[9V5-1-1&4V8-1][5-3v4-1]
[8v5-1][6-1v5-1-1]
Both girls swing at Snow, Ahrian rather more successfully. Her punch doesn't really hurt at all, though. Then Edmund does the same, with Snow getting a highly probable black eye.

Summon magic girl powers to heal myself(power of believe(or sheer luck) don't fail me now)
[9-1] You cause the area to begin glowing, then fall further and leave the glow behind. [MPR:4] You're more than two-thirds down, [3-2-1] but dead.

Head back into the building and grab and put on the chain shirt.
Pick up all the loot I've just examined as well.
Try to fire a glass projectile thing in a direction with nobody in the way.

Check, that would be the loot under you correct?, and [9+2-1] smashing!
The big scary guy's swim trunks fall down; you laugh. His trunks turn into a fishy lady (literally), who wanders over to you and taps your shoulder. [2-1] Your leg withers! You fall over, feeling generally crappy.

"Ugh.... where the hell am I?" Is what Unlucky says as he wakes up his... however long his sleep was. Then he notices he has some weird stuff he doesn't recognize. And they seem to do something....
Test out what my stuff can do. Test on nearest weak looking person in my stuff doesn't do stuff on there own.... some much stuff....
(You also have two Attribute Points to spend.)
Evil Unlucky awakes from a mental stupor, trying to remember. That coif he has turned his skin leathery, that was easy to find out. However, that still leaves this weird rocky thing and, of course, the swimsuit. [2-4,10-4] The former presumably has some kind of godifying enchantment, while the latter seems to be able to summon some kind of ally. When your only combat thingies are a stone cloak and some leathery skin, allies are good, right? Let's see if you can figure out how to get the ally...[6+1-1+1] You figure out how and invoke the enchantment! First thing, your shorts fall down; there's someone laughing at you. Secondly, they sorta expand and thicken, beginning to emit smoke. It seems like they're trying to crawl away, and get a lot bigger. When the smoke clears, it's...some kind of woman. She's wearing a bikini and looks to be in her early 20's. On the other hand, she also has a round and sideways-flattened head (you'd say laterally compressed, but you don't know what that means) which looks like some sort of fish, scaley skin, and fins for hands.
"Um...hi?"
"Hi! I'm Mylio. What's your name?"
"Never mind that right now. Is there anything you can...do?"

"Oh, sure! Watch this:"
Mylio goes over to the guy who laughed at your wardrobe malfunction and tapped him on the shoulder. One of his legs withers; he falls over. "Nice."
"Thanks. It doesn't always do that. Or maybe it does. I haven't tried much. It was a great party trick, until I turned one guy into goop."

Fezzy Spawns!
The spirit of Dakota Jones's fez coalesces in the building. She notes a small club in her hand, with a little green ring around the handle. [9-1] She notices a small button in the ring.

'.,*'',.;`,',.`
'.`',.`'.`,.*',
";.`,'"`.;,`:'.
'.-o'.`,;`'.:`'
;'*;'`"[,;'`.',
':.`*
--;--'`;,.
-.'`,|@@+|;'@.,
':`.,
,@I++'*@@;
o;'`.|
++@|'*"@,
".`;,--+--'.`,:
;`';.:*
@.`':".`
'.-o'.`
@;`'.,`'
"`.,;'`".,;`".,
;`*'.;,`";.`'",
"*;.,'*;,o.;"`,

-----

Statuses

-----

Hm...only one death...but then again, a couple of people are a lot closer to death.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2013, 07:30:38 pm »

"What a jerk. wait... this could be useful. Hey, um... you never did tell me your name did you. Whatever, anyway, so these socks have some kind of healing ability? Well, we have someone here I could try it out on and figure out how it works. Lets see here..."

Put the leather socks on, and try to heal the random guy's eye. listen to any advice given by the others on how to activate the ability.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2013, 07:40:56 pm »

"Well, I've been through worse." Go and rap about my day.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2013, 08:29:15 pm »

"Sweet.... do it some more to the guy.... actually... I bet it'll work better if you hug him... well you you don't mind hugging a guy with a withered leg."

Have Mylio hug the guy she touched. Unless someone else tries hurting me or her, then hug them instead. Do stuff to figure out this godifying enchanment while she's doing her thing.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2013, 07:55:45 am »

Wave to the nice people, then edge out of the door and press the button. if anyone comes towards me, aim at them before pressing the button.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27