Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [LINUX] General Help and Bug Reports (v3a.3)  (Read 6174 times)

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[LINUX] General Help and Bug Reports (v3a.3)
« on: May 15, 2013, 03:35:20 pm »

This thread is for the Linux version of Masterwork DF. If you have any questions or bugs to report regarding the Linux version, post them here. Remember to include version you are working with.
Remember to visit the Linux page on the Masterwork Wiki for more information:

F.A.Q.

How do I install this mod?
Spoiler: Answer (click to show/hide)

How do I open utility X?

I have a bug to report!

Some useful links for the Linux version and Masterwork DF in general:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:53:11 pm by jellsprout »
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [LINUX] General Help and Bug Reports (v3a)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 03:41:58 pm »

The download has been updated to version 3a. Aside from the changes brought by that version, I have also implemented some bug fixes for the Dwarves:

-Fixed the itemsyndrome script to the [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ALL] tag to work
-Fixed the output of the rock grinding reaction
-Allowed Bifrost bars to be forged
-Fixed the female Jeweler guild interaction
-Fixed the [SYN_CLASS:\ tags
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

oggimog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 02:24:12 am »

Hi,
Great Idea, making a new threat :). I did not even notice the errors.

Did anyone make a dwarftherapist gridview? I'm doing one right now, the only thing is I don't really know how to correct the Roles.

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 02:02:11 am »

as this affects mostly linux i'll post it here too:
skillnames patcher
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [LINUX] General Help and Bug Reports (v3a.2)
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 06:18:59 am »

I uploaded v3a.2. All I have done was run the skillname patcher, which you can easily do yourself. So it is not necessary to download this if you already have v3a.
I have also left the original executable in if you need it.

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 09:49:52 am »

jellsprout, have you fixed the slag and crate reactions in this version? might be helpful, as it seems to be a linux problem

also: you can put soundsense in the package too, it's a .jar so you can run it with linux (i'm using it frequently)

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 11:41:28 am »

No, not yet. I first want to find out exactly what caused Urmane's problem (here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125638.msg4271888#msg4271888) before I upload a new version. And while the crates should be easy to fix, the slag problem will be more difficult.
There are two different types of slag: slag bars, which are created through the vanilla smelting reactions and are considered metal bars, and massive slag bars, which are created through the modded reactions and are considered tools. The metal slag bars need a reagent quantity of 150 to fully be used up, while the massive slag tools only have a quantity of 1. So if I set the reagent quantity to 150, you will need 150 massive slag bars for each reaction, while if I leave the quantity at 1 the reaction needs to be run 150 times to use up each slag bar.
I could remove the massive slag bars, but because the metal slag bars are much lighter this makes the Linux version slightly easier. I could duplicate each reaction, once for the metal slag bars and one for the tool slag bars, but this will only complicate everything. Or I could add a simple automatic reaction which converts metal slag bars to massive slag bars.
Each of these options alters the Masterwork experience, but I'm afraid that is unavoidable. I personally lean towards the first option. It has the smallest impact on the gameplay.

I think SoundSense is already included (./MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/soundSense). It includes both a .sh and a .jar file, so it should work on Linux.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 11:48:41 am »

I could duplicate each reaction, once for the metal slag bars and one for the tool slag bars, but this will only complicate everything.

This is the easiest option, one uses 150 bar, the other 1 tool. Destroy slag, Destroy massive slag... the question remains: Why does this bug show in the first place? I cant replicate it...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 12:30:52 pm »

yes, an additional reaction should do - and imo you needn't copy all reactions, only the one for destroying, the rest can use the bars

I think SoundSense is already included (./MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/soundSense). It includes both a .sh and a .jar file, so it should work on Linux.
sry, i didn't check the download, just read in the op, that you only ported dfhack and dt

... I cant replicate it...
did you try it with the linux executable?

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 12:39:25 pm »

I could duplicate each reaction, once for the metal slag bars and one for the tool slag bars, but this will only complicate everything.

This is the easiest option, one uses 150 bar, the other 1 tool. Destroy slag, Destroy massive slag... the question remains: Why does this bug show in the first place? I cant replicate it...

This is a difference between the Windows and Linux versions of Dwarf Fortress itself. If you have a reactions which requires a bar as reagent with quantity 1, in Windows Dwarf Fortress the reactions uses up the entire bar, while in Linux Dwarf Fortress the reaction uses up only 150th of the bar. I actually didn't know this myself, I found it out yesterday when I tried the crate bug on Windows and it turned out to work perfectly. I don't know how this works on Mac.

oggimog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 12:14:27 pm »

Hi, did you test dwarftherapist with this version? I tried it and now dwarftherapist doesn't recognize the dwarf-fortress version any more.

I uploaded v3a.2. All I have done was run the skillname patcher, which you can easily do yourself. So it is not necessary to download this if you already have v3a.
I have also left the original executable in if you need it.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 02:58:15 pm »

You are right, DT doesn't recognize the patched DF at the moment because the checksum has changed. This is easy to fix yourself.
In the map "./DwarfTherapist/bin/release/etc/memory_layouts/linux" you will find a file called "v034.11.ini". Copy this file. Rename the copy however you want and open it. In the second line you need to replace the checksum with "0x8f2a7980".
In the future if you have the same problems, Dwarf Therapist gives this checksum in the error message if it can't connect with Dwarf Fortress.

I'll fix this in v3a.3.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 07:15:12 am »

Edit: I tried several more worldgens but I couldn't recreate the problem, both with the original DF executable and with one modified with Leafar's script and template. Could you perhaps give more information if you used the patcher and what template file you used with it?

At the moment I just use the first plain v3 download.  I've got a 40Z waterfall into a major river on my site and want to play it out (seems to be pretty easy to reproduce the map, Garden of Gaia with End Year ==5, South part of the world map where you see a small river entering a major river), but with no waterwheels some of the shine is taken off, so I'm willing to be your guinea pig if you have suggestions.  I'll start by trying to replicate in the newest.

With that first v3 version, by the way, soundSense, stonesense and Dwarf Therapist work fine on linux.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 11:46:58 am »

I seem to be able to reproduce the crash consistently now. Apparently the game will only crash if you first save the embark and close and restart the game before reloading it. Now that I'm able to reproduce it, I can start looking what causes this crash. Hopefully it is just a single unimportant dfhack script that can be disabled without too much trouble.

Edit:
I found the faulty script. Removing autofixhandedness.rb from ./Dwarf Fortress./hack./scripts stops the crashing. I'm not sure what the script does, but it appears to prevent dwarves from equipping gauntlets to their wrong hand or something. I will try to find out some more information for now.

Edit2:
Apparently autofixhandedness.rb allows custom reactions to create proper left and right handed gloves. Pretty important, so it should be left in. Luckily I found out that it isn't just autofixhandedness.rb that causes the problems. Apparently it conflicts with the  ruby-autogen.rb version packed with MasterworkDF (located in ./hack/ruby). You can replace this file with the ruby-autogen.rb file found in the normal DFHack download and everything should work. I'm going to do some more testing for now and try to fix a few raw bugs, but I'll try to upload a new version later today.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:45:51 pm by jellsprout »

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 12:44:48 pm »

this script enables modders to create custom gauntlets/etc - or rather reactions to make them
afaik, usually that doesn't work, as the handedness (left/right) isn't applied correctly, making them unuseable
Pages: [1] 2