- updated Quickfort plans to the new edition of the community archive, then updated to v2.1 - /u/Spfifle is awesome
- added symlink from "Legends Viewer" folder to "User Generated Content" - just click link for legends
- now using symlinks: default location for user quickfort blueprints and .dfmap files (for Overseer) is in the User content folder, other locations must be copied to a new install manually. NB: symlinks may not work on Windows XP, please consider upgrading urgently; old methods (manual navigation) will continue to work
- upgraded the "copy data to new install" script to handle the new locations (it'll also work to move from old to new)
- updated the "move .dfmaps" script in the DF folder; goes to new folder and also gives short output if nothing is found
- upgraded the dfterm3 install script to handle XP (on which dfterm3 crashes)
- commented "start-dfterm3" out in dfhack.init - uncomment or call when you need it
- added soundsense script to dfhack.init for more useful gamelog info and sounds
- upgraded to version 18.3 of the LNP GUI - fixes the graphics issue in pack r50, 51; also other bugfixes
- removed a lot of stuff that was cluttering up the Dwarf Fortress folder...
- everything under LNP/extras was copied over; now renamed to LNP/useful
- I upgraded the legends exports processor so it now works entirely from a folder in LNP/utilities; deleted all related files from the DF folder and set it up as a utility. This is release v3.0
- keybinding for dfstatus changed from ctrl-I to ctrl-shift-I, to avoid conflict with default for 'gui/workflow status'
- upgraded script log-region, so it won't throw an error if you load legends or adventure mode
- added dfhack.init call "tweak patrol-duty" (military training does not give unhappy thoughts)
- fixed spelling in exportmaps
- new script "exportlegends", bound to shift-A. Exports the map/gen info, the legends XML, and all the detailed maps.
- removed script "processlegends", as it was always dodgy and now broken
- updated LNP GUI to v18.2; improvements to utilities pane and updated version info under help/about; .bat scripts can be run from the utilities pane (requested to fix broken dfterm3 implementation and allow the following)
- updated "__Process Legends Exports.bat"; now includes CharonM72's realistic map maker
and can be used as a utilty in the LNP GUI - awesome with Legends Viewer.
- fixed the keybinding context for copystock (alt-P works now)
- updated PerfectWorld to v1.7; better sliders and more precise volcano placement
- updated the LNP GUI to version 18, adds a few options along with tweaks and bugfixes
- removed the alt-M keybinding for DFHack plugin "dwarfmonitor prefs", you can still get to this from ctrl-F (for the stats); that and the alt-tab bug was causing issues when people went to the military.
- fixed broken aquifer toggling for Obsidian graphics
- updated Falconne's plugins to v0.42, adds autodump and automelt functions to stockpiles (like autotrade), changes some controls to avoid accidental triggering
- updated to dfstatus script to 1.02 and fixed keybinding
- Major Dwarf Therapist update to v21.2, heaps of bugfixes and a few good new features (see the changelog
- Windows LNP GUI updated to V17.2 - now shows which tileset is installed, utilities don't display file extensions, supports multiple DF installs (not included); also has customisable menus
- On this basis, the beta cross-platform GUI has been removed - it is not feature-competetive at this time. Back to just one GUI, and hopefully and end to confusion!
- Old LNP GUI updated to V17 (now keeps GUI settings when changing graphics packs, so no more resetting! May be new enough to get an antivirus warning for a while)
- Falconne's UI plugins updated to v0.41 (bugfix for rare crash on mass-melting items)
- corrected some out-of-date documentation on the map maker script
- Added 'dfstatus' script (gives stocks overview/snapshot, keybinding Ctrl-I)
- ASCII Square now uses the proper pillar tile (a capital 'O', instead of '||')
- renamed the two LNP GUIs for clarity
- fixed (I think) the issue with Jolly Bastion walls displaying wrong
- updated displayed version number of Phoebus Graphics, overdue since... r12, it looks like.
- ASCII Default tileset is now *really* default, copied without edits from the vanilla download. This means that it's settings are different to other packs.
