Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LCS Liberal Management 101  (Read 885 times)

r1kr0k

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
LCS Liberal Management 101
« on: May 05, 2013, 07:36:14 am »

Hi!

First off, like many of you, I love this game. Thank you all for being so supportive and open about the coding and ideas. It's been a blast to read this forum.

I have an issue though. I have 163 active liberals in my squad. Some missing teeth, some old, some young, some radical and some with broken necks. It is difficult to manage to compare my liberals to choose the best liberal for the mission or objective. Maybe I want to dedicate some older liberals to retirement to teach others their experience? As is, I spend about two hours updating people's stats and skills into Excel. This sucks because stats are ever changing.

How do you guys manage your liberals? Is there a way I can extract this information easily? I'm a novice coder a best, so I'm open to ideas to that, but will need some solid guidance. I'm also open to downloads.

I imagine if the direction of going to a city based game, liberal management needs to be improved.

NikGreek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Liberal Management 101
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:19:18 am »

When i play with large organisations, i manage my liberals by safe house. The down town apartments are for liberals who need to stay off the radar for serious crimes, the university apartments are for hackers, the shelter is for people doing legal things (tailoring, thieves with a clean sheet, money makers). The warehouse is the defending position, for 50+ liberals who carry rifles at all times. You don't get there. 
Teachers stay either in the housing projects or the warehouse, depending how much heat they and their students have.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 02:24:34 pm »

if i have a lot of liberals then i use squads i.e. browny squad 1 does nothing but sell brownys
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

FugitiveUnknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 05:56:09 pm »

I always, always, ALWAYS rename my liberals so that their first name they get is usually more of a squad designation (for instance Writer) , and the second has a simple designator of number (alpha/beta/cappa/delta) and if the character has a special skill I include that too. So I'll have CovertOpsAlhpa(Lockpick4).

They also organize by safehouse.

When my numbers get big, I'll make sure active squads get an A at the start of their tarting with A, and stuff that never has to move (writers, artists) get a Z.

Generally my squads work like this.

AlphaHacking Squad goes between the two downtown appartments, since they draw heat like mad as they run credit card scams.

BetaAction Squad (Legbreakers and the assholes wtih guns who take out the CSS..and then getting killed in a blaze of glory)

BetaHuman Resources Squad (which has my leader who kidnaps sleepers and brainwashes them, running between various other safe houses)

OmegaWriters and WriterGuards (who sit in a fortified safehouse and write the guardian once the laws become reasonable.. and I NEVER put out treasonous material from this location)

ZetaDoomed/Prostitute/Graffiti Squads (who sit in the homeless shelter. Doomed refers to known kidnapped and brainwashed conservaties, and the useless idiots I pick up who run graffiti and prostitution stings, largely to train my lawyer). These guys are pretty doomed and usually they all end up in prison a lot unless I've gotten their Street Sense way up.

For my sleepers, I usually use the location they are at.

The exception being my six sleeper judges and my ace attorney, Phoenix Left, who of course NEVER do anything but act as sleepers, as they are too valuable to risk.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 07:47:46 pm »

I generally don't keep more than a small handful of active liberals, keeping about a dozen of them, and hordes of sleepers everywhere. Sure, it does limit recruitment a bit, but not really that much. By having few active members you can focus and train them quite a lot.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 08:22:21 pm »

I have small active LCS units, generally no more than two squads. What I do have is an exponential resource of sleepers-especially agents-who can form impromptu squads at any time.