Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: The Islands of Misery: Another Turn  (Read 49494 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: Deaths Come in Twos
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2013, 10:15:16 am »

"Ahhh man!" Rap battle with someone else while pressing buttons on my suit.\

Rap battle monkey halberd electric suit islands misery doesn't come up with this either.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2013, 02:27:22 pm »

Try to figure what- if anything- my greaves do.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2013, 02:32:08 pm »

So my character died of an extreme migraine?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: High and Low
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2013, 04:51:48 pm »

"Wwwwwhaaaatt? What's this? Why's this? and owwww..."
look around, then inspect socks. Avoid anyone with blood on them.
You look at your socks. [1-3] They seem to have the magical ability to make people uncomfortable.

Examine cherry tree. If it has some fruit, pick a few, and leave to the East.

Ah, I don't have that much to do... I don't want to fight, but my abilities aren't useful for much else. Maybe if I explore...
[9] You pick several ripe cherries and head out the door.

1 point into TUF,
1 point into Dex.
Drag Kyle's loot, including the shirt, outside to where my stuff is.
Try to see what it does.
You drag Kyle's body outside, leaving a bloody streak and your suit behind. There is your chain shirt, of course, but also some clothes, a halberd, and a weird pair of pants. [9+2,10+2-1] You determine that the pants can fire some glass projectiles from the rods if one is holding them, and that the halberd can animate objects for several minutes.

Does the rope now reach a safe place down the mountain, if so climb down, if not more VINES!
[5+3] Yes. You begin climbing down...and when you reach the second bit of the rope, it comes apart! [5-2+1] You land on an outcropping, and hear something snap. Your ankle hurts.
Mountain Progress Roll: 6. The good news is, you're about a third of the way down the mountain.

"Ahhh man!" Rap battle with someone else while pressing buttons on my suit.\

Rap battle monkey halberd electric suit islands misery doesn't come up with this either.
Sadly, no one wants to rap with you. Although you do see a new guy, a big guy in a swimsuit, who it might be interesting to rap at.
((The internet is a weird place.))

Try to figure what- if anything- my greaves do.
[10] The greaves can never be lost. If removed somehow, they will rematerialize on the legs of their last living owner. This can be disabled by mental command, but this only works if one is awake.

Evil Unlucky spawns!
Of course. Lucky came here, Evil Unlucky must follow. It's the nature of the universe, the way it works. Their souls were intertwined, destined to follow each other from one world to the next. Evil Unlucky had resigned himself to this fate, and accepted it with dignity. A bit more dignity than he expected for the attire he spawned in--naked save for a pair of blue-green swim trunks, not even sandals or a coating of water. Humiliating, really. He looked around, and who did he see but another horrible man, cruel and contentious--obviously nowhere near as much as E.U. himself, of course, but still. He had a feeling that they were connected, somehow. Perhaps it's the swimwear--while this rapper-type person is wearing a sweatshirt, it's easy to see the one-piece bathing suit he's wearing. Aren't those designed for women? Certainly, this is something you should point out.

'.,*'',.;`,',.`
'.`',.`'.`,.*',
";.`,'"`.;,`:'.
'.-o'.`@;`'.,`'
;'*;'`"m,;'`.',
':.`*
--;--'`;,.
-.'`,|.]+|;'`.,
':`.,
@@I++'*'.:
o;'`.|
@++|'*@;,
".`;,--+--'.`,:
;`';.:*
@.`':".`
'.-o'.`
@;`'.,`'
"`.,;'`".,;`".,
;`*'.;,`";.`'",
"*;.,'*;,o.;"`,

-----

Statuses

-----

The waitlist is running thin...Fezzy, and that's it.
Brood, Cheesecake, are you actually ever going to make those characters?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2013, 05:11:51 pm »

Wander aimlessly, looking for a safe way down the mountain.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2013, 05:30:29 pm »

W417L1S7 PL0X

Name: Nancy Albello
Appearance: Nancy is a tall, thin woman with red hair. And by red hair, it's really RED hair, not any of that Ginger bullshit. She wears moderately thin glasses, a green skirt,  a white shirt, a lab coat overtop. There's a pocket on the inside of the coat for her current book.
Personality/Background: Nancy is one of the ditziest librarians you'll ever meet. Even she's a bit confused as to why she still has her job. Either way, you can often find her, buried in a book. She's a really nice person, but don't get her angry. She might just trip and spill her coffee on you one day.
However, one day, while combing the card catalogues, she came across one that was a bit....strange. It was charred on all edges. Luckily, everything on the card was still readable. She decided to find the book, and came to an almost empty shelf. A single book without covers sat on the metal shelf. She picked it up, and flipped through it, only to find it was not only lacking in cover, but also in content. The only ink in the entire book was on page 111, where a strange collection of symbols had conglomerated. Some of them were coloured, and appeared to be....moving. She decided to take the book back to her desk, when she tripped over a loose cable running along the ground, and falling right INTO the book. That's when she found herself here.

