Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Legend of Hiberis  (Read 20770 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
The Legend of Hiberis
« on: May 10, 2013, 01:30:40 am »

Four unlikely heroes find themselves drawn together in this world-spanning epic set in a fantasy world. This will truly be a game to remember. Pure roleplay. No game mechanics. No dice. Just narrative.

- The Son of the Blacksmith -
The youngest of the heroes. Brash and impulsive, his life is one without direction. His great talent for metal working and swordplay is wasted, as he instead chooses to spend his time sleeping in the forest, away from the nagging voices of his elders.

Wields his father's iron sword. Masterfully crafted, yet simple and without decoration.

- The Wise Nomad -
The foreigner, a wanderer who finds himself in a very strange land. He saw the signs first, and comes from afar to see the journey safely to its end. Little does he know that his destiny is much more closely intertwined with his fellow adventurers than he may have thought.

Carries his long stave, carved from the gnarled husk of a Jinso tree. His command of martial arts is nigh unmatched, though he rarely takes advantage of this as he believes hand fighting to be degrading.

- The Concerned Alchemist -
Brilliant, though his intelligence is held back by his very own esteem. The remedies he creates never see the light of day as he continually seeks more effective ingredients.

Creates powerful concoctions from everyday ingredients. Defends himself using homemade explosives. Has a certain distaste for conventional weaponry.

- The Retired Buccaneer -
Convinced of his own obsolescence, he wallows in grief at the loss of all he once had. Out of the wings of his self-pity comes the very salvation that he so craves.

His trusty old grappling hook is all he needs in a fight, and its certainly gotten him out of many a jam. Despite his middle-age his acrobatic skills have not dulled in the slightest, and he can still snatch an arrow from thin air, even while he's blind stinking drunk, which is most of the time.

---

There will only be four players. NO WAITLIST. We will choose the four players from a list of those who voice their interest on this thread. More information will become available as my Co-GM 'mentallama' and I compile our data.

Applicants
The Blacksmith - Powder Miner

The Nomad - scapheap

The Alchemist - Gamerlord

The Buccaneer - Xantalos
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:07:04 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Hiberis
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 01:31:17 am »

In as the Wise Nomad. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 01:31:32 am »

Reserved.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 02:51:00 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 01:31:49 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 01:33:12 am »

sunna' a blacksmith.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 01:42:26 am »

Retired buccaneer bro.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 01:43:30 am »

Tentatively in as the Concerned Alchemist.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 01:47:19 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 01:48:50 am »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 01:49:56 am »

I would join, but I don't dislike anyone enough to fight for a place so I'll just watch.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 01:50:40 am »

Any questions you have about the game, ask them, please. We have the whole thing down on paper we're just triple-checking the details and seeing if there is anything else we could have missed.

EDIT: Well there won't be any fighting for spots, since I'm just going to hand pick the lucky winners.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 01:51:31 am »

Also, apologies if I delay the game but I have to sleep now.
So ... I can't act in the next 8-9 hours. Sorry! :P
Questions? ... Setting?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 01:51:57 am »

How about the basics: Will this be like a suggestion game? Will dice be involved? Is this pure roleplay with no actual game mechanics? Stuff like that. That's why I'm only tentatively in.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 02:00:49 am »

EDIT: Well there won't be any fighting for spots, since I'm just going to hand pick the lucky winners.
Okay in for Son of the Blacksmith
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 02:11:40 am »

How about the basics: Will this be like a suggestion game? Will dice be involved? Is this pure roleplay with no actual game mechanics? Stuff like that. That's why I'm only tentatively in.
Pure role play with no game mechanics. No there will be no dice or stats.

Also, apologies if I delay the game but I have to sleep now.
So ... I can't act in the next 8-9 hours. Sorry! :P
Questions? ... Setting?
There's still a lot of information I need to collect and go over so it will at least be another few days until I can finish getting everything up. If everything goes according to plan we shouldn't be starting for about two weeks. Check the OP once in a while for new info. I've already added a bunch of new stuff.

I don't want to reveal too much about the plot. My Co-GM is already working on the intros for each character.

Its set in a fantasy world. The blacksmith lives in a small, lush kingdom. There's only one castle, a couple farms and a single outlying village, so you could say its quiet. The king doesn't even have a standing army, just a personal guards and town watchmen to keep the beasts away, and hardly anyone ever tells people what to do. Elders mostly handle local affairs and the king just makes sure everyone gets fed each year. Its the only settlement in the game. The rest of the world is wilderness, and most people don't even know whats in the small forest surrounding the kingdom.

The rest you'll find out later.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 02:13:43 am by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: [1] 2 3