Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: recurring thoughts for story plots  (Read 920 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
recurring thoughts for story plots
« on: May 09, 2013, 10:55:38 pm »

(Look, a poet and didn't know it! Erhm.. anyway...)

I often am struck with recurring thoughts for story plots that simply refuse to be silenced. Since I am not really the best at writing, and because I deeply feel that all stories and forms of art should be shared, and through that sharing, receive life independent of the artist or author that created them, i'd like to start this thread.

This is meant to be a place to put down the basic germs of stories, characters, and worlds that come unbidden into the imagination, and refuse to die quietly when one wakes up. The kind that want to live, but can't, for one reason or another. (And there are many such reasons.)

Due to the way the modern world works, sharing these primordial essences of creation is dangerous and fraught with risks and legal obstacles, so we need to set some simple rules.

1) all ideas, character references, and artwork in here has to be CC licensed, in some fashion.
2) All ideas must either come from this thread itself, or be wholly original. (Eg, no fanfics, or worlds created by people who clearly don't want to share them with others by releasing them into the world.)

To get the ball rolling, here's some story plot and world germs I have afflicting my subconcous mind, that I don't mind sharing with others to play with, or make into their own in some fashion.

[Untitled world #1]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[End untiled world #1]

OK, now, somebody else's turn!

Either put something that gnaws at the back of your mind, demanding to be let out, or pick up an idea posted, and cross pollenate with it.

Remember, all contributions need to be implied creative commons licensed, per the rules.

*really big wall-o-text wrapped in protective spoilerite

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 11:52:30 pm by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: recurring thoughts for story plots
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 11:55:36 pm »

This thread is meant for external feedback as well as "show and tell", so don't be shy.

The idea is to put ideas out here that for whatever reason, the person who had them is somehow unable to give them the life they cry out for, so that somebody else can adopt them, and make them their own.

(That means if you are writing a story yourself, feel free to borrow, or if you are making a game, feel free to steal, etc. Just obey the CC license rule.)

*has 2 other, less developed story germs as well, but won't share them until somebody at least replies. :P (lol)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:04:01 am by wierd »