- updated the data copying script a little (to handle SoundSense version change)
- updated Falconne's plugins to v0.40; many new features including melt from enhanced stocks screen
- updated Dwarf Therapist to version 20.7
- updated manual for Dwarf Therapist
- updated SoundSense to r43; now has a popup notification if you haven't downloaded the soundpack!
- fixed an issue loading ASCII graphics packs in the new launcher (configuration update)
- Updated Falconnes plugins to v0.37; Mousequery and Automaterial (now show construction / designation size), search works on workshop profiles screen
- Updated DFMon to v0.9, nearly out of beta now and includes documentation in the folder.
- fixed a bug with the stripcaged script
- The old LNP has been formally discontinued in favor of this pack, since it hasn't been updated in more than a year.
- Split old 'ASCII Default' graphics into 'default' and 'square' - the default had been changed to square, and was somewhat confusing.
- Updated Dwarf Therapist to v20.6.6
- Updated manual for Dwarf Therapist
- Added an iron anvil to the simple start embark profile
- Shuffled the online presentation of the pack around a bit
- Removed DwarfMapMaker (from extras), since it's built into the legends processor and thus redundant
- Updated "__Process Legends Exports.bat" to version 2.4, to allow the above (moves the .scm plugin to DF folder)
- updated to a newer version of the Dwarf Therapist manual
- fixed nested folder for DFMon (didn't start)
- changed default MACRO_MS to 0 miliseconds, which is better for Quickfort, on all graphics packs. If you change init settings manually while the LNP is open, it resets the changes on closing, which this should work around for Quickfort.
- added "repeat.lua" - set scripts to be re-run on a regular basis, eg a siege every two months with "repeat enable 2 months force siege EVIL"
- tweak to the batch files, @echo off applies to itself too (thanks, /u/overand)
- took DFMon out of nested folder, it should work from the utilities list now
- Added new utility: DFMon V0.5 - handles announcements
- Upgraded to the new Dwarf Therapist (now 20.6); it has... actually too much to list here, see the patch notes for v20.6 and suffice to say it's an upgrade: https://code.google.com/r/splintermind-attributes/
- Added dfterm3: enables multiplayer DF over the internet; requires some fiddling to work though I've minimised it with another batch script
- removed DF Designator to keep pack size within limit - Quickfort and Chromafort cover the functionality and are arguably superior in speed and power
- updated Falconne's plugins, some bugfixes for mouse support and zone-related crashes, search plugin no longer interferes with stocks, etc
- new plugin that shows hotkeys, press Ctrl-F1 anywhere to see what keybindings are active from dfhack
- another module for the legends processing script (now v2.2); this one fixes the damage workflow does to the exports (which otherwise crashes if you load legends from a world where you've had a fort with workflow)
- another fix for legends processor (v2.3) which used to set "region1" as a match for "region11"; it now also works for up to region999
- added a final message to the updating tool. Tells you where it copied from, and that it doesn't do settings.
- a new binpatch to fix weapon momentum issues (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=131527
- removed the embarkanywhere utility, the same function is offered by dfhack ('embark -h' for help) and it triggered someone's antivirus software
- new links menu item 'report bugs with this program' - on the program thread, not the pack thread.
- Fixed the many bugs with the 'new and improved' legends processor - now that it works as intended, it's actually an improvement.
- Wrote and added a simple script to start the legends processor from dfhack; Ctrl-Shift-L in legends mode will do it.
- fixed the "16x16 ASCII default" graphics pack to remove and deactivate the example graphics
- added an item to the links menu, another story site
- added folder link to quickfort blueprints folder, and a brief note of apology for the mess.
- Massive upgrades to "__Process Legends Exports.bat", to the point where I've uploaded it as a standalone utility
- Apparently using 'A' to export all the detailed maps from legends mode was causing issues, so the key is now shift-D. Alt-X does the same thing, but the alt key isn't always recognised - that's why there's a second option.
- better labeling and some expansion in the about folder
- further config for the announcement filter utility, there's a bit more colour now
- upgraded the data copying tool, it now (hopefully) handles the old LNP, the 'advanced' version of the old LNP, and the vanilla game. It should also supply more useful feedback to users, and the commenting is better for anyone interested in modifying/extending it. GPL3 as usual, and I'd appreciate any improvements.
