Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Modern Magic (D&D 4E) - We're Going!  (Read 35700 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Magic (D&D 4E) - We're Going!
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2013, 08:30:33 pm »

Weston watched the developing argument with interest. It was difficult to tell from here, but if the slurred speech was anything to go by someone tried and failed to steal from a drunk guy. Weston could sympathize with the pickpocket - he'd been in that situation once or twice! - but it didn't look like it'd be wise to get involved. Nevertheless, he moved closer to the drunk and the shady guy, without saying anything.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2013, 08:39:13 pm »

Kyle looks around for any weapon he could grab covertly. "I wasn't in your pocket! Sir, this is an outrage! I simply walk over here to grab a drink and then you start yelling at me!" And he goes on like that until the other man either believes him or interrupts him. Kyle looks for a weapon and starts to bluff the guy into believing he was wrong. Continue to ignore lawful good guy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:48:05 pm by kj1225 »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2013, 08:40:10 pm »

Related.

Your familiar, it defies explanation.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2013, 08:44:14 pm »

By the way, that roll was rubbish. Great way to get through the introduction period! But still that roll sucked.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2013, 08:48:37 pm »

By the way, that roll was rubbish. Great way to get through the introduction period! But still that roll sucked.

I actually rolled twice for that, and got a 4 both times. And I just now realized I put the raw roll in the post, instead of the roll + thievery score that I used to calculate whether or not it would work. Fixing that now.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2013, 08:49:59 pm »

Joe turns up at the bar to wash down his luck, humming the previous song under his breath. He notices the argument.
Hey, dahn't be fighting, it disturbs the zen of this magical place, mahn. Can't we ahll just get alahng, instead of disturbing the good vahbrations like this?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2013, 08:55:24 pm »

Related.

Your familiar, it defies explanation.
Bahahahaha! Now I'm half-tempted to retcon Honor as cyan instead of golden-brown. I won't, though.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2013, 09:00:51 pm »

I actually rolled twice for that, and got a 4 both times. And I just now realized I put the raw roll in the post, instead of the roll + thievery score that I used to calculate whether or not it would work. Fixing that now.

You know, my face turned into the face of a demon of rage for a second there.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2013, 09:22:34 pm »

You know, my face turned into the face of a demon of rage for a second there.

Nonono, I did the calculation right, but messed up when typing up the post.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2013, 10:17:38 pm »

"Blackouts, huh? Hmm..."

Just as he was about to ask someone for more information, he hears a commotion coming from a drunk and a shady looking human, who was holding a wallet that definitely didn't seem like his own. He waited eagerly, hoping for a bar fight to break out (those were always fun!).

Ask the bartender about these blackouts and prepare for a fun time in a bar fight, if one should break out.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2013, 11:10:15 pm »

Update The Third (I have got to think of a better title style)

Thymu approaches the drunkard and the shady guy.

"What's going on here?"

"Nun o' yer bizness - dis guy's tryin'a take mah wallet!"

Weston moved closer to the drunk and the shady guy, without saying anything.

Kyle looks for a weapon and starts to bluff the guy into believing he was wrong. Continue to ignore lawful good guy.

You put your hand on the handle of the blade you always keep under your jacket, just in case, but you try to talk the guy out of a fight first.

Bluff: 24 You quickly pass the blame onto the guy sitting next to the drunkard, claiming you caught him and was trying to give the wallet back. He starts wailing on the other guy. You smirk contentedly, now 5 gold richer.

Joe: "Hey, dahn't be fighting, it disturbs the zen of this magical place, mahn. Can't we ahll just get alahng, instead of disturbing the good vahbrations like this?"

The drunkard ignores your objection and continues flailing drunkenly at his neighbor.

Fargrim: Ask the bartender about these blackouts and prepare for a fun time in a bar fight, if one should break out.

"I'll talk to you later about the blackouts. I've got to deal with these two, first. HEY, KNOCK IT OFF! NO FIGHTING IN MY BAR!"

You pull out your sling and prepare to launch some pellets at anyone who tries to attack you.

The bartender pulls the two men apart, making the drunkard angrier. The rest of the bar patrons clear out, leaving you five, the bartender, and the drunkard. He yells at the top of his lungs, "I'LL TAKE ON ALL Y'ALL!"

Initiative rolls:
Kyle: 22
Joe: 19
Thymu: 15
Weston: 14, 17
Bartender: 14, 7
Drunkard: 12
Fargrim: 4

I'll update in a few minutes with an image of the combat grid, and start taking combat actions then.

Spoiler: HD Battle Grid (click to show/hide)

kj1225, Remuthra, GWG, and Sirus can go ahead and submit their battle actions, since they're all before the drunkard. Sorry Zako, but you'll have to wait until after I update with the drunkard's move to submit.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:12:48 am by Mego »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2013, 11:12:27 pm »

Oh, yeah! Go me!  8)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2013, 12:06:43 am »

Hold up, I'm confused. Why does Weston have two numbers, and how come I'm going after the drunkard if I got a higher number?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2013, 12:12:26 am »

Hold up, I'm confused. Why does Weston have two numbers, and how come I'm going after the drunkard if I got a higher number?

Whoops, wrong name in the last bit. It should be Zako that goes last. And you have 2 numbers because you had to roll-off against the bartender.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2013, 12:18:48 am »

Well, what a shitty roll...

Before anyone actually does anything, I'm activating my power Speed of Thought, to move into a flanking position with the bartender. This is before initiative I think so he shouldn't get an OA on me, but even if he can, I can just move diagonally away from the drunkard and then back in again, so it's no problem.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35