Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43

Author Topic: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: The End  (Read 57993 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Creature Stage: Junglis
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2013, 05:46:05 pm »

Agreed
It's FEF, not FEOF

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2013, 06:25:58 pm »

For now, I'd prioritize legs. We can become taller quickly to reach plants, and the speed bonus given by non-leg parts is negligible. Legs are relevant into the tribal stage, and become quite relevant once more in the space stage (if we use GA).

I also say, once more, don't waste points on eyes, they cease to become relevant once we hit tribal and without them, the creature screenshots look cooler.

I agree on not having orange complexity when we get to tribal, as outfit parts in tribal do have stats, but unless we go crazy with parts it shouldn't be a problem.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2013, 06:58:17 pm »

Alright...let's try this.

QUESTIONS
1. How many legs should we add right now? [0-3]
2. How many arms should we add right now? [0-3]
3. Should we add wings? [0-1]
4. Should we switch to a more erect stance? [0-1]
5. Are there any ideas I missed that I should get in a further round of updates? [0-1]

Remember, 0 is no and 1 is yes!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2013, 07:01:12 pm »

2.Could decide
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2013, 07:17:56 pm »

2.3, if we have enough DNA after legs
3.0 not yet

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2013, 07:39:53 pm »

5.No answer at this time
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2013, 08:44:03 pm »

So, after a bit over an hour and a half, we have 3 legs ans 2 arms. This brings up a couple new questions:

1. How shall the legs be arranged? (I only have enough for 2 "pairs," keep this in mind.)
2. How about the arms, where do they go?
3. We have 37 DNA left over after that. That's enough for a basic part, like Antisoptera or Butterbib; if we got rid of the Flagellum or Spike, we could get two. (Actually, we could also sell the Filter-Feeder Mouth and buy a new one, and another part, but I don't think you'd want that.) Or...we could not spend the 37 DNA.
4. Color scheme?
5. Is the name "Muffin" fine with you all?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2013, 09:11:40 pm »

Here's how we save money:

Get 2 pairs of legs

Put 1 pair in front or back for tripod configuration.

Put the other in the center, but use asymmetry to move the unneeded leg from that pair up and use it as an arm. Of course, you'd have to buy a hand, but it's cheaper than buying a whole pair of arms.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2013, 09:17:32 pm »

Good, except we're getting 2 arms.
Sig

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2013, 09:21:48 pm »

I don't know why we even needed a vote for some of these options.

If we are going peaceful there is no choice you NEEED legs and you NEED arms... Legs have the very important "Dance" and Arms have... I forget.

It is why Peaceful coexistence route in Creature phase is so hard, it relies so strictly on the body parts you collect.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2013, 09:23:04 pm »

Alright...let's try this.

QUESTIONS
1. How many legs should we add right now? [0-3]
2. How many arms should we add right now? [0-3]
3. Should we add wings? [0-1]
4. Should we switch to a more erect stance? [0-1]
5. Are there any ideas I missed that I should get in a further round of updates? [0-1]

Remember, 0 is no and 1 is yes!
0 legs
1 arm
1 wings
0 hoverbug
5 very never ever get legs nor lose our cellular stuff.
So, after a bit over an hour and a half, we have 3 legs ans 2 arms. This brings up a couple new questions:

1. How shall the legs be arranged? (I only have enough for 2 "pairs," keep this in mind.)
2. How about the arms, where do they go?
3. We have 37 DNA left over after that. That's enough for a basic part, like Antisoptera or Butterbib; if we got rid of the Flagellum or Spike, we could get two. (Actually, we could also sell the Filter-Feeder Mouth and buy a new one, and another part, but I don't think you'd want that.) Or...we could not spend the 37 DNA.
4. Color scheme?
5. Is the name "Muffin" fine with you all?
1. no legs!!!
2. 1 arm, under the body
3. more wings!
4. Yellow, purple, and pink. with speckles and highlights.
5. Well RAM would go with Finfum, but Muffin works in an emergency.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2013, 09:42:25 pm »

If we are going peaceful there is no choice you NEEED legs and you NEED arms... Legs have the very important "Dance" and Arms have... I forget.
Pose.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn Muffin 1 [7]
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2013, 04:17:02 pm »

"Welcome back to The Evolution of Us, hosted by me, Inetaig. When we left off, Junglis had just begun to make one of its characteristic evolutionary leaps. Spurred onward by ingesting the limby DNA of the Ctheux, they promptly grew five. The new creatures were much more mobile than their ancestors, among other differences. They became...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"...Muffins.

"Muffins were, among other things, excellent parents. They had a primitive language based on electrical discharges, and used this to communicate all kinds of knowledge--in addition to teaching by example, of course."
"When they reach adulthood, Muffins bond into pairs..."
"...and then go off wandering the landscape, planning to make a nest sooner or later. Often, they pick up some friends along the way."
"And here's a creature which the Muffins ran into a lot..."

-----

Somehow, probably due to me leaving the game running overnight (albeit in the Creator!), the game added up to 14 billion years that we've been existing! I'm going to stop leaving the game running (if I remember) and just pretend that's the age of the universe, and that the actual species's age is about 12.5 billion years less.

Anyways, Let's get down to business. We ran into Scraps. I don't like leaving known, ignored nests if I can avoid it, so I want to do something. As it so happens, if we decide that that "something" is to kill them, we have an advantage; if we decide that we should befriend them, we are at a disadvantage. Which shall we do?
Sig

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Creature Stage: Muffin
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2013, 04:32:23 pm »

I can't decide if our creature is ugly or cute. Not so much the adults but that baby.

If we can't befriend them, kill them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Creature Stage: Muffin
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2013, 06:09:09 pm »

This is annoying.

I'm playing on that other planet and started to kill an epic at my nest (one of those Neonivekian creatures--Bite 1 as its only combat skill, looks like a fat humanoid frog). I started to get hungry, so I found a fruit-bush...and somehow, the Godzilla managed to sneak off.
Then I noticed a more dangerous epic (an Epic Gold Dragon!) approaching, and started to attack it. Before long, I started to starve (my pack- and nest-mates were feeding, and it was surprisingly tough to find food when being attacked by a buidling-sized frogman), and so went to get food. That one snuck off, too.

I managed to lose two epics, within a couple minutes!
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43