Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113243 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5
« Reply #1575 on: October 25, 2014, 02:28:18 am »

Re download the r5 pack then copy over that 5.27 version of twbt, I'm using the same windows edition as you so that is a weird issue. Only thing is I use spacefox but I can't see the issue only being with phoebus or ironhand.

Hoodaya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: October 25, 2014, 09:23:28 am »

Hi there, I'm new to Dwarf fortress and was wondering. I am trying to use the starter pack but after I start the starter pack launcher and start Dwarf Fortress with the Phoebus graphics pack installed it doesn't actaully use the Phoebus graphics set it just goes back to ASCII when I start a new world or when I start the plots. Is it supposed to to that? I played with the old 2012 starter pack and it doesn't do that, so Im wondering what I'm doing wrong here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: October 25, 2014, 10:21:52 am »

Delete <Dwarf Fortress folder>/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.dll

By the way, is there a reason the link to Beautato's pack in the first post points to DFFD instead of the forum thread?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: October 25, 2014, 10:40:24 am »

Hi there, I'm new to Dwarf fortress and was wondering. I am trying to use the starter pack but after I start the starter pack launcher and start Dwarf Fortress with the Phoebus graphics pack installed it doesn't actaully use the Phoebus graphics set it just goes back to ASCII when I start a new world or when I start the plots. Is it supposed to to that? I played with the old 2012 starter pack and it doesn't do that, so Im wondering what I'm doing wrong here.

You're doing nothing wrong: The Starter pack comes with the TWBT plugin activated to for advanced graphics, like multilevel view, unique item overrides, and multiple tilesheets. The result of this is that the menus and the worldgen map are displayed with ASCII, and only the fortess uses the Phoebus tiles. This comes with the price that ttf fonts are unavaliable, you need to revert to the old rendering if you want that.
Contrary to what lethosor advises, there's no need to delete the plugin for this, you can disable it simply by switching print mode to 2D in the graphics tab of the Pylnp launcher.
Sidenote: If you want to use twbt you should upgrade it, the version that comes with the pack had some bugs in it fixed since.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: October 25, 2014, 04:59:08 pm »

*pokes fricy to update the graphics set compilation* Please? :)

No idea when Mike Mayday is going to do an official release of his graphics pack.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: October 25, 2014, 07:38:13 pm »

No idea when Mike Mayday is going to do an official release of his graphics pack.

Yes, Master!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: October 25, 2014, 07:58:13 pm »

Yes, Master!

Lol, wasn't trying to demand and I thought you had maybe gone to bed as it's almost 3 am where you are.

Thanks though.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: October 26, 2014, 04:50:21 am »

Lol, wasn't trying to demand and I thought you had maybe gone to bed as it's almost 3 am where you are.
Thanks though.
Lol, no worries, I was up and doing it anyways. Just that your comment came less than an hour after the new release. :)

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: October 26, 2014, 10:00:12 am »

Can't wait for the new pack to come out, way too lazy to install stuff myself.

Sca1ey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: October 26, 2014, 04:48:31 pm »

Could you stop the launcher from throwing an exception when not connected to the internet? I know it's a minor thing, but it is a bit annoying :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: October 26, 2014, 05:20:21 pm »

Which launcher? PyLNP or the old launcher?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: October 26, 2014, 05:23:42 pm »

I'm planning to wait for DFHack, and possibly Dwarf Therapist - stability of the feature set is fairly important.  I *may* release a separate pre-release pack for 40.14 before that, but I'm insanely busy for the next few weeks - we'll see.

Could you stop the launcher from throwing an exception when not connected to the internet? I know it's a minor thing, but it is a bit annoying :)
Try using the PyLNP - it's the same but better, including fixing this issue, and I'm removing the old launcher soon.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: October 26, 2014, 07:32:22 pm »

I'm planning to wait for DFHack, and possibly Dwarf Therapist - stability of the feature set is fairly important.  I *may* release a separate pre-release pack for 40.14 before that, but I'm insanely busy for the next few weeks - we'll see.
All work and no packs make Franky a busy man.

My Urist Eternal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: October 26, 2014, 09:40:11 pm »

Take your time...you're doing heroic work as it is...  :D

Hoodaya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: October 27, 2014, 10:02:08 am »

Hey I'm using the Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5, and heard about the stonesense overlay. I tried it out in Dwarf Fortress after I embarked and tried to bring up the overlay in the console but it just comes up with the Stonesense screen (does not even show stonesense as working just the introductory screen) and not the overlay for the game. However stonesense (not the overlay) itself works. I heard that the stonsense overlay does not work in this version of the starter pack, so just wanted to ask the question on here to confirm it. So does the overlay not work for this version or does it?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:04:36 am by Hoodaya »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 385