Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4114807 times)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #1395 on: September 26, 2014, 09:23:01 pm »

What is changing my Dwarves labor automatically?

I started a new embark so naturally my Dwarves don't have many skills yet. I'm trying to get my idlers to fish and do other things but the moment I enable a labor, it is automatically disabled. I see something called automatic job assignments in the launcher, but it is disabled. It seems the only assignment that will stick is Mining. Otherwise, they can only be assigned something they already have skill in.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:25:00 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 26, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »

What's displayed when you run "autolabor" in the DFHack console?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 26, 2014, 09:44:21 pm »

What's displayed when you run "autolabor" in the DFHack console?

Ah! That was it. It was set to 1, I changed to to 0. I had no idea that even existed. Only recently started playing the 0.40 series.

Thanks, that was frustrating.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 26, 2014, 10:14:36 pm »

I'm noticing the keybindings are are screwy.  I've always used - and + on the keypad to move up and down in submenus (like choosing which table to place) but now only the - works and goes up, meaning to get to the 2nd item I have to scroll through the entire list.  I've tried changing the key bindings on the main menu...but they aren't taking for some reason.

Same with scroll in and out (zoom).  I've always used the mouse wheel for that.  Now that affects only the border and not the map itself.

From the changelog:
- updated all keybindings for 40.13
 [...]
    - standard zoom controls now only resize text (ie not map tiles)
    - added map-zoom controls ctrl-P, ctrl-O

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 27, 2014, 07:35:55 am »

Ugh, ok thanks.  What about moving down in sub menus?  And obviously the keybindings showing up in the game are wrong so is there a place to see the keybindings for r3?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:06:04 am by ragincajun »
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: September 27, 2014, 08:08:13 am »

I'm noticing the keybindings are are screwy.  I've always used - and + on the keypad to move up and down in submenus (like choosing which table to place) but now only the - works and goes up, meaning to get to the 2nd item I have to scroll through the entire list.  I've tried changing the key bindings on the main menu...but they aren't taking for some reason.

Same with scroll in and out (zoom).  I've always used the mouse wheel for that.  Now that affects only the border and not the map itself.

Are you using the PeridexisErrant keybindings? Idk about the 40.13 r3 version since I already updated my r2 version with the fixes before it came out but in r2 the zoom is normal and I'm using the 5.12 version of twbt so it isn't that. My keyboard has a - + on the side for the numpad and that + works with those submenus.

So frankly sometimes the normal + key can be used but most of the time I'm stuck with using the numpad one.

Same here.  But the + sign goes to the bottom of the menu you are on while the - sign still scrolls up one option at a time.  But I can't figure out how to go down in the lists.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: September 27, 2014, 11:14:29 am »

I don't know what to say using PeridexisErrant keybindings on r3 the - and + works fine, the only + that jumps to the bottom is the numpad one so maybe that's the one you are trying to use? Is the + you use the = sign too?

I tested it by placing a table down and scrolling through multiple types so it should work correctly and also the build menu.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:16:46 am by LeoCean »

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: September 27, 2014, 11:35:55 am »

Ugh, ok thanks.  What about moving down in sub menus?
If I remember correctly, the PE keybindings are set up so you can use the keyboard plus sign (as opposed to the 10-key keyboard) un-shifted.

PrinzPi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: September 27, 2014, 01:17:44 pm »

Hey,

it seems i have run into a problem with the current Starter Pack. I installed my Phoebus graphics and started up Dwarf Fortress (clean install) and the game shows for a second the Phoebus tileset and then reverts to the default curses-ASCII tileset. Tried every other tileset in the pack and it justs reverts back to ASCII. Does anybody know a workaround or the reason for this odd behaviour?

Lg
Prinz

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 27, 2014, 01:32:05 pm »

What do you mean by clean install?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 27, 2014, 01:47:46 pm »

Hey,

it seems i have run into a problem with the current Starter Pack. I installed my Phoebus graphics and started up Dwarf Fortress (clean install) and the game shows for a second the Phoebus tileset and then reverts to the default curses-ASCII tileset. Tried every other tileset in the pack and it justs reverts back to ASCII. Does anybody know a workaround or the reason for this odd behaviour?

Lg
Prinz

It's not weird they are using the curses tileset for the font. If you want the embark screen to not have it use TWBT_LEGACY printmode, well half the screen won't if you want the updated twbt (which will be full graphics on the embark map) click here and copy it to your \Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\plugins directory and copy and paste/ overwrite. Just copy and paste the stuff in the 0.40.13-r1 folder and don't worry about the other stuff.

If you have the r2 version you can use the phoebus font tileset from that and the data\init init.txt file from it to have the r2 text.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:49:32 pm by LeoCean »

PrinzPi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 27, 2014, 02:02:31 pm »

Thanks for the fast answer. I'm gonna give that a try :)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 27, 2014, 03:00:59 pm »

The d_init.txt distributed with the Starter Pack does not match 0.40.13 vanilla - a new tag, GRAZE_COEFFICIENT, is missing.

None of the graphics packs include it either, which suggests no one else noticed this change...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: September 27, 2014, 03:14:43 pm »

Changes like this are usually listed in "file changes.txt":
Quote from: file changes.txt
Auxiliary file changes for 0.40.13:

creature_standard
                (semi)megabeasts that were missing LARGE_PREDATOR received it

grazing creatures
                STANDARD_GRAZER added to replace all grazing numbers, can set coefficient in d_init

d_init
                GRAZE_COEFFICIENT to scale grazing amounts
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: September 27, 2014, 04:33:28 pm »

Really none of them matter to much and I don't even know what that does/helps trolls with because I actually added that change (trolls may have already had it) and a troll broke my door down in the caverns and walked through my base and the only way I could engage it was my animals because my dwarves just walked by it and said hi to it and it said hi back. It actually went to the entrance of my fort and just stood there like a welcomer at walmart that got eaten by dogs in the end. (it was to early for a military and I didn't want any dwarves hurt so I did it that way)

Though I guess even the olm men down in the caverns ignored/didn't care about my dwarves anyways when they came in contact with them and there were no changes to their behaviors. It's certainly a bug but to do with vanilla.

I've already said a few times that the raws being used are 40.11, if you want updated tilesets you'd have to download them from their threads but the ironhand set has 2 or maybe 3 different versions you can find.

Or you can get it from here https://github.com/fricy/DFgraphics.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 04:35:59 pm by LeoCean »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 385