Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A moment of silence...  (Read 11821 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: A moment of silence...
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 08:05:09 pm »

I should really drink and post more.

Might want to keep it in this thread.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

sealclubber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 09:15:37 pm »

Don't worry about me

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 08:44:55 am »

Don't worry about me, my freind.  I'll surely mind the rules of this forum, as well as decorum.  MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!!!1!

FTFY  :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 09:03:48 am »

I tag the suffix 'smith' at the end of each of my professions due to an old habit that I simply got used to. Some examples include a Mason being a Stonesmith, a hammer being called a Justicesmith, etc etc. My metalsmiths have all metalworking labors enabled, so it would be tedious to name them all weaponsmith, armorsmith and so on. I figured that they are all smiths to being with, and they all... smith... so... smithsmith.

Yeah.
This is genius

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 04:25:07 pm »

I tag the suffix 'smith' at the end of each of my professions due to an old habit that I simply got used to. Some examples include a Mason being a Stonesmith, a hammer being called a Justicesmith, etc etc. My metalsmiths have all metalworking labors enabled, so it would be tedious to name them all weaponsmith, armorsmith and so on. I figured that they are all smiths to being with, and they all... smith... so... smithsmith.

Yeah.
This is genius
How did I not think of this!? It makes complete sense!
If a guy has the profession "Weaponsmith", it would be hard to tell what he did, but "Smithsmith"? What else could he be!
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

sealclubber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »

Yeah.
This is genius
How did I not think of this!? It makes complete sense!
If a guy has the profession "Weaponsmith", it would be hard to tell what he did, but "Smithsmith"? What else could he be!

Did you even read what I wrote brah? All my smiths have all smithing labors enabled.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 03:20:58 pm »

Its a pretty common thing people do.  The earliest that I recall would have been syrupleaf, where Holistic Detective was the Deathsmith, there was also a jailsmith, a boozesmith, a foodsmith, and some others.  Sometimes I do this for fun, but I reserve the "smith" suffix for dwarves that were highly skilled or well suited to their professions.

Did you even read what I wrote brah? All my smiths have all smithing labors enabled.
well that's just downright inefficient.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 03:59:57 pm »

On the contrary it's quite reliablesmith.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 09:38:29 pm »

On the contrary it's quite reliablesmith.
^
This is totally sig worthy material

+1, also sig worthy material.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 01:07:05 am »

Well now I feel somewhat less weird about thinking of myself as the Crustsmith at work, after mastering (and turning out to be the only one that can correctly do) a tricky kind of pizza crust.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 01:53:58 pm »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 02:20:51 pm »

Well now I feel somewhat less weird about thinking of myself as the Crustsmith at work, after mastering (and turning out to be the only one that can correctly do) a tricky kind of pizza crust.
Hmm..I don't actually make anything at work (except money for my employers.) As a salesman, do I get to be a wordsmith, or am I a salesmith?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 02:27:10 pm »

Hmm..I don't actually make anything at work (except money for my employers.) As a salesman, do I get to be a wordsmith, or am I a salesmith?
A salesman is basically a diplomat, so you would be a wordsmith... I think.
I don't know, I'm just a foodsmith.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 03:07:09 pm »

Dont forget the 'wrights.  Cartwrights, plowrights, millwrights, etc.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2013, 03:31:33 pm »

You're the broker.  Are you usually On Break when customers arrive?
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3