Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109675 times)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #1350 on: September 22, 2014, 06:16:57 am »

Well, it was pylnp something, and I'm not sure how to retrieve the warning info, I could trigger it by extracting it again.

Edit: Oh it was the pylnp.exe, the threat detected thing just says malware group w32.malware.gen and the file.

Yeah, it's a false positive. Even the name suggests it's basically guessing (wrong).

Please submit it as a false positive to the people who created your anti-virus program. You should be able to go through customer service to do that.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1351 on: September 22, 2014, 06:34:44 am »

It's also a bit annoying how the launchers default to the 120 pop cap, 100/50 fps cap, 100:1000 baby cap and change the loaded d_init/init to the values it wants. *When you move them with the launcher

Still happening but you didn't say you fixed it.
The launchers use whatever the init files contain; the Defaults button uses whatever LNP\Defaults contains.

In other words, they default to those values, because Peridexis used files that do this.

- updated PyLNP to v0.5.2; fixes entombing pets option

I said it was broke on the old launcher, at least now it has a friend that has joined it for opposite day.
If you're referring to the fact that the init files say NO when the UI says YES, that's because the meaning in the init file is itself the opposite of the button (and that was the problem with the previous PyLNP version).

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 22, 2014, 10:24:44 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_13 r2!  As usual, you can get it here.

Heaps of bugfixes, most to do with dfhack configuration, and also some new enhancements.  I'm also celebrating a slightly longer gap between DF updates - it gives me a change to iron out a lot of the minor but persistent issues.  Enjoy!

Changelog:
 - fixed TwbT overrides when installing with PyLNP
 - updated PyLNP to v0.5.2; fixes entombing pets option
 - completely reworked dfhack tabs
   - multilevel view now always-on through dfhack.init
   - options now invoked via 'onLoadWorld.init' rather than
     script in dfhack.init; fixes overlap and overwriting
   - new automation options, non-persistent (ie unchecking box will disable)
   NB: if an option is enabled in *either tab*, it will be active now
 - enabled UI prompts for autochop and stocks plugins
 - updated soundSense to version 2014-1
 - bugfixes run ingame-monthly instead of only on startup

MD5:  EA429D550575EC9214D4934595FD5CC8

Sig and archive updated with torrents/magents.

Seeding. And for anyone who's looking before salithus fixes his signature, his 40_13r2 link is:
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/11078291
sorry about that - bit.ly link updated

Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: September 22, 2014, 02:35:11 pm »

tl;dr:  Does DFSP support any kind of 'mod plugins' or are there any plans to do so in the future?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate that the general thrust of DFSP is just to get 'vanilla' DFSP available 'to the masses' with tile packs and a couple utilities bundles with it in a super easy to use package. And it's amazing. Believe me, I basically won't play without DFSP any more... but that's a big part of why I'm curious about this. I'm interested in some mods that are available, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to set up a system with DFSP where a mod could be packaged as a sort of DFSP plugin and then enabled or disabled as desired.

Basically, I want to get some of the stuff from Accelerated DF into DFSP - primarily the reduction in stone types, and collapsing all leather, meat, tallow, bones, etc. into single types. I find the variety doesn't add anything interesting to the game, and just make management a giant tedious pain. Anyway, manually merging this stuff into DFSP is a hassle... and I got to thinking that there must be other people out there who like certain mods, but also like the slick ease-of-use of DFSP and don't want to go through all the trouble of merging, etc. I though it would be neat if there was a way to package 'plugins', similar to DFHack plugins, that DFSP could just apply/unapply at the click of a button. DFSP wouldn't be responsible for updating the plugins, of course, so once set up it shouldn't really require any maintenance.

If such a thing exists (but it doesn't seem to), I'll probably try to build something akin to a simplification mod... if not, I think PeridexisErrant has the source up on GitHub... I might look and see if I can figure out how to hack such a feature into it.

Unless PE and the community hate the idea, then of course I'll just keep to myself... :P

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 22, 2014, 02:37:04 pm »

Is this what you're referring to?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 22, 2014, 02:57:53 pm »

The accelerated mods can just go into the LNP\Graphics area of this mod and then be loaded by the game, it's worked that way since 40.05 at least. The reason mods aren't included atm is probably because of their size and that there may be left over files when you switch to another mod or graphics pack, since unless it's changed it doesn't delete the folders it just overwrites the files the new stuff contains.