- added a 'support Bay12 Games' button/link to the description. Do it, people - Toady has to eat!
- updated Falconne's plugins to 0.35, adds an unmark all for trade option and fixes some key issues in the enhanced stocks screen
- added context to a few dfhack keybindings; they work just as well when they're meant to and now don't misfire (thanks, Taverius)
- fixed soundsense config to point to the supplemental log properly (Taverius again, s/he is a legend)
- fixed the lnp.yaml calls to the alternative keybindings; they now actually work (ladies, gents, everyone: Taverius)
- updated the manual for Dwarf Therapist to completed status, saved in extras folder
- added keybinding for autochop, Ctrl-T will open it up
- added the donate page to links menu; the game is free, but Toady (the dev) still needs to eat - and he lives off donations. Also added many other community links and some tutorial links.
- fixed the Quickfort plans for the Mines of Moria, now v2.4; four version changes and lots of work and testing by Dragur
- changed the keybinding to xport all maps from legends mode to 'a'; it was x before and messing with the legends export.
- Added DF Announcement Filter 1.1 (alternative, filterable, announcements screen in another window)
- removed two duplicated patches from dfhack.init
- MAJOR: updated to a new, cross-platform LNP GUI; this one is in active development, already feature-equal, and more customisable (meaning better tailored for you, by me)
- removed Shizzle tileset, due to low usage and file hosting limits :-(
- tweaked legends processor, works better without GIMP now (skipped the set region number part, potentially problematic)
- added a third (fourth?)-party manual/userguide for Splinterz Dwarf Therapist
- fixed the behaviour of LNP's restore embark profiles and world_gen files, they were still the older versions
- stuck all the licenses, readmes etc for the pack as a whole in a folder (LNP\about) to tidy up a bit, for individual components they're still with those. Anything about this pack which is mine is officially released under GPL3, the bits which aren't mine have not changed.
- updated Falconne's plugins to 0.34, with new 'autochop' - a variation of getplants that acts like workflow, and can be confined to any burrow, great for tree farming and later-game automation; also a bunch of bugfixes for the other plugins
- updated mousequery - designation right-click now works properly (paint with left, rectangle with right)
- upgraded embark profiles again, now includes many scenarios adapted from the masterwork mod package. Thanks to everyone who helped with those.
- legends processor should now just skip the map maker if GIMP is not installed
- modified log-region slightly, result now includes world name and is a little more readable
- updated Spacefox graphics to new v1.0
- put the standard settings in Spacefox and Obsidian graphics packs (should have remembered earlier)
- corrected an error in my earlier settings-standardisation between graphics packs (second set of tileset references in init.txt needs a different tag, thank bay12 user RS14 who pointed this out)
- more embark profiles, from (existing) classic LNP+Phoebus, I added two specialist sets off the wiki
- added 'forumdwarves' script (outputs a text description screen, eg detailed thoughts and description of a dwarf, to a text file formatted for posting on a forum); type 'forumdwarves help' for details. Keybound to Ctrl-Shift-F for now.
- also added scripts removewear.lua; showunitsyndromes.rb - give more info. No keybindings for these yet, so call them from dfhack ("<script> help" will give instructions)
- changed keybinding for Falconne's Dwarfmonitor prefrences screen to Alt-M, since that seems to be the emerging standard.
- removed a single misplaced backslash that was breaking the Legends Processor and fixed a number of other outstanding bugs which were probably harmless
- re-added the legacy legends processing scripts, in a folder under LNP/Extras
- Falconne's plugins updated to 0.31; improved stocks interface including GUI shortcut from standard stocks screen; DwarfMonitor can now summarise the prefenrences of your citizens (alt-p) and is enabled by default in dfhack.init
- Added Spacefox's graphics set - a retro kinda hybrid of Phoebus and Jolly Bastion
- Removed World Viewer, because I've got a 100MB limit and legends viewer accepts the auto-processed archives
- updated log-region with a minor fix for potentially poor behaviour, rearranged the first line for grammar and clarity, now outputs eg "Loaded region2," instead of "Loaded Region,".
