Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update to V.3a - 10/05/13 - Bugfixes, NanoFortress and more GUI options.  (Read 3061 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

MasterworkDF v.3a

Notes: This is more a bugfix update then anything else. No new features in the game itself, besides an update for the Orc plugin. I did however fix many bugs, made a little test for a new stockpiling system, updated the manual a bit more, added a new utility and added some more options into the GUI.

New Tileset - Alpha stage
 - For people that want to test it, I made this new tileset based on Phoebus.
 - If you want to use it, just download the .png and move it inot your dwarffortress/data/art folder and replace the old Phoebus version.
 - Download

Spoiler: Preview (click to show/hide)

GUI
 - Added button: Less gem shapes, reduces all to: [STONE_SHAPE:OVAL_CABOCHON] [GEM_SHAPE:OVAL_CABOCHON]
 - Added button: Fear the Night, toggles extra nightcreatures, vampires, necromancers, werebeasts and curses.
 - Made the donations thing a bit prettier and added a link directly to Tarn Adams donate page as well.
 - Added dfinit and nanofortress buttons to the bottom menu bar, to the other utilities.
 - Added button: Simple Wood. You can now toggle standardized wood/wood names. *
 - *This also changes your timberyard and sawmill reactions to accept any wood. Be careful, you can waste ironbark, steeloak, fungiwood or netherwood by cutting it into wooden planks/smooth wood.
 - *This only applies of you play with normal wood names. If you play with standardized wood, which is the default, everything stays as it was before.

Utilities
 - Added NanoFortress, allows you to embark on a 1x1 tile fortress.
 - Updated falconnes plugins, stock.dll and mousequery.dll
 - Check out the mouse support thread/readme.

Orc Fortress
 - Updated to 1.32

Balancing & Bugfixes
 - Fixed chaos dwarv (evil twin) bodies. Thanks smake.
 - Added brazier and candelabra tile to ironhand tileset.
 - Fixed Ironhand track tiles
 - Renamed book to empty book and textbooks to notebooks. That might clear up some confusion in the library system.
 - Basic idea: You take an empty book and write stuff from essays into it => You get a tome.
 - You take your tome to read and a notebook to make notes in => You study a topic. This gives Exp.
 - Same system as before, I only changed the names to make it clearer.
 - Paper, Vellum and Papyrus is now called "(library supplies)paper/vellum/papyrus" and can be easier selected in any stockpile
 - Use stockpile: finished goods, stone materials, library supplies.
 - Books, essays, notebooks and times are now called "(library goods)books/essays/notebooks/tomes" and can be easier selected in any stockpile.
 - Use stockpile: finished goods, stone materials, library goods.
 - Reduced amount of seeds from ironbark/steeloak you get in the Timberyard.
 - Added specific reactions for brazier and candelabra to the craftsdwarf.
 - Changelings die now from one hit. (they were unkillable in the last version)
 - Removed orchid and treant seeds, since they dont have a reaction anymore.
 - Removed "design bifrost forge blueprint", since the building does no longer exist.
 - Added missing topic "Farming" to the library system. People can now study farming.
 - Added worker_only to guild transformation, to avoid babies being transformed into guild members when the mother runs the reaction.
 - Fixed tanning for sheared materials, like leatherwing bat skin or drakescales. The sheared amounts now always give 1 leather/scaleplate.
 - The Sawmill can now break down 34 different wooden objects into scrap logs. Have a wooden bed or cage too much? Break it down, get a scrap log.
 - Fixed training reactions for apothecary, they had the wrong building ID.
 - Went through all the embark profiles and retrofitted the skills to fit the new skills/labors.
 - Added graphics for activated golems. (they need 2 graphic files, because the inactive and active golems are different creatures)
 - Fixed "Make concrete from slag and ash" creating too many concrete blocks.
 - Added chromium and titan reactions back to crucible
 - Made grinding of rocks for base materials and grinding rocks to sand cheaper (10 to 3 and 2 to 1) to better meet the new balancing of dropped boulders.
 - Fixed several entries in the manual to meet the ingame changes.
 - Added a note to the manual about category titles.
 - Fixed case sensivtive link in the manual, for linux. (MasterworkDwarfFortress vs masterworkdwarffortress)

Stockpilling for library goods, a little test, see if this makes it easier:

And because I felt that this feature is vastly underused: You can build the category titles as workshops. They will spell out the word, which makes labeling areas ingame possible. Probably most useful in succession forts. I also added this to the manual.

Have fun. :) This will be the last update for probably quite some time. Please keep posting feedback in the forums, but dont write me any PMs and expect a quick answer. I'll be far away. ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:47:31 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Actually, now that I think of it, there are two new features, if you want to call them that.

- The Apothecary now has training reactions for medical skills. Slower then the library, but more accessable.
 - The Sawmill can now break down 34 different wooden objects into scrap logs. Have a wooden bed or cage too much? Break it down, get a scrap log.

This will be the last update in a while. I am not here anymore for the next months, so no updates for this in the meantime. You can still post feedback/reports in the thread. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:13:07 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And because I felt that this feature is vastly underused: You can build the category titles as workshops. They will spell out the word, which makes labeling areas ingame possible. Probably most useful in succession forts. I also added this to the manual.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Interesting. I like it.