Mods really can't be enabled/disabled in a save game. It's ok changing preexisting reactions but anything new won't be loaded and if you delete something it will probably crash. That's why you just use different saves for different mods that should all be able to be loaded already by the current launcher.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:00:13 pm by LeoCean »

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 22, 2014, 04:32:34 pm »

I still see people using DFFD but, the same thing as ive observed around the release of 40.01, the site doesnt load whatsoever for me. At the time I though it was just a random downtime, but it looks like a hard sell now. Anyone has a similiar problem or can shed some light on the issue perhaps?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 22, 2014, 04:45:27 pm »

It might be blocked in your country/ area try the website with this

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: September 22, 2014, 04:59:41 pm »

It might be blocked in your country/ area try the website with this
Thats weird and i have though of this, but poland is not known for its crackdown on legitimate sites.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 22, 2014, 07:17:51 pm »

tl;dr:  Does DFSP support any kind of 'mod plugins' or are there any plans to do so in the future?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate that the general thrust of DFSP is just to get 'vanilla' DFSP available 'to the masses' with tile packs and a couple utilities bundles with it in a super easy to use package. And it's amazing. Believe me, I basically won't play without DFSP any more... but that's a big part of why I'm curious about this. I'm interested in some mods that are available, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to set up a system with DFSP where a mod could be packaged as a sort of DFSP plugin and then enabled or disabled as desired.

Basically, I want to get some of the stuff from Accelerated DF into DFSP - primarily the reduction in stone types, and collapsing all leather, meat, tallow, bones, etc. into single types. I find the variety doesn't add anything interesting to the game, and just make management a giant tedious pain. Anyway, manually merging this stuff into DFSP is a hassle... and I got to thinking that there must be other people out there who like certain mods, but also like the slick ease-of-use of DFSP and don't want to go through all the trouble of merging, etc. I though it would be neat if there was a way to package 'plugins', similar to DFHack plugins, that DFSP could just apply/unapply at the click of a button. DFSP wouldn't be responsible for updating the plugins, of course, so once set up it shouldn't really require any maintenance.

If such a thing exists (but it doesn't seem to), I'll probably try to build something akin to a simplification mod... if not, I think PeridexisErrant has the source up on GitHub... I might look and see if I can figure out how to hack such a feature into it.

Is this what you're referring to?

Yep!  See the documentation there for more details, but basically the goal is to treat mods like graphics packs and provide a simple interface to combine them.  If you want to contribute, use that fork of the Python version instead of the (deprecated) windows-only version.

The 'plugins' are simply mods placed in the "LNP/Mods/" folder, and are simplified to save space.  Applying and un-applying to an existing save isn't a good idea though, as most mods can break saves - you'd have to install the mods and then generate a new world. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: September 22, 2014, 08:34:15 pm »

hmmmm...trying this out but i cant seem to find the key/tool to move between levels...

which one is it, been trying to find it for 30 minutes, sorry if i seem dumb but i havent had the chance to really play Df in over a year and with this new version ild like to see how it works along with this new starter thing.

been a long time waiting to actually play this out!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: September 22, 2014, 08:37:54 pm »

Depends what hotkey set you use but the default is shift < >. I think that works in PeridexisErrant keybinding set to but I mainly use the mouse scroll to switch, which you probably won't be able to use if you are using a different one. You can also check the hotkeys if that's not it. It's the thing about z layers I think it's been awhile since I've looked at the hotkeys.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:23:08 pm by LeoCean »

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: September 22, 2014, 08:46:37 pm »

thanks
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

ojas2812

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 23, 2014, 11:52:03 am »

The links for the starter pack don't seem to work for me. The webpage does not open. It gives this "Oops! Google Chrome could not find dffd.wimbli.com
Did you mean: wimbli.­com". What should I do?

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: September 23, 2014, 12:16:45 pm »

The links for the starter pack don't seem to work for me. The webpage does not open. It gives this "Oops! Google Chrome could not find dffd.wimbli.com
Did you mean: wimbli.­com". What should I do?
I seed it if you want to torrent - links are in my sig.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 385