Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113020 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_16 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #1785 on: November 21, 2014, 02:10:04 am »

Those are Vjek's scripts. I'm not sure if they work with recent versions of DFHack or not, but you're welcome to test them.

Also, PeridexisErrant: The versions of some of my scripts you're bundling are out-of-date (particularly load-screen and settings-manager). I'm not sure how best to inform you of updates, other than watching the repo, but I've seen a few reports of problems with load-screen that I've fixed.

Ah, the irony... I dropped Vjeck's scripts because I didn't think they were up to date, and forgot to check yours...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

bsod.phantom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 21, 2014, 02:43:10 am »

40_16 R1 Torrent

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/11523720

It appears Salithus has gone AFK...is there some other archive for torrents?
(I can and will happily seed...but don't know how to set up the links for others)

I have been doing the recent torrents. I am currently seeding as far back as 40_13 R5, and can do further back if people want. I can also curate a torrent list if desired.

I will happily seed for whomever is posting them.  A seed list is nice, especially if it's easy to get to and you include the magnet link in the list.

I'm still seeding 40_13r4 from Salithus' list and even though it's outdated I still see peers getting it from me.  I suspect that most users hit the second post in the thread and then look at the mirrors and checksums to get the most recent.  Since this points to 40_13r4 from Salithus that's what many people are getting.

Perhaps PeridexisErrant could add you to that section similar to Salithus?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 21, 2014, 04:26:44 am »

If someone wants to maintain a table of links, I'm happy to link to that. I just don't want to have to update a link after every pack.
 Donations here.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 21, 2014, 02:55:11 pm »

....aaaaaaand there's 40.18. Armok be praised, they just keep coming!

Raligan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 21, 2014, 03:28:38 pm »

Here's a link to my google drive, the download speeds are fast and there's no bandwidth limit.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--ONOpD7ZScLXVlOHRjWmJCOEk/view?usp=sharing
That one points to 16 r1.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 21, 2014, 04:49:29 pm »

....aaaaaaand there's 40.18. Armok be praised, they just keep coming!
I hadn't realized PE was done with the 40.17r1 pack! :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

jgz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 21, 2014, 07:06:31 pm »

Ever since 40_16 r1 I have been getting a crash when i zoom all the way out.  It happens every time and does not do it in 40_15 r2.  Any idea what may be causing it or what mod/script i should look at to figure it out?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 21, 2014, 07:25:17 pm »

Ever since 40_16 r1 I have been getting a crash when i zoom all the way out.  It happens every time and does not do it in 40_15 r2.  Any idea what may be causing it or what mod/script i should look at to figure it out?

Initial hypothesis: TWBT?

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1793 on: November 21, 2014, 08:14:48 pm »

Indeed I can reproduce the problem, will fix.

Zerraforn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 21, 2014, 08:31:36 pm »

I seem to have a problem with the Starter Pack. It may or may not just be me being clueless in how to properly use it, but the Starter Pack Launcher(PyLNP).exe has an error whenever I try to use it, quoting "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to use this file." Now, I've gone into properties to try giving myself the 'permissions' it was talking about, but no dice. I've tried moving the Starter Pack to a number of different places (I never tried Program Files, as it's usually very restricting on the things inside of it anyway), I've tried using different versions of the Starter Pack, I've tried turning on DF and DFHack beforehand-- none of which fixed the problem. Am I missing something? I probably am, but either way, if someone knows how to rectify this, I'd very much appreciate it.  :)

(P.S I apologize in advance if this has been covered by someone else already.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:42:07 pm by Zerraforn »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1795 on: November 21, 2014, 08:53:33 pm »

Indeed I can reproduce the problem, will fix.

Should be fixed in twbt 5.34

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 21, 2014, 10:35:37 pm »

I seem to have a problem with the Starter Pack. It may or may not just be me being clueless in how to properly use it, but the Starter Pack Launcher(PyLNP).exe has an error whenever I try to use it, quoting "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to use this file." Now, I've gone into properties to try giving myself the 'permissions' it was talking about, but no dice. I've tried moving the Starter Pack to a number of different places (I never tried Program Files, as it's usually very restricting on the things inside of it anyway), I've tried using different versions of the Starter Pack, I've tried turning on DF and DFHack beforehand-- none of which fixed the problem. Am I missing something? I probably am, but either way, if someone knows how to rectify this, I'd very much appreciate it.  :)

(P.S I apologize in advance if this has been covered by someone else already.)
Check the log of your antivirus to see if it blocked an "untrusted" application, because sometimes it can cause an error like that.  the solution would be to explicitly trust the file.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 21, 2014, 10:54:41 pm »

...which will be in r2.
 Donations here.

Zerraforn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 21, 2014, 11:24:13 pm »

Check the log of your antivirus to see if it blocked an "untrusted" application, because sometimes it can cause an error like that.  the solution would be to explicitly trust the file.
After toying around with my anti-virus program and, fair enough, it worked. Thank you very much!  :D I'm glad to see how willing you guys are to help. When I start my Fortress, I will definitely name one of my Dwarves after you, Dirst. *tips hat at* Well done!

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 22, 2014, 06:50:22 am »

getting crashes when i want to build stuff with b, 16r1

Sometimes it crashes sometimes not.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 385