Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112221 times)

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_15 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1725 on: November 13, 2014, 06:30:06 am »

I don't know why Toady has it out for you guys but every time you release something or apparently even plan something he releases a new version, we are now up to 40.16
I smell conspiracy.

EDIT: How the hell did I manage to double post... I feel shame.

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: November 13, 2014, 11:06:25 am »

Do I need to gen a new world for 40.16? Tnx.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: November 13, 2014, 11:34:23 am »

I smell conspiracy.
No, you're going about this all wrong.  This is not a bug... it's a weaponizable feature.

PE, you need to commit to daily updates of the Starter Pack!  :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: November 13, 2014, 12:24:42 pm »

How the hell did I manage to double post... I feel shame.
I know that feeling, just report it to a mod and he/she will erase it.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: November 13, 2014, 04:52:15 pm »

I don't know why Toady has it out for you guys but every time you release something or apparently even plan something he releases a new version, we are now up to 40.16
I smell conspiracy.
No, you're going about this all wrong.  This is not a bug... it's a weaponizable feature.

PE, you need to commit to daily updates of the Starter Pack!  :)
I don't want to risk it - what if this is the kind of magic that vanishes when you try to exploit it, like the Golden Goose?  Or when you try to prove it exists, like a portal to Narnia?  Updates will come when they're ready  ;D

Do I need to gen a new world for 40.16? Tnx.
Nope, you can just copy the save over.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Xeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: November 13, 2014, 07:31:13 pm »

Well, unfortunatelly I have very strange error related to your pack but dunno how much.  When I play vanilla with Therapist only everything works fine.
When I use your pack with DFhack sometimes after hour, sometimes after two hours of playing my keyboard get stuck  and nothing responds. No keys, I can even plug/unplug  - its dead. I can only turn on/off light like NumLock etc. Game running, mouse working, keyboard dead.
In window mode I can close DF with mouse (in fullscreen I mapped  necessary keys to my multiple mouse buttons to be able save game when it happens.)
Strange is, keyboard is dead when I close DF and I need logout from windows or  reboot to get it working again.

Using Windows7 pro X64  (all updates installed), all firmware updated, kaspersky internet security, keyboard is Steelseries Apex Raw. My rig is good enough to deal with DF (I5 3470,16GB ram, no overclocking)
Playing some recent games with high hardware requirements, using lots of applications . No problems so far only with DF run throught your pack (both launchers)

All 40.x versions affected :(, last pack I tried is Dwarf Fortress 40_14 Starter Pack r2.

Might it be related to DFhack editing memory blocks which my keyboard driver/antivirus software might not like?

Anyone else have such issue as well? Thanx for any help or advice.   

I have no problem so far to play it on Dell laptop W7 pro X64 /I7/8GB ram using laptop keyboard.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: November 14, 2014, 04:55:40 am »

Are you running any special software that is specific to your keyboard?  A lot of nice gaming keyboards have utliities and such that come with them to enable different macro's or functions and that could be conflicting somehow with the way DFhack interfaces with the memory addressing, or something along those lines.

Xeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: November 14, 2014, 08:24:52 am »

Are you running any special software that is specific to your keyboard?  A lot of nice gaming keyboards have utliities and such that come with them to enable different macro's or functions and that could be conflicting somehow with the way DFhack interfaces with the memory addressing, or something along those lines.

Yeah, this keyboard using own "steelseries engine" to enable macro key and advanced functions.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: November 15, 2014, 04:01:21 am »

Sorry for derailing the thread further away from the pack, but in response to the keyboard issue, you should try completely uninstalling all the special software for the keyboard.  You want to get it back to as close of a generic windows keyboard state as possible, then test to see if thats where the problem lies.   I'm going to guess that is most likely where the issue is but without some testing on your side its impossible to say.  Also make sure you check that you have the very latest and greatest drivers and software available from your manufacturer.  This goes for more then just keyboards as video drivers are known problem children as well (not specifically to DF or anything, just in general on PC's)

Hope this helps

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: November 15, 2014, 09:35:09 am »

Peridexis, any chance the thingy that auto-imports from one LNP to the other could grab already-made changes to keybinds? I have to make these changes everytime, so I was just wondering.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: November 15, 2014, 09:59:31 am »

You could copy data/init/interface.txt manually, although that could be dangerous if there were changes in keybindings (as there were in 0.40.14).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: November 15, 2014, 10:06:35 am »

For now, no - as noted above there are often changes that raise compatibility issues. I'm aware of the issue though, and I do plan to look for better update solutions in the next few months over my break.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: November 16, 2014, 05:35:15 am »

any chance you will be popping in the new .16 version soon?  Stress is muurrrrderrrriong my poor fort in .15 :D

Urist mc'whiner beats Urist Mcslobberface to death ..   x55
etc

abuxavier

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: November 16, 2014, 01:17:47 pm »

Is there a setting I need to enable or disable to see more than '?' for the prompt boxes in-game?  For example, when I go to enter the game, a prompt box pulls up and all of the options have a '?' instead of 'a' or 'e' or 'x' or whatever keystroke I'm supposed to be making.  For many of them I can get past on muscle memory, but I'm trying to learn workflow and I don't know which options do what yet.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: November 16, 2014, 01:21:16 pm »

It's a known bug in the Windows version (and it's not just manipulator). Find the "<symbol-table name='v0.40.15 SDL' os-type='windows'>" line in <DF>/hack/symbols.xml and add this line under it:
Code: [Select]
<global-address name='keydisplay' value='0x181C170'/>
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 385