Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll To Be Someone Else Fight Tournament: Round 3: Fight...?  (Read 5792 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Putting up a little RTD lite based on a fun idea I had. The spaceship manufacturing game isn't dead, I will update it today or tomorrow, upon my dubious honor as someone who reliably meets deadlines.

THE PREMISE

You have by whatever circumstances, been entered in the ULTIMATE PAN-UNIVERSAL FIGHT TOURNAMENT. This is a fight in which various beings are put into an arena* and must fight to the death. The fight is over when half of the entrants are dead. Those surviving continue to the next round.

But there's a TWIST: Your souls and bodies will be randomly switched around before the fight. You might find yourself, for better or for worse, in the body of any of the entrants. If you die in this form, you are still quite dead.

HOW TO ENTER

Simply say that you are IN, and you are in. I will attempt to accommodate all comers, which is why I will be keeping this game simple. You must also post a character, which you may find yourself controlling but more likely will end up being an opponent.

There are some rules regarding characters you may create:
-All characters must be sentient or semi-sentient.
-All characters must have some means of locomotion, equal or greater to Stephen Hawking, or be able to fight while stationary.
-Characters may have ONE weapon, and ONE utility item or armor. A multi-function item (such as a fighter-jet, which flies and has weapons built in) counts as both.
-Characters must be smaller than the moon.
-Characters may NOT be capable of: Time travel, inter-planar travel, destroying the universe.
-No duplicate characters.

Examples of valid characters include: Superman, Chuck Norris, a three-legged cat, a sentient monster truck.
Examples of invalid characters: A sea anemone, abrahamic God/YHWH, the concept of Pessimism, a dead body.

Lastly, try to keep characters relatively simple and don't write a whole ton. They're going to die.

THE RULES

Once enough of you have made characters, I will randomly assign a character to each of you and describe the upcoming fight in more detail. You will say how you intend to go about fighting and/or who you intend to target. There is no numeric system for the fights, except the standard Roll To Dodge rules for actions. Characters are considered to be dead when they are actually dead, or no longer meet the requirements of being sentient and capable of perpetrating their will (for example, if a sentient car had its gas line cut, even though it's not "dead"). The fight ends when half the characters are dead, which will always be one post from me (you won't get another action during the fight). The fight might also end when all the characters are dead.

After a fight, we will go through the old process of making characters to replace the ones who died. Characters surviving will be used in the next fight, but players will be shuffled again; if you survive, you'll still end up with a different character next time. I will keep track of the number of fights players have survived.

Get started making characters, everybody!

Spoiler: Surviving Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player Scores (click to show/hide)

*Anywhere.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:38:41 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Be Someone Else Fight Tournament: Create The Characters
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 08:18:03 pm »

In

Kyle Johnson an up and coming mage that is currently in comfortable clothes and has his favorite knife on hand.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 08:21:54 pm »

*character in a bit*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 08:31:04 pm »

IN.

Jade Harley is a quirky 13-year old girl, equipped with her favourite Hunting Rifle, and a pair of glasses that let her see across every universal and trans-dimensional plane.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:37:03 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 08:34:16 pm »

Ohohoho... Looks fun.
In, if you please!

Vander Allens
Weapon: Crossbow, with a variety of specialized bolts.
Armor/Utility: Recon Officer Uniform, not very protective, but designed for stealth and includes a light grappling hook mechanism installed to make scaling buildings/cliffs/what-have-you far easier. Also, includes one classy as hell hat.
Bio: A veteran reconnaissance officer for the glorious military of [insert-generic-fantasy-land-here] with a long list of achievements and quite a bit of pride due to said achievements.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:14:10 pm by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 08:49:44 pm »

Electric Man is the winner of the Voltagen Tournament for the most powerful fighters in the universe, using his electricity powers, agility, and Matrix-like fighting moves to annihilate his opponents!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:58:03 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 08:56:26 pm »

I'll be in, just give me a sec...

Doc Lionel is a classic mustache-twirling villain, who never goes anywhere without incredible amounts of dynamite and his bulletproof tailcoat.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 11:58:42 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 09:20:51 pm »

In, as Tom Bombadil.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 09:53:18 pm »

Ooh, this sounds fun.

In, as a Hydra. Multiple personality syndrome galore, heads removed grow into two more, extremely toxic blood. Interestingly, over half the personalities are that of magical scholars, but others are no better than hungry beasts. Four legs, and a long tail. Has a wand (more of a magical 10 foot pole, because of scale) that it manages to grip in it's claws.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 11:06:46 pm »

I'll assign characters in half an hour.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 11:12:40 pm »

Here's hoping to be a giant lizard!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 11:17:30 pm »

Poundatron is some manner of explosive mobile artillery Transformer. He's a Decepticon, naturally, and his armor plating and obvious armaments count as his items.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 11:18:56 pm »

Poundatron is some manner of explosive mobile artillery Transformer. He's a Decepticon, naturally, and his armor plating and obvious armaments count as his items.
Speaking of which, I just found a picture of Optimus Prime with a Green Lantern ring.
I know what my next (created) character is going to be.
Sig! Onol

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 11:51:53 pm »

Speaking of which, I just found a picture of Optimus Prime with a Green Lantern ring.
I know what my next (created) character is going to be.

I've seen that picture. Very, very awesome.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 12:09:52 am »

Round 1: FIGHT!

ARENA: A Level Playing Field
You find yourself standing somewhere on the green, artificial grass of a large sports field, resembling a football field but circular, about 75 yards in diameter. There are white markings on the ground, which don't pertain to any sport you're familiar with and near as you can tell resemble crop circles. There are tall bleachers all around the field, which are devoid of people. There's a few large screens around the stadium, which say PAN-UNIVERSAL FIGHT TOURNAMENT in many languages, some of which you don't recognize. There are numerous basketball-sized hovering robots with cameras, floating above and near you.

YOU ARE:

kj1225: You are Jade Harley, a young, scientifically minded and somewhat spazzy girl. Your shirt keeps changing pictures, for some reason. You have a hunting rifle and glasses that let you see the invisible, or dimensional travelers, though there doesn't appear to be anything hiding from you here.

Greenstarfanatic: You are a gigantic hydra with schizophrenia. Each of your many heads has its own opinions, ranging from "Do we truly have free will?" to "MEAT." It feels quite crowded in a way you've never experienced before. You also have a magical staff.

SomeStupidGuy: What luck! You got your own body. You are Vander Allens, blah blah blah crossbow grappling hook. You know this already.

Xantalos: You are Tom Bombadil. You are a ward of the ancient forests, and you have a love for feeling the green grass and forest undergrowth under your bare feet... and damn, do you hate astroturf. Normally you could bend plants to your will, but this field seems pretty sterile.

GreatWyrmGold: You are Electric Man, master of the Voltagen Tournament. You have amazingly powerful ninja skills which feel like slow motion to use, as well as electric powers to shock your opponents.

flabort: You are Poundatron. You're an evil, heavily armored robot with HUGE GUNS built directly into your body. You would probably attack all these guys even if you weren't in a fight tournament of some kind.

IronyOwl: You are Kyle Johnson, a 'Modern Mage' of moderate power. You are currently wielding your knife, but your magic powers are your real weapon.

For the fight to end, at least four of you must die. Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8