Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4114993 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #1380 on: September 26, 2014, 05:08:26 am »

PE, is the bug that causes quantum stockpiles not to work in DF, or in a plugin?  I only noticed it appearing in .13, but it could have been in earlier versions - I don't use it often  :/
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

qdt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Iamblichos Quantum stockpiles
« Reply #1381 on: September 26, 2014, 06:44:11 am »

I think that is from the autodump command that runs monthly. Anything you have set to dump gets destroyed every month.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
Re: Iamblichos Quantum stockpiles
« Reply #1382 on: September 26, 2014, 08:09:29 am »

I think that is from the autodump command that runs monthly. Anything you have set to dump gets destroyed every month.

Is this the default now? I often dump things just to get them out of my way temporarily. I never mess with DFHack, so I was just wondering if it's something I need to turn off.

Thanks.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 26, 2014, 10:31:32 am »

Updated this morning.  Haven't had crash issues with any prior version.  Today, first DF itself crashed to a non-respond error.  Then I was making some changes with Therapist and Therapist crashed, same reason.  Not sure of the cause but again no problems with prior versions going back to 40.11r2.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Kryxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 26, 2014, 11:18:38 am »

So TWBT hugely messes with original world gen.  So you now have to read it in the default font.

I don't want this at all.

How do I solve this besides genning worlds in 40.12 and copying them over for an upgrade?

I 'think' it's dfhack and twbt.  They allowed graphic packs to update into the world screen in other versions and for some reason decided to NOT?  this is baffling for me.  Why change a good thing? 

I tried changing the printmode to twbt_legacy But now some of them show up and others don't.  It's like a mixed fubar'd mode.

Who supports this?  the DFhack team or someone who made twbt?

I really want to do know to get this working and not have it all messed up.  if I install a graphic pack, I want graphics.. not vanilla.

This is what happened when I loaded the world gen save (yes it was as save) to pick where to place my Fortress with the TWBT_legacy option.
Look at the left 1/2 the screen.  Mixed types....

http://imgur.com/7GoMtAx

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 12:14:44 pm by Kryxx »

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 26, 2014, 01:06:54 pm »

For the next version you need to rework the keybindings. Ctrl-P is playing macro's(which I use a lot and not just with Quickfort) and zooming in graphics too.

I've changed my zooming to Ctrl-G and Ctrl-H. Not the most obvious pairing but they were first I came across that didin't collide with something in DF or already defined as a dfhack keybinding.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 26, 2014, 01:08:49 pm »

Hey Peridexis, I'm not sure if it's something with the mayday raws or what, but I'm noticing that the mayday compiled raws (that is, set up for mayday graphics) have [LARGE_PREDATOR] missing from the megabeasts while in vanilla, they have that.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 26, 2014, 01:48:38 pm »

So TWBT hugely messes with original world gen.  So you now have to read it in the default font.

I don't want this at all.

How do I solve this besides genning worlds in 40.12 and copying them over for an upgrade?

I 'think' it's dfhack and twbt.  They allowed graphic packs to update into the world screen in other versions and for some reason decided to NOT?  this is baffling for me.  Why change a good thing? 

I tried changing the printmode to twbt_legacy But now some of them show up and others don't.  It's like a mixed fubar'd mode.

Who supports this?  the DFhack team or someone who made twbt?

I really want to do know to get this working and not have it all messed up.  if I install a graphic pack, I want graphics.. not vanilla.

This is what happened when I loaded the world gen save (yes it was as save) to pick where to place my Fortress with the TWBT_legacy option.
Look at the left 1/2 the screen.  Mixed types....

http://imgur.com/7GoMtAx
You can disable TwbT by deleting <DF>/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.(dll/dylib/so).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: September 26, 2014, 02:08:04 pm »

PE, is the bug that causes quantum stockpiles not to work in DF, or in a plugin?  I only noticed it appearing in .13, but it could have been in earlier versions - I don't use it often  :/
Quantum stockpile with trackstops
You can use that sort of thing instead of the dump or you can turn autodump off. There's a better way than the one I just linked that arumba used in a video where they use the minecart to drag stuff to the quantum stockpile then just place the minecart on the trackstop and it dumps but I've no idea how to reproduce it as of yet. (I should have remembered it when I saw it but I thought it was wrong when I saw it so I ignored it.)

