Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: The Islands of Misery: Another Turn  (Read 49575 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: Awkward...
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2013, 03:00:55 pm »

Attempt to discern nature of defensive ability.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2013, 10:42:38 pm »

Make vines grow again. don't stop until they are 5 feet high or something bad happens to me.

"Hey, F****t. stop groping me or I will f***ing kick your ass to kingdom come." (bleeping provided by Clean Rap Records)
You grow some dense foliage.

"Ah yes that one is still around... truly I am sorry about that."
Go outside and look for a weapon, if there is a really good opportunity for it kill the snickerer.
Hm...there's a spiky halberd near an impaled person. You grab it and scurry back to kill someone...

Ack... That kinda hurt... Ah, it's OK, though, just... let me catch my breath...
Y-you seem a lot stronger than me... But maybe we could team up? I have a knack for figuring things out, and since you don't know what your item does... E-either way, we should get out of here. Vines... I don't like the idea of someone controlling vines near me. I know what those things are capable of.
Offer friendship. Either way, leave the building in the least-viney direction. Leave the building and go loot the two corpses of their pauldrons. I will become the tank.
You head south and grab the Snug Pauldrons. They fit, snugly. A tank you will become.

"Rapper plant guy, can you make a 'ladder' of vines off the side of the mountains?"
You ask.
He ignores you, preferring to make his section of the building vinier.

"sorry. Misread."
Apologize. Exit quickly. Turn self into monkey using shirt-thing. Climb to top of building.
[9+2-1] You activate the device and turn into a monkey. You fall out of all your clothing, but keep the monocle, top hat, and rag. [8+1+2-4] You scramble to the top of the building. I'll give you a point of Karma.

Attempt to discern nature of defensive ability.
[3+1] It's some kind of reaction-based thing.

'.,*'',.;`,',.`
'.`',.`'.`,.*',
";.`,'"`.;,`:'.
'.-o'.`,;`'.,`'
;'*;'`".,;'`.',
':.`*
--;--'`;,.
'.'`
@|@[+|;'`.,
':`.,
",I@+'*'.:
o;'`.|++
@|'*";,
".`;,--+--'.`,:
;`';.:*
@.`':".`
'.-o'.`
@;`'.,`'
"`@,;'`".,;`".,
;`*'.;,`";.`'",
"*;.,'*;,o.;"`,

-----

Statuses

-----

Wow. Lots of changes, no real progress.
I mean, one guy turned into a monkey, another made a corner of the building into a jungle, a couple are looting corpses...but really, what was accomplished? Nothing.
Sorry, I guess The Great Gatsby left me all philosophical.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2013, 10:48:42 pm »

Grab the monkey guys chain shirt. Then try finding out what all my new swag does. And while I'm thinking of it stab a boulder.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:16:16 am by kj1225 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2013, 05:13:43 am »

Rip out some vines to make a rope and try a end to something study.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2013, 06:16:19 am »

Examine local area. Climb down. Protect my stuff from looters until I become human again. Put on my clothing. Use point of karma to pre-emptively dodge any attack that hits me, in case that guy suspiciously eying my stuff gets a little gung-ho about it.
Edit - grammar
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:08:43 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2013, 07:09:25 am »

Examine pauldrons. Attempt to activate pauldrons. Mention leg armor, then hastily add that pants aren't on the list of "armor."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2013, 12:05:48 pm »

Use buttons to select everyone with pointer thing.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2013, 12:16:24 pm »

Who first?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2013, 12:19:58 pm »

uh, the monkey, then kj.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2013, 12:21:15 pm »

Didn't you do me already?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2013, 12:24:31 pm »

okay then select freeform.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2013, 08:51:21 pm »

Bump for freeform to notice.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: B-b-b-b-ba-ack!
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2013, 05:01:23 pm »

Grab the monkey guys chain shirt. Then try finding out what all my new swag does. And while I'm thinking of it stab a boulder.
[5-3,9-3] The chain shirt seems to be transformey. And you can control it.

Rip out some vines to make a rope and try a end to something study.
[10+3] You make an absolutely awesome vine rope. [10-1] Are you freakin' kidding me? Anyways, you find a pretty sturdy outcropping of rock.

Examine local area. Climb down. Protect my stuff from looters until I become human again. Put on my clothing. Use point of karma to pre-emptively dodge any attack that hits me, in case that guy suspiciously eying my stuff gets a little gung-ho about it.
Edit - grammar
[10+1v7-1-1;8-4v9-3] You drop down right on top of Kyle Johnson's head, but don't do much of anything. He doesn't even notice. Also, you're not human yet. You think he'd notice that.

Examine pauldrons. Attempt to activate pauldrons. Mention leg armor, then hastily add that pants aren't on the list of "armor."
[8+2] The pauldrons have a passive defensive ability that improves your reaction time in response to dangerous events. You mention leg armor to no one in particular.

okay then select freeform.
You handle the controls to select Ludian. Kyle isn't highlighted, but freeform is.

help the rapper out if anyone attacks him. (joke)

loot the corpse of the guy he killed
You take the trenchcoat and overalls, somehow, but are not wearing them.

'.,*'',.;`,',.`
'.`',.`'.`,.*',
";.`,'"`.;,`:'.
'.-o'.`,;`'.,`'
;'*;'`".,;'`.',
':.`*
--;--'`;,.
@.'`,|
@@+|;'`.,
':`.,
",I++'*'.:
o;'`.|++
@|'*";,
".`;,--+--'.`,:
;`';.:*
@.`':".`
'.-o'.`
@;`'.,`'
"`.,;'`".,;`".,
;`*'.;,`";.`'",
"*;.,'*;,o.;"`,

-----

Statuses

-----

Sorry about the not updating thing.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2013, 05:09:03 pm »

Murder! Time for murder! GO over to the rapper guy and stab him. Admire my new hat. And then after taking any loot the rapper has (If I kill him) toss him off the cliff.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2013, 05:26:48 pm »

[10+3] You make an absolutely awesome vine rope. [10-1] Are you freakin' kidding me? Anyways, you find a pretty sturdy outcropping of rock.
((I got to offer more kittens to the dark random number god))
Climb down the side of the mountain using the rope.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27