- upgraded the Legends Processor - you should no longer need to edit in your GIMP install location. So long as you have it installed and the script in place, it'll just work. The only downside is that if you have GIMP installed but DwarfMapMaker.scm is not in place it'll throw an error. It'll also now put the exports in a folder called "region# stuff", creating it if no such folder exists yet. It uses the region number in naming the legends archive and processed map too, so they're less likley to overwrite each other. Handles up to region999.
- big upgrade to the script to copy across all your stuff from the old pack: you no longer need to specify what version you are upgrading from, just click and go. Out of beta, cause it should just work now. It'll also avoid copying anything across if there are any save folders in the newer pack, so accidentally overwriting shouldn't happen. Still doesn't delete the old folder, but I can't think of a way to make that safe enough.
- I now have google-assisted scripting skills (ok, mostly google), and a personal contribution to this pack. Yay!
- added Obsidian graphics 0.8a - a beautiful pack with unique moving grass (same mechanic as tentacles/eyeballs in evil biome); and edited the init and d_init to have the same settings as every other pack will restore.
- new mega-script to do all your legends export processing needs in one go (explained in new readme), compresses legends xml(new and very useful, but only works with Legends Viewer - feature coming to World Viewer soon); may break if certain components are removed from the Dwarf Fortress folder.
- pack updater also copies soundsense configuration.xml, if you turn the GUI off for example
- added script "log-region", which puts a message in the gamelog identifying what just got loaded - very useful for sorting out which events happened in which fort, and essential to forthcoming versions of DF Story Maker; so best to get it in now
- replaced fix/growthbug script with compiled plugin version, removed line in dfhack.init which is now redundant. The plugin runs automatically and can but need not be configured
- Added World Viewer 1.0 (a legends viewing utility), 32bit by default but includes a 64bit version which might work for larger files. enable it by editing the 'exclude.txt' in LNP/Utilities
- Added new keybinding for alternative stocks interface (keybinding add Z@overallstatus "stocks show"); the old one is still in and should contine to work just as well as before
- Updated Falconne's plugins (mousequery) to 0.29
- Added "DF Story Maker 1.0" - a utility that parses the gamelog and outputs a copy with only chosen categories of announcements; development is active on 1.1 and a major expansion is planned.
- Added all the Quickfort blueprints on the community page as of 20/07/2013 to the /Quickfort 2.04/blueprints/ folder, and moved the Moria plans there too with an extra note on the problems these plans have, added a folder for "User Created Blueprints".
- Added an experimental batch file to make moving to an updated pack less bother - just put the new in the same folder as the old, and edit the batch file to put the old folder name in the marked spot then run the file.
- Added a batch file to move .dfmap files to the user content folder and the Overseer folder.
- Added a few dfhack keynindings to deal with rare(ish?) issue with alt-something commands not working. Workflow, quicksave, and exportmaps now all work with or without the alt key due to additional keybindings which can be seen in dfhack.init
- TL;DR - having exported everything, run the batch files in order.
- A release focussed on making legends mode exports easier to use.
- First, improvements to ease-of use for Dwarf Map Maker (the GIMP script). The "compress-bitmaps.bat" has been renamed "aab Compress Bitmaps", and will now only affect files with "egion" somewhere in the name - this includes the outputs from legends exports and Map Maker, but not the seed files for the map which must be in .bmp format.
- "aaa Make Map.bat" is now in the Dwarf Fortress folder, so repeated use is much less of a pain. The map maker works as described in the readme in LNP/extras/Dwarf map maker.
- I've added a batch script that moves your newly processed exported info to the folder for User Generated Content (the reason it exists is as a standard target...).
- The batch files must be run in order but will work if earlier ones are skipped.
r23 (new: verbose logging in separate file)
- lots of fixes for the graphics.
- added the phoebus embark profile to the main embark_profiles.txt; deleted the vanilla curses tileset from the graphics packs (duplication/pack size); deleted the non-phoebus stuff in raw/graphics (should fix the odd dwarf graphics people noticed - those were the default/example icons, big thanks to CLA who explained the problem).