Hey Peridexis, I'm not sure if it's something with the mayday raws or what, but I'm noticing that the mayday compiled raws (that is, set up for mayday graphics) have [LARGE_PREDATOR] missing from the megabeasts while in vanilla, they have that.

Yeah he didn't update to 40.13 raws yet I think he's still using 40.11's. Also some graphic sets didn't update those raws for some reason or another. I did for spacefox but I don't think it's included yet.

TWBT thing
That's weird about the embark map it should be using graphics from what mifki said, but I haven't made a new world since I updated to 5.12 so I don't know how it works yet, and your image is pure white. The little bit of text mixed into the embark map with the old gen version is pretty normal though it didn't happen to me often.

For the next version you need to rework the keybindings. Ctrl-P is playing macro's(which I use a lot and not just with Quickfort) and zooming in graphics too.

I've changed my zooming to Ctrl-G and Ctrl-H. Not the most obvious pairing but they were first I came across that didin't collide with something in DF or already defined as a dfhack keybinding.

Is CTRL- - and CTRL- + used already as they'd make the most sense for zooming in. I use the macros but I have twbt tilesize 18 18 set in onloadinit.init so I don't zoom in or out so I haven't noticed it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 26, 2014, 02:11:19 pm »

I thought he was using Fricy's compilations?

Wonder when Mike Mayday will be back from his vacation though.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 26, 2014, 02:32:44 pm »

I thought he was using Fricy's compilations?

Wonder when Mike Mayday will be back from his vacation though.

He is but fricy uses the version I post in the spacefox thread. Mike should already be back I thought he was only gone for a month.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: September 26, 2014, 05:18:17 pm »

I've been having a problem with the latest release, when I start the game the Dwarf Fortress window pops up fine but then everything shrinks until it's tiny, as if I'd zoomed all the way out. When I try to zoom in it just makes everything blurry. I've been messing with the settings trying to stop this happening, changing the graphics, changing the window size, nothing's worked. I don't have this problem when I go back to playing the earlier pack so that's what I've been doing. Is anyone else having this problem?
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: September 26, 2014, 05:42:22 pm »

Don't  know, sorry.

This is not part of the pack. Regular commands *can*be enabled to dump worn clothing and clean contaminants, nut not autodump - precisely because it's a big change.

I'll change the keybindings. Dfhack can only bind letters, which reduces the selection.

Disable TwbT by setting print_mode to standard in init.txt
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 26, 2014, 06:26:36 pm »

I'm noticing the keybindings are are screwy.  I've always used - and + on the keypad to move up and down in submenus (like choosing which table to place) but now only the - works and goes up, meaning to get to the 2nd item I have to scroll through the entire list.  I've tried changing the key bindings on the main menu...but they aren't taking for some reason.

Same with scroll in and out (zoom).  I've always used the mouse wheel for that.  Now that affects only the border and not the map itself.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 26, 2014, 09:21:07 pm »

I'm noticing the keybindings are are screwy.  I've always used - and + on the keypad to move up and down in submenus (like choosing which table to place) but now only the - works and goes up, meaning to get to the 2nd item I have to scroll through the entire list.  I've tried changing the key bindings on the main menu...but they aren't taking for some reason.

Same with scroll in and out (zoom).  I've always used the mouse wheel for that.  Now that affects only the border and not the map itself.

Are you using the PeridexisErrant keybindings? Idk about the 40.13 r3 version since I already updated my r2 version with the fixes before it came out but in r2 the zoom is normal and I'm using the 5.12 version of twbt so it isn't that. My keyboard has a - + on the side for the numpad and that + works with those submenus.

So frankly sometimes the normal + key can be used but most of the time I'm stuck with using the numpad one.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 385