Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098376 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_14 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1665 on: November 08, 2014, 07:54:58 am »

What would be really funny is if 40.16 is released in just a moment.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 08, 2014, 11:52:32 am »

This version works splendidly. Thanks for the stepladders! And for working so hard.

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: November 08, 2014, 12:23:56 pm »

You're my hero, Peridexis.

Not only that, but your work is the only way I can talk new people into trying this game. lol

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 09, 2014, 12:35:50 am »

You're my hero, Peridexis.

Not only that, but your work is the only way I can talk new people into trying this game. lol

If it wasn't for this pack, his work, and a pcgamer article series called "A newbie plays dwarf fortress" I dont think I ever would have gotten into it.  The complexity is absolutely amazing but the initial learning curve, made even worse by my color blindness, rouuugghhh.  Thanks to this pack though it REALLY helped me get started and babied me in all the right ways so I could play and learn and not just hit wall after wall after wall of struggle.

Is there a specific reason though that the pack is always a version behind vanilla release?  Not that it seems to matter all that much, just wondering if its on purpose for a reason and what that reason is, or it just happens that way.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1669 on: November 09, 2014, 12:54:10 am »

It isn't that it is specifically a version behind. For a while there it was on par (made it up to r5 on one version). The reason it takes a while to update to the latest is because a few of the utilities that are a part of the pack can take a while to update and the version before last updated quite a bit of the behind the scene stuff (emotions and what not) so both Therapist and DFHack took a good bit of time to update. At the start of this update cycle the pack would update with or with out those but since we are far enough along the curator of this pack has decided to wait for them. Eventually the pack will catch up with the current version though as the running joke states, when the pack updates it probably means a new version of vanilla will be coming in the next few of hours.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 09, 2014, 01:07:41 am »

The complexity is absolutely amazing but the initial learning curve, made even worse by my color blindness, rouuugghhh.  Thanks to this pack though it REALLY helped me get started and babied me in all the right ways so I could play and learn and not just hit wall after wall after wall of struggle.

Is there a specific reason though that the pack is always a version behind vanilla release?  Not that it seems to matter all that much, just wondering if its on purpose for a reason and what that reason is, or it just happens that way.

Colorblindness:  there's some pretty cool color schemes coming out now especially to help with this, thanks to the PyLNP's color scheme switcher.  See the ones with 'colorblind' in the name here.

The pack being behind - it's not deliberate, just how the components happened to update this time.  Basically we had a big feature release, which required a lot of work for DFHack, and then at about the same time Toady updated DF again.  The pack should catch up soon though.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: November 09, 2014, 03:00:44 am »

The complexity is absolutely amazing but the initial learning curve, made even worse by my color blindness, rouuugghhh.  Thanks to this pack though it REALLY helped me get started and babied me in all the right ways so I could play and learn and not just hit wall after wall after wall of struggle.

Colorblindness:  there's some pretty cool color schemes coming out now especially to help with this, thanks to the PyLNP's color scheme switcher.  See the ones with 'colorblind' in the name here.

The pack being behind - it's not deliberate, just how the components happened to update this time.  Basically we had a big feature release, which required a lot of work for DFHack, and then at about the same time Toady updated DF again.  The pack should catch up soon though.

heeey awesome!  Sooo many games ignore us colorblind folks and it can really make a game unplayable.  I've never been able to enjoy tetris style puzzle games if they use color instead of shape because so many look to similiar and I cant match em.  Not much if a problem in DF but I do have some issues when trying to mine through certain materials or sometimes try to build some stuff the same color like using all cobalite or whatever, then mess up by using some other similiar blue hued stone. 

Do I just download the text file from taht link that I want, and drop it into the LNP/colors folder?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 09, 2014, 03:04:06 am »

Yep!  Don't forget to re-apply them whenever you change graphics pack ;D
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_15 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #1673 on: November 09, 2014, 07:48:31 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_15 r1!  As usual, you can get it here.

It's just like the last pack, except now it has DF 40.15, with all the many bugfixes it brings.  40.15 also has some long-awaited upgrades to the interface including the trading UI, alphabetising various lists, gem encrusting, and more.  Strike the earth!

Changelog:
** updated Dwarf Fortress to version 40.15
 - no changes needed to graphics packs
 - updated DFHack to 40.15-r1
 - updated exportlegends script again
 - updated TwbT to v5.31
 - updated default settings

MD5:  5E2E6385F7201377F4C8397B5618D52D
 Donations here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: November 09, 2014, 08:40:49 am »

Woo! I'll be playing this after work today.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

boysfromthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • two years in and still a noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: November 09, 2014, 08:45:31 am »

As always PeridexisErrant many thanks for your continued tireless work on the LNP, without it so many of us would be lost.
Great idea on the update notification pop up when starting the LNP...seems like everytime i boot up i get another note telling to update. Which is no bad thing.
Thanks again, will always be endebted to you

MIC132

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 09, 2014, 10:27:33 am »

Game crashes just after embark/load. Apparently even before twbt has time to process tilepack, as map shows in tiles when it freezes.

Silpion81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: November 09, 2014, 10:50:21 am »

Seems to be TWBT, setting the print mode to 2D works fine.

Another minor bug: DFhack complains that it has to use the init-example.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 09, 2014, 12:29:31 pm »

How do I set the print mode to 2D?

If it weren't for the horrible, rampant depression, I'd play this version happily.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 09, 2014, 02:00:04 pm »

Soundsense is not working for me I think or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 385