Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4110283 times)

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_16 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #1770 on: November 20, 2014, 01:08:57 pm »

Im still having problems getting my logitech mouse profile for DF to load up with LNP. If i set the profile to persistent in the logitech software, the profile then works within DF perfectly. Unfortunately this is not a great solution as it then locks and uses this same profile in everything in windows from thereon in.

I downloaded and ran the vanilla DF with the very same profile pointed at the Dwarf Fortress.exe in that folder and it had no issue whatsoever with recognizing and attaching the profile to that.

So...

It seems to me that perhaps dfhack (or something else) is running as some sort of overlay which takes precedence over any executable i have tried to attach this profile to, though i cant for the life of me find it. I have tried attaching the profile to every .exe within the LNP folder (aside from the ones in the utilities subfolder) these include:

dfhack-run.exe
binpatch.exe
Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe
Dwarf Fortress.exe
optipng.exe

Still no work...

I then used comodo killswitch to see if it was hooking into anything which was no so apparent and found DF hooking into C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe it was a long stretch, but i was running out of ideas, so i also tried including this, but still no joy.

Im all out of ideas, does anyone know why the profile is not loading with LNP, or perhaps what file i should be getting the profile to attach to ?

(ill add that i had no problems with the profile loading with "Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5" it just seems to be these newer ones)

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 20, 2014, 01:13:17 pm »

You got owned by Toady, again. Starter Pack .16 out, .17 released. I really think someone is really evil here!
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: November 20, 2014, 01:14:41 pm »

You got owned by Toady, again. Starter Pack .16 out, .17 released. I really think someone is really evil here!

Might be Toady trying to prove that he is always step ahead and no one can rival him?
Not really.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 20, 2014, 01:29:51 pm »

Im still having problems getting my logitech mouse profile for DF to load up with LNP. If i set the profile to persistent in the logitech software, the profile then works within DF perfectly. Unfortunately this is not a great solution as it then locks and uses this same profile in everything in windows from thereon in.

The right executable is indeed Dwarf Fortress.exe - that's the one PyLNP launches.

Since I have a G510 keyboard, let me just check if I can reproduce...

Spoiler: Profile window (click to show/hide)

*clicks Play Dwarf Fortress in launcher*

Quote from: Keyboard display
Profile Activated
Dwarf Fortress 0.40.16

...nope, works perfectly here.

Are you sure you've picked the right Dwarf Fortress.exe? The profile window only shows the filename, but it checks the full path, so you need to add new executable paths manually.

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: November 20, 2014, 01:42:02 pm »

Yep, i am definitely pointing it to the Dwarf Fortress.exe in the correct folder. Just for completeness's sake i just tried deleting the profile and creating a fresh one from scratch, still does not work.

Its strange that it works with the older version of LNP and vanilla DF but just not these newer ones ??

edit: FYI, I'm pretty sure the logitech profiler checks the binary of the linked exe anyway, because if you replace the exe in the folder, the link in the profile it was attached to will disappear, forcing you to re-link it to the newer replacement exe file anyway.

Also, ill add that i am using the latest setpoint software from logitech.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:49:27 pm by 0ink3r »

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 20, 2014, 02:18:52 pm »

Also, ill add that i am using the latest setpoint software from logitech.

Ah, well, I'm referring to the Logitech Gaming Software (the G510 is a gaming keyboard, after all). That one only looks at the path (there's no other information in the profile).

I can't say anything about SetPoint; that's for "ordinary" mice, and I don't have one :P

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 20, 2014, 02:24:56 pm »

G700 is a 'gaming mouse'

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 20, 2014, 03:01:49 pm »

G700 is a 'gaming mouse'

It is, but this is the first time you said anything about using that particular model, or indeed any sort of gaming mouse (you've only mentioned using a Logitech mouse).

Anyway, for gaming mice, you ought to be using Logitech Gaming Software - and if you are, then I don't understand why you're mentioning SetPoint.

If you are indeed using LGS and you simply misspoke (fair enough), I would suggest checking the XML configuration used by LGS (right-click the profile and select Export), and there you can see the exact path it's looking for. You can then compare it with the one shown when you right-click the Dwarf Fortress process in Task Manager and select Properties.

The point is, there is nothing in PyLNP, the Starter Pack, DFHack, or DF itself which interferes with this; I'm pretty sure they *can't*.

Probe1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 20, 2014, 03:28:11 pm »

Heads up

When I launch Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe (40_16_r1) it pops up and says there is a new version available (version 42_16_r2).  The download link takes me
to 40_16_r1). 

