Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112361 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5
« Reply #1590 on: October 27, 2014, 10:11:12 am »

I heard that the stonsense overlay does not work in this version of the starter pack, so just wanted to ask the question on here to confirm it.
Confirmed. Last I heard the dfhack team needs to find the memory offset for the gui controls in 40.x to make it work. Or something like that. :-)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:13:20 am by fricy »

shoeless

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Father of Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: October 27, 2014, 10:53:07 am »

Hypothetically, if you were going to tell someone how to install the TwbT upgrade after its been downloaded, how would you do that?  I obviously know how, but.... for a friend.... ignorant friend...

A weregecko ate my father.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: October 27, 2014, 11:03:08 am »

Hypothetically, if you were going to tell someone how to install the TwbT upgrade after its been downloaded, how would you do that?  I obviously know how, but.... for a friend.... ignorant friend...
Tell your friend to extract the .dll files to hack/plugins .

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: October 27, 2014, 12:45:45 pm »

I wonder how will people implement Dwarf Therapist with changed happiness meter, you will now have to possibly adapt as its no longer linear or whatever. I guess its not critical so if its gonna take long time you can just delete that feature for time being and not rob us of our precious job assigning abilities... riiight ?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: October 27, 2014, 02:06:03 pm »

I can't imagine it'd be that hard considering down the bottom right you have that happiness meter but still.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: October 27, 2014, 02:16:28 pm »

I can't imagine it'd be that hard considering down the bottom right you have that happiness meter but still.
That's a DFHack plugin, which is also broken at the moment.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: October 28, 2014, 02:51:29 am »

What is TwbT and what does it do?

My Urist Eternal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: October 28, 2014, 09:08:53 am »

Is it just me or is the multi-layer view really confusing? I turned it off after I realized it was showing the bottom of a pit no matter how many levels you were above the pit, and showing upward slopes everywhere outside on my steep mountain embark. I couldn't keep straight what was really on this level and what was actually on a level 10-zs below. Really confusing!  :-\

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1599 on: October 28, 2014, 09:15:09 am »

I found that how confusing it is can depend a lot on how hilly your area is. A mountain peak is nearly impossible for me to figure out while if its just a small rise of a few z levels it is a good bit easier.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: October 28, 2014, 09:41:30 am »

Is it just me or is the multi-layer view really confusing? I turned it off after I realized it was showing the bottom of a pit no matter how many levels you were above the pit, and showing upward slopes everywhere outside on my steep mountain embark. I couldn't keep straight what was really on this level and what was actually on a level 10-zs below. Really confusing!  :-\
You can actually define how many levels twbt shows through dfHack:
Just type
Code: [Select]
multilevel <number from 0-15>into the console. 0 will basically turn multilevel off while keeping the rest of the plugin.
left eye

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: October 28, 2014, 10:09:15 am »

You can actually define how many levels twbt shows through dfHack:
Just type
Code: [Select]
multilevel <number from 0-15>into the console. 0 will basically turn multilevel off while keeping the rest of the plugin.
You can also fiddle with multilevel's "shadowcolor" "fogcolor" and "fogdensity" parameters to make the depth more obvious.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1602 on: October 29, 2014, 03:46:34 pm »

It actually depends on the tileset being used. I play with Spacefox which is quite light, and my default fog/shadow parameters work well for me. But I agree that for darker tilesets shadows become less visible and these parameters need an adjustment.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 30, 2014, 05:06:21 pm »

Is there gonna be a new release for the version 40.14?
Or I can simply move the newb pack over?

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: October 30, 2014, 05:09:03 pm »

Is there gonna be a new release for the version 40.14?
Or I can simply move the newb pack over?
Can't wait for the new pack to come out, way too lazy to install stuff myself.
I'm planning to wait for DFHack, and possibly Dwarf Therapist - stability of the feature set is fairly important.  I *may* release a separate pre-release pack for 40.14 before that, but I'm insanely busy for the next few weeks - we'll see.
So, the answer is... Maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 385