Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113025 times)

MichaelB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #1425 on: September 28, 2014, 07:48:25 am »

Thanks for all of you work putting this pack together, love the new TWBT.

I've noticed a behaviour with PyLNP which I don't think is intended, correct me if I'm wrong. Selecting utilities to run when DF starts works fine the first time, but after closing the launcher and reloading PyLNP only the utility which was enabled last will still be enabled, the others revert to disabled.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: September 28, 2014, 08:12:29 am »

I've noticed a behaviour with PyLNP which I don't think is intended, correct me if I'm wrong. Selecting utilities to run when DF starts works fine the first time, but after closing the launcher and reloading PyLNP only the utility which was enabled last will still be enabled, the others revert to disabled.

Whoops! I fixed it now; it'll be in the next build.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 08:17:13 am by Pidgeot »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1427 on: September 28, 2014, 08:18:58 am »

Btw, as a reminder, sometimes TWBT updates more often than starter pack, so check its thread from time to time. For example now there are already several new versions with some fixes and improvements. New builds can be downloaded from http://build.mifki.com

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 28, 2014, 09:59:14 am »

Holy shit that  TWBT stuff is ground breaking for DF. For example changing workshop graphics for beautiful hand-painted images would alone move ton of people to DF.

Now if only someone would figure out moving objects to have motion instead of popping in different tiles...

BTW people if you don't like default curses font which is now default as font is now separate from map graphic just change it in arts folder for something else.

Like someone mentioned default font scales badly but higher resolution fonts work much better.

veri745

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: September 28, 2014, 10:48:27 am »

Btw, as a reminder, sometimes TWBT updates more often than starter pack, so check its thread from time to time. For example now there are already several new versions with some fixes and improvements. New builds can be downloaded from http://build.mifki.com

So I will admit that I haven't read through all 70+ pages of the TWBT thread, but the OP and the README for TWBT doesn't seem to include a section about "how to install".
It would be especially helpful since I usually rely on the starter pack.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:51:48 am by veri745 »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 28, 2014, 12:50:23 pm »

-snip nothing to do with this convo

It's not weird they are using the curses tileset for the font. If you want the embark screen to not have it use TWBT_LEGACY printmode, well half the screen won't if you want the updated twbt (which will be full graphics on the embark map) click here and copy it to your \Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\plugins directory and copy and paste/ overwrite. Just copy and paste the stuff in the 0.40.13-r1 folder and don't worry about the other stuff.

If you have the r2 version you can use the phoebus font tileset from that and the data\init init.txt file from it to have the r2 text.

The answer you seek was on page 94 of this. Interestingly there was a post in the first post of the twbt pluggin which took you to a post by Meph which told people how to install it, why mifki took it down on the 22nd (I assume since it was there a while ago) is beyond my understanding. This one The graphics should really be the default twbt instead of the text on embark. But the old gen is more laggy unless that has changed in 5.xx.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 12:51:59 pm by LeoCean »

Kirkegaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 28, 2014, 01:12:30 pm »

Hey PeridexisErrant,

It seems you have included a unfinished script in your dfhack build. The copy and rename save game script is not finished yet. According to the author Lethosor on IRC #dfhack

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: September 28, 2014, 03:53:53 pm »

He has the official build there's quite a few unfinished things in it, mostly because they changed between this 40.12 and 40.13 and the dfhack build came out in 2-3 days after that patch. It's not weird that their would be unfinished pieces in it.

Kryxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 28, 2014, 08:02:07 pm »

Twbt 5.13 fixes the issues with some of the map being text in TWBT_LEGACY printmode or w.e it's called. Honestly I don't get why it isn't the damn graphics (font) set because those using acii don't have graphics and why do they expect people who use graphics to know what this text poop is (even if I do) at the very least if there was a separate map tileset which mifki was told how it could be done we wouldn't have these issues.

