Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109128 times)

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded LNP - a single download with everything (r38)
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2013, 10:48:00 am »

[...]
All the bin patches are already set up in this, [...]
Damn it and I typed them in every time I started DF. >_<

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2013, 01:34:40 pm »

I'm just saying that the LNP launcher seems to reset the settings to default as it did that once already, so I'm going to launch directly from the DF exe itself.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2013, 02:33:22 pm »

I'm just saying that the LNP launcher seems to reset the settings to default as it did that once already, so I'm going to launch directly from the DF exe itself.

The settings do reset to default when you change a graphic pack, otherwise that shouldn't be happening. Is this what you see?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2013, 03:00:00 pm »

The settings do reset to default when you change a graphic pack, otherwise that shouldn't be happening. Is this what you see?

It's possible I might have forgotten to save it since I did a relaunch through the launcher and it was fine.

I do get an error when loading up a world, but I think that might be soundsense related. I also get an error when I try to use the removewear command.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2013, 10:02:08 pm »

Actually my experience, with the Java LNP launcher, as of r36, was that if there was any problem with a launch, for example a user abort, then the LNP seemed to set everything it has defaults for (or, at the least, init.txt & dfinit.txt, but I remember thinking it was "everything" though not exactly why I thought that) back to the LNP defaults.

Which actually relates to my reason for this visit to the thread, whilst I do appreciate everything that is being done for us in the continued maintenance of the (Expanded) LNP, I would like to make a feature request, specifically, would it be possible to add a button or option to the Java launcher to let one redefine the "Defaults" it uses as being your current configuration? (I write current config to wherever "defaults" are stored rather than the reverse), 'cos I make enough changes that I don't usually remember to copy everything across when upgrading, & as mentioned above, have enough of a tendency to trigger the Java launcher to reset my adjustments to oblivion that I still (rarely) use the "old" style launcher (& also have the old dfinit utility installed too) even when not upgrading.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:03:51 pm by JAFANZ »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2013, 10:33:12 pm »

@everyone, about the settings issue - I don't really know what's happening here, and it hasn't happened to me yet.  The old windows-only LNP still has feature parity, so if you're having problems I suggest going back to that (non configurable links and folders menus, but might be more stable). 

@JAFANZ - thanks ^_^.    The LNP program is actually not my work at all; but the good news is that configurable default settings is one of the items on the to do list.  Another is to keep settings when changing graphics packs, so between those you should get what you're after. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2013, 01:47:16 am »

Good News! Thank you! & Thanks for keeping the LNP idea alive!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded LNP - a single download with everything (r39)
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2013, 07:48:37 pm »

New version up, with two new utilities and a new version of Dwarf Therapist!  Handle announcements differently with DFMon, enjoy the new health interface in Therapist, and work out how to play DF multiplayer over the internet with dfterm3 (requires some setup)

Changelog: 
r39
 - Added new utility: DFMon V0.5 - handles announcements
 - Upgraded to the new Dwarf Therapist (now 20.6); it has... actually too much to list here, see the patch notes for v20.6 and suffice to say it's an upgrade: https://code.google.com/r/splintermind-attributes/
 - Added dfterm3:  enables multiplayer DF over the internet; requires some fiddling to work though I've minimised it with another batch script :)
 - removed DF Designator to keep pack size within limit - Quickfort and Chromafort cover the functionality and are arguably superior in speed and power
 Donations here.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2013, 03:38:56 pm »

Could You add Nagidal's 24x24?
Also, the graphics are broken if I try to add it myself
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:42:18 pm by Again_Dejavu »
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2013, 05:52:59 pm »

If I started adding tilesets, there's no good place to stop. 

You should be able to add it yourself though - download the image, and stick it in the ASCII folder under LNP\graphics, then edit the init files in that folder to point to (eg) Nagidal24x24shade.png.  Now you can switch back and forward to this instead of the standard ASCII.  The wiki has a decent overview of tilesets.
 Donations here.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2013, 05:52:36 pm »

The entire graphics folder just disappears if I edit anything

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2013, 06:51:46 pm »

If you're changing the folder name you need to edit the LNP config (LNP\lnp.yaml) to add the renamed folder to the list.  THis shouldn't be required if the only change you make is the tileset insertion and init edit.  If the folder is actually being deleted, I've got no idea. 

Maybe try using the old GUI?
 Donations here.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2013, 07:33:34 pm »

Try it. Add a new folder and you'll see what I mean. It's a major bug

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2013, 07:48:29 pm »

Got it working, but that isn't a straightforward method- the folder tells you to change lnp.properties as opposed to lnp.yaml
Also, doing it the wrong way shouldn't delete the folder

TheSlimeGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2013, 08:55:45 pm »

Thanks Peridexis for your continuance of LNP and thanks to all past contributors.  Very handy.
"Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 385