Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4107318 times)

RedDwarfStepper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_15 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #1680 on: November 09, 2014, 03:22:13 pm »

Seems to be TWBT, setting the print mode to 2D works fine.

Another minor bug: DFhack complains that it has to use the init-example.

Have a try with
[PRINT_MODE:TWBT_LEGACY]
in
\data\init\init.txt
which works for me, albeit looking very much legacy.

When using
[PRINT_MODE:TWBT]
I get the following error
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity MOUNTAIN
Unrecognized entity tool token: ITEM_TOOL_STEPLADDER

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: November 09, 2014, 03:47:27 pm »

How do I set the print mode to 2D?

If it weren't for the horrible, rampant depression, I'd play this version happily.

There's a Print Mode button on the Graphics tab in PyLNP (in the Advanced section) which cycles through the available options (2D, STANDARD, TWBT and TWBT_LEGACY).

vexxice

• Bay Watcher
  • Traveling at the speed of Urist (not that fast)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 09, 2014, 05:24:35 pm »

Yeah i'm also getting the "df hack is not configured" message. Any ideas other than switching the print mode? Should I copy the dfhack_init from the previous pack?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 09, 2014, 05:58:23 pm »

The print mode has nothing to do with the "DFHack is not configured" message - that message states that the dfhack.init file is missing.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: November 09, 2014, 06:14:36 pm »

Apologies to all on the bug front - these things happen when a rapid release schedule meets finals week. 

The DFHack configuration warning can safely be ignored; or you can rename "dfhack.init-example" to "dfhack.init".  The TwbT crash can be avoided by setting print mode to 2D (in init.txt, or the graphics tab).  I'll put a fixed release up once a TwbT fix is available.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1685 on: November 09, 2014, 06:29:13 pm »

Apologies to all on the bug front - these things happen when a rapid release schedule meets finals week. 

The DFHack configuration warning can safely be ignored; or you can rename "dfhack.init-example" to "dfhack.init".  The TwbT crash can be avoided by setting print mode to 2D (in init.txt, or the graphics tab).  I'll put a fixed release up once a TwbT fix is available.

5.32 is ready.
Sorry to say but I hope you'll try to run in before releasing next time - I'm saying that I test it only on OS X and I mean it, and now I feel guilty for end users getting crashes each time I make a mistake in any of 30 addresses I need to update for each version.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: November 09, 2014, 06:54:13 pm »

Hey Peridexis is the last version available for download on your site somewhere?  I nuked my copy of DF before work yesterday with plans to install 14_r2 when I got home.  Fell asleep instead after a hell night, woke up to 15 r1 but it seems there are some issues. :D  Figured Id just install a version or two back then realized I dont have the zip anywhere.  The torrent list in your main post is quite a few versions old.

If I have to I can just wait until you fix this current one, but I'd rather play nownownownownownow ;)

./stickthatDFneedleinmyarm

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: November 09, 2014, 07:02:02 pm »

5.32 is ready.
Sorry to say but I hope you'll try to run in before releasing next time - I'm saying that I test it only on OS X and I mean it, and now I feel guilty for end users getting crashes each time I make a mistake in any of 30 addresses I need to update for each version.

Entirely my fault for releasing without enough testing - and your warnings are quite clear.

Hey Peridexis is the last version available for download on your site somewhere? 

If I have to I can just wait until you fix this current one, but I'd rather play nownownownownownow ;)
Always keep a backup, etc  ::)  There's a cunningly concealed dropbox link under "mirrors" at the top of this thread, or you can wait 20 minutes for me to test this time and 40.15 r2 will be up :)
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_15 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1688 on: November 09, 2014, 07:14:57 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_15 r2!  As usual, you can get it here.

Not much to say beyond "fixed a crash bug I didn't test for", except maybe "forgot to configure DFHack".  Oops.  On a more positive note, there are a couple of new color schemes which should help out any colorblind players.  Strike the earth!

Changelog:
 - fixed dfhack configuration
 - refreshed color schemes; wider selection now includes colorblind support
 - updated TwbT to v5.32; fixes crash bug

MD5:  A9A521FFFC0DE81170C09D90573D85E9
 Donations here.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 09, 2014, 07:33:55 pm »

I keep getting a network error when I try to download this.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: November 09, 2014, 09:10:28 pm »

Awesomesauce.  Almost done downloading the latest w/fixes and bonus colorblind support. wooo.  Finally my dwarves can see Christmas!

Spookycoconut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: November 09, 2014, 11:39:03 pm »

[Solved]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:55:26 am by Spookycoconut »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: November 10, 2014, 12:54:19 am »

When I go to the site to download it, it says there is a virus on the site. Is this true? Plus when I try to download it it fails.
Depending on which antivirus you use, it might not like the package simply because it's new (has not been downloaded by many of that antivirus's users).  When you can download it, just say you trust the software and it should be able to run (because PE would never do anything to harm your machine).  When enough users do that, the antivirus software will "recognize" it as legitimate software.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Spookycoconut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: November 10, 2014, 12:55:58 am »

Also. Is there a way that I can set the menu and text graphics pack to my graphics pack?

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: November 10, 2014, 04:23:04 am »

I love you PeridexisErrant
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 385