- Also some tweaks to the visualisers - Isoworld and Stonesense have slightly larger default view areas, no fog in stonesense, and a larger minimap for Isoworld.
- Also modified the descriptions to reflect the fact that Falconne's plugins are still 0.27 following download issues which I should have caught last time.
- Finally, verbose changelogs are long!
r22 - added all dfhack binpatches back in (reports of training ammo issues make me wonder how effective the patched .exe really is...); updated mousequery (now allows designation painting with the mouse when enabled and an explicit option in the 'd' menu to go to box designation), emptied the gamelog from testing
r21 - updated the colour codes (Vherid tweaked them a litle), added an explicit option in dfhack.init to disable the mouse control ("#mousequery plugin disable"),
r20 - hosiptal overstocking was meant to be patched in the .exe and is now renabled in dfhack since that didn't work, moved the changelog to it's own file, deleted a few errorlogs produced in testing, removed Mouse Fortress as mousequery is now a more stable replacement (still binpatched if you want to get it manually)
r19 - added startdwarf script to embark with any number of dwarves, added my quickfort plans for the mines of Moria
r18 - removed binpatches from dfhack.init (duplicated patches in the .exe)
r17 - different fix for the growth bug
r16 - fixed issue with CLA graphics missing cursor, added changed keybindings to LNP keybinding function so changing is easy, added a script that fixes the bug about born units never growing
r15 - made my additions to dfhack.init a little clearer, modified the init for each graphics pack so they all have the same newb-friendly settings, added the cheatsheets from reddit to extras, added unit info viewer GUI script
r14 - yet another plugin update - fixes for mousequery behaviour (edge now requires track), removed DF Architect (precursor to DF Designator)
r13 - updated Falconne's plugins for mousequery again - now has live view when unpaused and can enable edge scrolling at all times, moved Vherid's colour schemes to extras folder, added top-level folder for user generated content to make updating easier
r12 - cursor tracking now disabled by default (see dfhack.init to enable, updated Phoebus Graphics, added the new phoebus graphics customiser to extras
r11 - added a new plugin to export all detailed maps from legends mode (exportmaps, keybinding Alt-X, added embark anywhere
r10 - added a readme with some basic instructions to Overseer folder, tried to reduce filesize by removing some of the more bizzare bits like non-DF stuff and some bizzare plugins, changes for esae of setup
r9 - removed skill rust announcements from gamelog soundsense script due to personal experience of spam, updated Falconne's plugins to 0.25 (mousequery updated again - mostly bugfixes)
r8 - moved Isoworld to the utilities folder, works with LNP utilities tab, fixed soundsense config to correct default gamelog placement
r7 - updated Falconne's UI plugins to 0.24 for new mousequery and added to dfhack.init appropriately, changed mousewheel keybindings from zooming to change z-levels for easy mouse use, updated soundsense to r42 and installed the script for extended announcments, added PerfectWorld DF v1.6 with updated xml config, got a version of DF with binpatch bugfixes and modified it for Mouse Fortress compatibility (and added the hex editor to extras folder for user replication),
r6 - added utility 'Dwarf Map Maker' (gimp script) to extras folder - and bundled GIMP 2.6.12, added Putnam's scripts for DFHack (force events, etc), changed from .zip to .7z compression and consequently shuffled the extractor to the top level
r5 - updated and fixed Jolly Bastion graphics, added colour options (see graphics folder) per Vherid, renamed 'launch.exe' to 'MouseFortress.exe' for clarity, added tile size labels to graphics folders, added two designation utilities - DF Architect 0.2 and DF Designator v1, fixed incorrect naming of Shizzle tileset v1.0 to 1.3
r4 - more graphics packs (from three to seven), moved extractor to LNP/extras, cleaned up some logs from testing, reworked this documentation, added Fortress Overseer utility (may not work, see notes in utilities folder), no longer automatically launches mouse fortress, removed DFinit utility as it replicates a LNP function
r3 - LNP updated to v16.2; included universal extractor utility to make updating manually easier
r2 - LNP updated to v16.1; added mayday graphics (experimental)
r1 - initial release