Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Babysnatchers and trade.  (Read 925 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Babysnatchers and trade.
« on: June 03, 2013, 05:18:32 pm »

I added a civilization with the babysnatcher tag, but all of the worlds I've generated have listed the goblins as being unable to trade with them, no matter where I put the fortress. I've tried getting the goblins to build towns and added the pack animal tag to rutherers in case they didn't have any way to transport their goods, but they still won't trade.

A more minor problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get members of the civilisation to harvest plants. I used humans for the new civilisation for the test, and they have no problem using the plants for cooking and brewing, but they won't put them in barrels or stockpiles after harvesting.

I also ran across something interesting, which I'm assuming has something to do with adding the power tag to dragons:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:22:40 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Babysnatchers and trade.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 06:00:53 pm »

give them access to a wagon puller creature

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 06:04:54 pm »

I also ran across something interesting, which I'm assuming has something to do with adding the power tag to dragons:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note to self: make megabeast dragons have the power tag for the Dragonic Civilization mod.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 08:17:56 pm »

I think they need the intelligence tag too, or at least, I didn't see any dragon vampires before I put it on them.

I'll try giving them horses or something. Thanks.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:41:17 pm »

Please post your dragon raws. I am intrigued and wish to do SCIENCE.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 09:52:15 pm »

Please post your dragon raws. I am intrigued and wish to do SCIENCE.

You know, I think that someone else did something similar, but had the addition of two-headed and two-headed, intelligent dragons.  I think I have a download of it, but I will try to find the thread first.

Thread Found: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115751.msg3573387#msg3573387
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:56:21 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 01:34:51 am »

I added a civilization with the babysnatcher tag, but all of the worlds I've generated have listed the goblins as being unable to trade with them, no matter where I put the fortress. I've tried getting the goblins to build towns and added the pack animal tag to rutherers in case they didn't have any way to transport their goods, but they still won't trade.

What I would recommend is reverse-engineering the tags. Leave the Goblins alone - i know for a fact that with a few tag changes they can trade with the dwarves, so it's not a problem with the goblins. Try getting vanilla goblins to trade with vanilla dwarves first, then, work out which tags are missing from your new race by process of elimination.

According to the wiki, adding Babysnatcher should align the playable race to the goblins for trade etc, and have humans and elves siege from you:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.31:Entity_token
BABYSNATCHER       Sends thieves to steal babies. Also sends ambush parties to harass your civilization. Without this tag, enemy civs will only siege, and will siege as early as they would otherwise babysnatch. This can happen as early as the first year of the fort! In addition, babysnatcher civs will snatch children during worldgen, allowing them to become part of the civ if they do not escape. Note: If the playable civ in Fortress Mode has this tag (ie. you add BABYSNATCHER to the Dwarf entity) then the roles will be reversed and elves and humans will siege and ambush and goblins will trade with you.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:46:16 am by Reelya »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 11:01:33 am »

Babysnatcher aligns you with Goblins,

Goblins need Pack and Pull animals, otherwise they'll be friendly but "-NO TRADE-" on the embark screen.   You can force it with COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK and COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL, or find another solution like you suggested with rutherers.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 11:08:00 am »

Be warned that goblins traders will come 4 times a year because they are active at every season.

Another thing to remember is that pets brought by caravan will be 'snatched' when they leave. So selling them animals will not be added to your exports and you will have harmless warnings about kidnappings.

It is the same issue with ITEM_THIEF. Caravans with this tag will 'steal' all their inventory, resulting in a total loss (and a ton of spam!). Adding ITEM_THIEF to your home civ will eliminate migrant waves because you'll have no export registered.