Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to snap necks?  (Read 3680 times)

TimeTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • Stranglin' and Janglin'
    • View Profile
Is it possible to snap necks?
« on: May 19, 2013, 01:09:12 pm »

I know that I can grab throats to strangle, or arms to break bones, but I can't figure out how to break peoples necks. I really want to make a crazy ninja dude who sneak around unarmed and stuff. Any tips?
Prismo FTW.
Turtles Turtles.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to snap necks?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 02:58:18 pm »

Try posting this in modding, they can probably help.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:02:46 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 06:42:28 pm »

Necks don't break because they aren't joints, and only joints can be broken with wrestling. Don't take this as meaning your adventurer is doomed to walk this earth with no choice but a weapon though! Strangling until unconscious and then kicking their head in is a perfectly viable option for unarmed combat.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 09:18:46 pm »

Necks don't break because they aren't joints, and only joints can be broken with wrestling. Don't take this as meaning your adventurer is doomed to walk this earth with no choice but a weapon though! Strangling until unconscious and then kicking their head in is a perfectly viable option for unarmed combat.
Could he mod necks to *be* joints?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 09:30:36 pm »

Closest thing is to punch the victim in the head, tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue. Which is pretty much the same thing as breaking their neck. No way to reliably cause that to happen though.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 04:39:22 am »

You can pinch their neck, which if you're strong enough can cut clean through it. If not, it's fairly good chance of damaging their spine.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 08:27:40 am »

Strangling them works just fine. After they pass out, punch/slice/kick to their throaths/heads.

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 10:08:47 am »

With a bit of modding it is entirely possible to make necks breakable. I've done so myself some time ago, but forgot what exactly I did.
The victim won't just drop dead, though. They'll collapse, then crawl around trying to push you to death before eventually suffocating.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 08:06:36 pm »

If you wanna be an unarmed badass, why not grab their weaponarm and either break the hand joint or gain possession of the weapon with I and then throw it at them until they are mangled and broken. It's pretty viable too, since you're immediately removing their threat to you.

TimeTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • Stranglin' and Janglin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 08:52:48 pm »

I already just sneak up to people, strangle them, and punch/kick their heads in, lots of fun to be had with that tactic.
Prismo FTW.
Turtles Turtles.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 06:11:52 am »

keep the dagger you spawn with, strangle, then stab, not slash, right in the throat.  they'll bleed out.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 11:12:54 pm »

Add the highlighted text in body_default.txt:

[BODY:NECK]
   [BP:NECK:upper spine:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][NERVOUS][INTERNAL][SMALL][SKELETON][CONNECTOR][JOINT][CATEGORY:SPINE]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]

This allows you to grab the head, lock the joint, and snap the neck.