Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109257 times)

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5
« Reply #1605 on: October 30, 2014, 06:46:25 pm »

Should have read a little more :P

RosenJanus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 30, 2014, 07:07:58 pm »

So me and a friend aren't able to use this pack's tileset's. When the game starts, it switches to regular ASCII... and we're starting to think it's because we dont' even have the option to turn off TwbT...

DF hack output:
http://i.gyazo.com/b302d87fa5a19d6a61c25a4fc302ebad.png

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1607 on: October 30, 2014, 07:11:59 pm »

In the launcher under the "Graphics" tab in the Advanced section the Print Mode will be currently set to TWBT or some such. Switch it to 2D mode and that will turn it off. Also to note the graphics pack will work when you actually get into the game. What you are seeing is basically it switching out the graphics pack on the menus to ASCII because in general clear letters are easier to read then having the 'O's replaced with a fancy pillar symbol and the '.' replaced with what is basically a blank bit of slightly off color area to make the ground look nicer.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 30, 2014, 07:12:33 pm »

Don't worry - it only overrides text (and for now worldgen).  Load up a fort, and you'll see it's OK.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

RosenJanus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 30, 2014, 07:22:10 pm »

In the launcher under the "Graphics" tab in the Advanced section the Print Mode will be currently set to TWBT or some such. Switch it to 2D mode and that will turn it off. Also to note the graphics pack will work when you actually get into the game. What you are seeing is basically it switching out the graphics pack on the menus to ASCII because in general clear letters are easier to read then having the 'O's replaced with a fancy pillar symbol and the '.' replaced with what is basically a blank bit of slightly off color area to make the ground look nicer.

I understand the reasoning.. I typically got around this with TrueType. So setting to 2D will great rid of this behavior?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1610 on: October 30, 2014, 07:25:14 pm »

TWBT needs it's own special setting to work so changing the Print Mode to be something other then TWBT (2D is just the default normal setting) will turn TWBT off. Though as I said somewhat in a round about way and PeridexisErrant said in a much better fashion, it is only ASCII in the menus, your normal view in game will be with the tileset. If you do want the menus to be in the tileset I must admit a curiosity as to why you want it so as ASCII is easier to read.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

RosenJanus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 30, 2014, 07:43:24 pm »

TWBT needs it's own special setting to work so changing the Print Mode to be something other then TWBT (2D is just the default normal setting) will turn TWBT off. Though as I said somewhat in a round about way and PeridexisErrant said in a much better fashion, it is only ASCII in the menus, your normal view in game will be with the tileset. If you do want the menus to be in the tileset I must admit a curiosity as to why you want it so as ASCII is easier to read.
I'm used to it. So used to it that worldgen map (and the map at the side of the screen) is just..horribly hard to read in anything other than the tileset.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1612 on: October 30, 2014, 08:14:59 pm »

Ah, that is a good reason. I must admit to being almost the opposite. I can barely read the dang map with anything but ASCII. It was sort of a self feeding thing where I didn't use tilesets because it was hard to read and thus go even more familiar with the ASCII making me want to use tilesets even less. I have been getting over it because I do YouTube videos and I like to make videos people like so tilesets is the best way to go.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 30, 2014, 09:18:50 pm »

You can use TWBT_LEGACY to do world gen with the tileset then after you've embarked exit the game and switch to TWBT mode because the legacy version doesn't have all the features of the newer mode I'd much rather a third option where you get both world gen and regular twbt mode.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 30, 2014, 10:44:46 pm »

An optional third tileset for world maps is planned.
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1615 on: October 31, 2014, 03:46:33 am »

An optional third tileset for world maps is planned.

I even tried to implement it and already wrote that resized to the size of text tiles it looks like shit so I didn't release it. Now I'm thinking about dynamically changing grid size on world map screens, otherwise I don't know what to do.

Lanie

• Bay Watcher
  • A young philosopher playing DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 31, 2014, 06:14:43 am »

I guess i missed something: When will the new version 40.14 LNP arrive?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1617 on: October 31, 2014, 06:37:56 am »

When Therapist and DFHack are updated so no ETA on this end

Lanie

• Bay Watcher
  • A young philosopher playing DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 31, 2014, 07:26:16 am »

ty. :) i guess Therapist will take a while, cause of the new emotions?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 31, 2014, 08:11:47 am »

ty. :) i guess Therapist will take a while, cause of the new emotions?

An emotion-less temporary patch is available, but the full version could take a while.  I'm now planning to put up a pre-release 40.14 version early next week, to hold us over until a DFHack update for a release in the stable channel. 
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 385