Agi - 3 + 4
Clv - 3 +10
Dex - 3 + 6
Lor - 3 + 10
Luk - 3 + 6
Per - 3 + 4
Str - 3 + 10
Tuf - 3 + 10

Traits (if any): NEMESIS
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2013, 02:05:25 am »

Use broken rope to brace my ankle. Work out a route to the next safe place down the mountain.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2013, 06:16:45 am »

Take a look around the northern area for somewhere to go that's more interesting and has less violent simians.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2013, 11:47:22 am »

Drag out my suit as well.
Place it by the body.
Try to use the rag to find plants.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2013, 12:04:31 pm »

"well, this is dumb. where did these stupid things come from anyway?"
take off the painful socks, put them in a pocket, then follow the girl with the strange spear on a chain.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2013, 11:04:22 pm »

Need BLAST and Persus to post actions.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2013, 11:00:50 am »

Grab a weapon lying around. If none, wander around holding down the vine button.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2013, 09:13:34 am »

over a week has passed since last turn, make a turn despite blast not posting an action?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2013, 02:55:16 pm »

over a week has passed since last turn, make a turn despite blast not posting an action?
Sorry about that. I've been meaning to write up the turn but kept putting it off.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Islands of Misery: Rap Battle!?!
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2013, 08:29:39 pm »

Wander aimlessly, looking for a safe way down the mountain.
Hm...you could try jumping down. Not that that ended well for anyone else who tried it, mind.

Use broken rope to brace my ankle. Work out a route to the next safe place down the mountain.
[10-2] You manage to make an improvised rope splint. [10-1-2] You think you can see a way to get further down, but it requires climbing.

Take a look around the northern area for somewhere to go that's more interesting and has less violent simians.
Fewer violent simians, or simians who are less violent?
You could go just about anywhere. Unless you want to find nonviolent simians.

Drag out my suit as well.
Place it by the body.
Try to use the rag to find plants.

You do so. Except that the rag does not detect any plants other than lichens on the slope.

"well, this is dumb. where did these stupid things come from anyway?"
take off the painful socks, put them in a pocket, then follow the girl with the strange spear on a chain.
You do so.

Grab a weapon lying around. If none, wander around holding down the vine button.
There aren't, and you're interrupted...

Quote from: Various folks in the Delinquent Players Help thread
Doff the trunks, hit on and/or pick up the girl, rap and/or conventional-battle the rapper.
Alright, let's interpret this as:
1. Flirt with girl.
2. Rap- then Normal-Battle the Rapper.
The first is doomed to failure, as it's tough to flirt with someone who's leaving the room. Hence, you engage in a rap battle with the rapper.
Spoiler: RAP BATTLE! (click to show/hide)
((That was fun.))
Excellent! Billy Snow/Persus13, you get -1 Attribute Points. Choose an Attribute to remove a point from. You also need to recover. As for Evil Unlucky/superBLAST, you get an Attribute Point and a Loot due to rap battle rules I just made up and added to the OP, combined with the Nemesis trait. As for the loot...
Evil Unlucky notes a weird sensation in the skin on his head. Out of it crawls several rings of metal, which assemble themselves into a chainmail coif (head-covering), which is followed by his entire body's skin from head to toe becoming leathery. He considers making a last jibe about clothing, before a little mercy towards the rapper enters his shriveled heart.

'.,*'',.;`,',.`
'.`',.`'.`,.*',
";.`,'"`.;,`:'.
'.-o'.`@;`'.,`'
;'*;'`"m,;'`.',
':.`*
--;--'`;,.
-.'`,|.`+|;'`.,
':`.,
@@I++'*'.:
o;'`.|
+++|'*"@@
".`;,--+--'.`,:
;`';.:*
@.`':".`
'.-o'.`
@;`'.,`'
"`.,;'`".,;`".,
;`*'.;,`";.`'",
"*;.,'*;,o.;"`,

-----

Statuses

-----

What absurd alternate battle system shall I add next?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27