Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Maklak's Crop Table data script  (Read 3719 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maklak's Crop Table data script
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 09:14:41 am »

> Is there any third-party program that needs to be installed to run this script, like perl or python?
It works with just basic perl 5.6 (yes, it is that backwards compatible), no extra CPAN stuff required. Of course if someone really wanted to, it could be ported to any other scripting language with lists/arrays, hashes and regular expressions.

> It looks all very awesome, especially when I think about slightly altering the code afterwards to read out creatures and items as well  I could add so much more info to the manual this way, and all in compressed form.
Well, it is less awesome than I wanted it to be, especially the part that colours the table is pretty dirty. The general idea was indeed having the script perform the tedious work, then editing the table and writing a crop manual for FoE, once it updates it's plants.

I plan on making an animal script based on the functions from this script as well and if you fork it and publish that fork, I may backport some changes.

Anyway, this is taking too long :( I just need to motivate myself for one more day before I'm ready to release, but I haven't for a week now. I'm working on and off on it and am now going on vacation.

> I'd think it would be best to post the current script as is, so that the work on it doesn't get lost, if you decide not to continue it.
No worries, if I stop for a while, I'll publish it anyway. Today I got wiki output to kinda work, but you can paste html code into wiki too, so I guess, I'll move on to what's left when I get the time: finalising options, hints and colouring and code cleanup.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:38:10 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 09:42:43 am »

As long as slow and steady progress is done, everything is fine. I'd guess that this script would be great for all kinds of modders, so its not just Masterwork. Maybe some of them know perl and can finish it, if you really cant find the motivation.

I'd think it would be best to post the current script as is, so that the work on it doesnt get lost, if you decide not to continue it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 08:21:39 am »

Published v1.0 and made a new thread for it: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126953
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 [2]