Completely agree,  the dev is mixing in graphical updates to a 'text' mod. + multi level.  It should all be separate.

Only reason I leave TWBT on is for multilevel.

I honestly don't know what else it does, except in this latest version it messed with a bunch of stuff I didn't want messed with.

I guess I need to find a better font than curses, and replace it in the init.txt file.  Bleh... all this work. 

I'm tempted to stay on 40.12_R2 of the pack for a few months until all of this shit get's fixed/updated and leveled out to decent usage.   Won't have to worry about cave adaptation.   Welp took 1 min to convince myself.   

Especially since Toady is doing a ton of updates changing a lot of stuff, I fully expect DFhack to break in next patch due to having 119 emotions.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 08:04:27 pm by Kryxx »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1434 on: September 28, 2014, 08:27:07 pm »

Completely agree,  the dev is mixing in graphical updates to a 'text' mod. + multi level.  It should all be separate.

I honestly don't know what else it does, except in this latest version it messed with a bunch of stuff I didn't want messed with.

You can even set FONT and GRAPHICS_FONT to be the same if you don't need anything except multilevel. Don't see any problem here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: September 28, 2014, 09:24:23 pm »

Twbt 5.13 fixes the issues with some of the map being text in TWBT_LEGACY printmode or w.e it's called. Honestly I don't get why it isn't the damn graphics (font) set because those using acii don't have graphics and why do they expect people who use graphics to know what this text poop is (even if I do) at the very least if there was a separate map tileset which mifki was told how it could be done we wouldn't have these issues.

I guess I need to find a better font than curses, and replace it in the init.txt file.  Bleh... all this work. 

I'm tempted to stay on 40.12_R2 of the pack for a few months until all of this shit get's fixed/updated and leveled out to decent usage.   Won't have to worry about cave adaptation.   Welp took 1 min to convince myself.   

Especially since Toady is doing a ton of updates changing a lot of stuff, I fully expect DFhack to break in next patch due to having 119 emotions.

The embark selection screen being mixed was a bug.  There are plans to allow a third tileset for the world map; development in this area is ongoing.  The current state, where the world map is text, is a compromise until a better system can be put in place.  Why do we assume that people know what the graphics tile mean?  Going back to the ascii Toady designed the map to use arguably makes it easier to read. 

Having a single plugin with multiple functions - text, multilevel, item overrides - doesn't seem ideal.  There are good reasons though; keeping them together avoids compatibility nightmares (since there would be multiple conflicting render overrides) and also code duplication and a number of other bugs. 

If you prefer to avoid TwbT until you're happier with it, you can simply delete the plugin.  Development is happening very quickly, so I wouldn't expect it to take months!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Tanaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 29, 2014, 08:49:30 pm »

I'm just updated to R3 from R1 and Tweak Stable-Cursor is not working for me. It shows as loading up, but it isn't otherwise working the way it should. That is it, has no functionality...cursor is just popping up all over just like in vanilla DF. Would really love to get this functionality back, any suggestions?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 01, 2014, 12:28:04 am »

How would I get rid of TWBT? I really don't need it, and the ASCII stuff on the world map hurts me.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

TKS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: October 01, 2014, 02:57:41 am »

Thank you for this utility, sure helps a noob like me out a lot, really appreciate it!

-Mirza

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 01, 2014, 10:18:08 am »

How would I get rid of TWBT? I really don't need it, and the ASCII stuff on the world map hurts me.

In dfhack, you can unload the 'twbt' plugin.

Code: [Select]
Plugin management (useful for developers):
  plug [PLUGIN|v]       - List plugin state and description.
  load PLUGIN|all       - Load a plugin by name or load all possible plugins.
  [b]unload PLUGIN|all     - Unload a plugin or all loaded plugins.[/b]
  reload PLUGIN|all     - Reload a plugin or all loaded plugins.

You could also rename/remove the 'twbt.plug.dll' file from Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\ for something more permanent.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 385