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 20, 2014, 03:29:56 pm »

There is something odd with 40.16 r1. When downloaded and started it claims there is an r2 version available, but when accepting to download it brings up the r1 download page. Downloading again still claims there is an update. The archive claims the version it contains is r2, so I suspect whatever checks latest version vs starting version does a string check and find an r2 posted somewhere, but an r1 internally, leading to a constant claim a new version exists.
And everyone is eager to get their hot little mitts on the very latest version of this very useful pack!
Disregard, the version string on dffd has not been updated properly, there's no r2. Yet. :D
I expect it to be fixed once Perx takes a look here.
Yep, this is exactly the problem.  I wrote the version checking code that notifies you when there's a new version for download, but the only reasonable way to do it was to pull the "New Version" information directly from DFFD.  Since there is the typo on DFFD, then the notification will always pop up :(

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: November 20, 2014, 05:12:11 pm »

There is something odd with 40.16 r1. When downloaded and started it claims there is an r2 version available, but when accepting to download it brings up the r1 download page. Downloading again still claims there is an update. The archive claims the version it contains is r2, so I suspect whatever checks latest version vs starting version does a string check and find an r2 posted somewhere, but an r1 internally, leading to a constant claim a new version exists.
And everyone is eager to get their hot little mitts on the very latest version of this very useful pack!
Disregard, the version string on dffd has not been updated properly, there's no r2. Yet. :D
I expect it to be fixed once Perx takes a look here.
PE could bump the version number in the pack, and everything would fix itself.  And some future archeologist is going to beat his head against the wall trying to figure out where the improvement was that justified a new version number.

Or I could just fix the version number on DFFD, which I just did.  Sorry everyone!  (and it would be changelogged, ofc)

Might be Toady trying to prove that he is always step ahead and no one can rival him?
Not really.

We'll probably skip 40.17 entirely, since .18 fixes a critical bug.

I made a couple Consolas font tilesets for TWBT, in case anyone wants to try a modern monospaced font. I think it looks great.

Thx, added as text_16x20 and text_18x22.

Yay!  I'm currently finalising a pull request for the PyLNP, the (relevant, it's a big one) result of which will be the images for the graphics pack, vanilla DF, and the Tilesets folder all get added.  Useful for TwbT and anything else where you want an image in every graphics pack.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: November 20, 2014, 07:02:08 pm »

G700 is a 'gaming mouse'

It is, but this is the first time you said anything about using that particular model, or indeed any sort of gaming mouse (you've only mentioned using a Logitech mouse).

Anyway, for gaming mice, you ought to be using Logitech Gaming Software - and if you are, then I don't understand why you're mentioning SetPoint.

If you are indeed using LGS and you simply misspoke (fair enough), I would suggest checking the XML configuration used by LGS (right-click the profile and select Export), and there you can see the exact path it's looking for. You can then compare it with the one shown when you right-click the Dwarf Fortress process in Task Manager and select Properties.

The point is, there is nothing in PyLNP, the Starter Pack, DFHack, or DF itself which interferes with this; I'm pretty sure they *can't*.

Setpoint/LGS... Same thing, different era... Semantics... Anyway NVM...

I finally managed to get the profile to work, i tried extracting LNP to the default folder of 'Dwarf Fortress 40_16 Starter Pack r1' and the profile now loads up with the Dwarf Fortress.exe file as it should. No idea why this folder works and the previous folder of 'Dwarf Fortress' does not. Even when using the same profile on each of the installs...

Thanks for your help though, seems that .18 has just been dropped on us anyway =]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 07:03:42 pm by 0ink3r »

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 20, 2014, 10:41:57 pm »

hey what happened to the scripts make_legendary and elevate_physical?  I understand why the elevate_mental went away when the big switcharoo happened but not sure why these others just dissapeared this version?  Also armoks_blessing and at least one more that I cant remember the name off the top of my head.  All were related to raising/adjusting physical or mental stats or the level of a skill like mining or woodcutting.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 20, 2014, 11:23:07 pm »

Those are Vjek's scripts. I'm not sure if they work with recent versions of DFHack or not, but you're welcome to test them.

Also, PeridexisErrant: The versions of some of my scripts you're bundling are out-of-date (particularly load-screen and settings-manager). I'm not sure how best to inform you of updates, other than watching the repo, but I've seen a few reports of problems with load-screen that I've fixed.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 21, 2014, 02:03:28 am »

Those are Vjek's scripts. I'm not sure if they work with recent versions of DFHack or not, but you're welcome to test them.

Also, PeridexisErrant: The versions of some of my scripts you're bundling are out-of-date (particularly load-screen and settings-manager). I'm not sure how best to inform you of updates, other than watching the repo, but I've seen a few reports of problems with load-screen that I've fixed.

Thanks for the info and link.  I know they all worked or mostly worked (I can't say I've used every possible variable and option with all of them) in .14. 

I thought that since they dissapeared maybe they were just redundant and there was some other script included that did the same sort of things but I don't see a one, so I'll just install these back in manually.  Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 385