Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113079 times)

Burakin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_15 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1710 on: November 11, 2014, 02:54:47 am »

Hey,

Just imported a clean world generated in 40_14 to 40_15 r2 (the embarked site gave weird grahical errors).
I re-embarked on the same site. Which solved the graphical weirdness. Using a reveal command in dfhack consistently crashes df though.

Havent been able to troubleshoort it any further.

B

paxy97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: November 11, 2014, 07:57:47 am »

Hey,

Just imported a clean world generated in 40_14 to 40_15 r2 (the embarked site gave weird grahical errors).
I re-embarked on the same site. Which solved the graphical weirdness. Using a reveal command in dfhack consistently crashes df though.

Have you updated your saves from the launcher after importing them? If not, open the LNP launcher and you'll find a button under graphics which says "Update savegames". Click it and you're ready to go
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:12:22 am by paxy97 »
Don't Panic!

Burakin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 11, 2014, 12:44:54 pm »

yes i did.

I just switched graphics and updated again manually. Same thing. 'reveal' crashes instantly.

B

edit: re-embarked again with graphics sets different and twbt not in lgacy mode while embarking. same result.

next up: taking the seed and regenerating in .15

done: when re-generating the world in 40_15 and ambarking on the same place the problem does not re-occur.
world and savegame protability is broken between .14 and .15 due to unknown reasons.

Further testing shows that old savegame also crashed when zooming out to much- problem slved in the same manner.

I lack to knowledge to dig deeper, but another twbt / tileset / new item raw thing?

edit: spoke to soon: more crashed. havent reproduced what causes it. Might be tileset switch.

B
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:12:08 pm by Burakin »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: November 11, 2014, 05:44:40 pm »

If you're having problems with graphics, it would help enormously if you could post some screenshots of before and after each change.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: November 11, 2014, 06:18:53 pm »

I'm a little out of context, but is there a way to increase font size?
There is a TTF option... it doesn't seem to work... or is it me?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: November 11, 2014, 06:20:29 pm »

TTF is incompatible with the Text will be Text plugin; you can zoom text on the main menu or use a larger text tileset.
 Donations here.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: November 11, 2014, 06:27:04 pm »

TTF is incompatible with the Text will be Text plugin; you can zoom text on the main menu or use a larger text tileset.

That explain, thanks!

Silpion81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: November 12, 2014, 01:28:46 am »

Some parts of DFhack seem to be broken.

gui/mechanisms: Everything on the right side works but the map does not show the bridges. It shows most tiles covered by black and scrolling around looks weird. This can be reverted by scrolling up to above ground which sets a valid tile on the whole screen.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: November 12, 2014, 06:59:32 am »

Does it work if you disable TwbT?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Burakin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 12, 2014, 07:23:30 am »

If you're having problems with graphics, it would help enormously if you could post some screenshots of before and after each change.

Hey,

That bit got solved. I tried to reproduce it for you but I didnt manage to. Should have grabbed a few screenies when it happened. What it looked like was all tiles reverting
to base colorschemes fully skipping the tileset all together (in white and green which was most likely due to green embark with snow)

The trouble im trying to fix now is instant crash (nearly) every time I use the reveal command. This is before even playing a day.

Ive tried two other embarks on the same world map. They have given me no issue.

If you want i can do you with a save file and a screenshot of the embark position. just let me know what way is convenient.

in response to later replies: yep it also did it without twbt.

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: November 12, 2014, 07:43:13 am »

Peridexis, I wondered what you would think of the idea to include a switch for different fonts in the Starter Pack launcher?

I found the Curse font that TWBT defaults to atm hard to read and LeoCean helped me to replace it with my old favorite font:
Well you can go here https://github.com/fricy/Spacefox/tree/master/data/art and just download the spacefox_text one then go to your init.txt in Dwarf Fortress 0.40.xx\data\init and change the font and Fullfont to =  [FONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png], [FULLFONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png].
It worked great with Phoebus' font, too. The text file that is already in the Starter Pack works fine.

I have no idea how much work that would be on your end and if you and other players would be interested in it. It helped me a great deal though.

Thanks a lot for keeping the Starter Pack updated! I tested vanilla 14_15 and only then realized how comfy it is to have all mods and features in one preconfigured pack. Awesome!  :D
Just kids...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: November 12, 2014, 02:33:14 pm »

Peridexis, I wondered what you would think of the idea to include a switch for different fonts in the Starter Pack launcher?

I found the Curse font that TWBT defaults to atm hard to read and LeoCean helped me to replace it with my old favorite font:
Well you can go here https://github.com/fricy/Spacefox/tree/master/data/art and just download the spacefox_text one then go to your init.txt in Dwarf Fortress 0.40.xx\data\init and change the font and Fullfont to =  [FONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png], [FULLFONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png].
It worked great with Phoebus' font, too. The text file that is already in the Starter Pack works fine.

I have no idea how much work that would be on your end and if you and other players would be interested in it. It helped me a great deal though.

Thanks a lot for keeping the Starter Pack updated! I tested vanilla 14_15 and only then realized how comfy it is to have all mods and features in one preconfigured pack. Awesome!  :D
This would probably involve cramming in one selector for Graphics Font and another for Text Font when the print mode is TWBT or TWBT_LEGACY.  In any other print mode, the Text Font is grayed out.  Whether the selectors are both on-screen, shown by pulldown, or whatever is a UI choice.  Under the hood, all of the text fonts (which are actually single files) can be thrown in a single LNP/Fonts folder to make them visible to the launcher.

Plan ahead though, because eventually TWBT is going to support a Map Font as well. 
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: November 12, 2014, 06:20:00 pm »

I found the Curse font that TWBT defaults to atm hard to read and LeoCean helped me to replace it with my old favorite font.  t worked great with Phoebus' font, too. The text file that is already in the Starter Pack works fine.
This would probably involve cramming in one selector for Graphics Font and another for Text Font.

Plan ahead though, because eventually TWBT is going to support a Map Font as well.

https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp/issue/40/graphics-idea-multiple-tileset-support

Short form:  we're looking at doing something like this - basically a graphics sub-tab where you can select the FONT and GRAPHICS_FONT from the files in data/art/ - which would work in any print mode.  This would let you change TwbT text, use the tweaked graphics in graphics packs (eg diagonal walls version or larger tiles), and the ASCII graphics pack could become a massive tileset pack.  It's a simple change that could be useful in a whole heap of ways.

A TwbT map tileset will probably be configured outside of the vanilla DF init files, so it won't be covered here.
 Donations here.

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: November 12, 2014, 07:31:24 pm »

Short form:  we're looking at doing something like this - basically a graphics sub-tab where you can select the FONT and GRAPHICS_FONT from the files in data/art/ - which would work in any print mode.  This would let you change TwbT text, use the tweaked graphics in graphics packs (eg diagonal walls version or larger tiles), and the ASCII graphics pack could become a massive tileset pack.  It's a simple change that could be useful in a whole heap of ways.

Peridexis Errant has produced a ☼LNP Plan☼!
Urist McJessep has organized a party at the platinum table.
Just kids...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1724 on: November 13, 2014, 06:05:16 am »

I don't know why Toady has it out for you guys but every time you release something or apparently even plan something he releases a new version, we are now up to 40.16
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 385