Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112340 times)

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_16 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1815 on: November 24, 2014, 04:15:43 pm »

Ohai, it's me again.

I like to play with Phoebus graphics with the default Phoebus font set but I get the Curse font instead. It's an easy fix in the init.txt, so no worries. The only thing that's annoying is that my fix gets overridden each time I change a setting like sound on/off in the launcher.

In 40_15 r2 the font stays the same so I assume that new behavior has something to do with the way the tilesets are managed in _16. Would it be possible to skip that part of the init since the tilesets require the user to actively install them?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:17:32 pm by Col_Jessep »
Just kids...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: November 24, 2014, 06:36:37 pm »

I'll have a look - the settings are meant to be independent.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: November 24, 2014, 08:40:23 pm »

Awesome, thanks!
Just kids...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yandapanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: November 25, 2014, 10:32:55 pm »

Man, I really wanna download this, but I also wanna wait until 40_18 r1 is ready because of the stress update.

You can use the "remove-stress" script, if that's the only worrying thing  :D

HOW HOW HOW!?!?! These horrid moods are driving me CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY!
-- Yanda

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: November 26, 2014, 02:03:50 am »

Type "remove-stress all" into the DFHack command prompt, or in the in-game console (ctrl-shift-P).
 Donations here.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: November 26, 2014, 02:53:27 am »

It's starting to look like 40.19 might be around the corner , Will the next release be .18 or is it more likely to be one that supports .19?

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: November 26, 2014, 05:40:48 am »

With the prospect of geldable animals in the future, we may finally see the end of pet populations exploding. Future generations will not know our struggle. Also, anyone care to bet on how long until someone figures out how to perform a "dwarven vasectomy" once the feature is implemented? On a more serious note, huge thanks to Toady and all of the people who make the add-ons in this pack. It's amazing how much more manageable DF is with the LNP installed.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: November 26, 2014, 06:16:09 am »

It's starting to look like 40.19 might be around the corner , Will the next release be .18 or is it more likely to be one that supports .19?
This depends entirely on the amazing work done by the DFHack people - but I expect we'll see 40.18 before the process starts again. 

With the prospect of geldable animals in the future, we may finally see the end of pet populations exploding. Future generations will not know our struggle. Also, anyone care to bet on how long until someone figures out how to perform a "dwarven vasectomy" once the feature is implemented?

On a more serious note, huge thanks to Toady and all of the people who make the add-ons in this pack. It's amazing how much more manageable DF is with the LNP installed.
As I understand it, it's a very simple change to the raws - so probably a matter of hours.

And thank you - it's great to see someone recognise that it's a community effort, and especially motivational  :D 
 Donations here.

Yandapanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: November 26, 2014, 11:29:31 am »

Type "remove-stress all" into the DFHack command prompt, or in the in-game console (ctrl-shift-P).

Thank you!!  :D
-- Yanda

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: November 26, 2014, 12:07:20 pm »

Thanks for a fantastic tool; I can't imagine going back to playing without this pack again.

One minor problem, though; although I have Phoebus installed, and it works perfectly in fortress mode, for some reason the world map in worldgen/embark, and in adventure mode, is still displaying in ASCII. I'm using Printmode: TWBT  with Truetype off, incase that's affecting things. Is there a way to change the world map's tileset to Phoebus while keeping TWBT active?
Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: November 26, 2014, 12:32:31 pm »

Thanks for a fantastic tool; I can't imagine going back to playing without this pack again.

One minor problem, though; although I have Phoebus installed, and it works perfectly in fortress mode, for some reason the world map in worldgen/embark, and in adventure mode, is still displaying in ASCII. I'm using Printmode: TWBT  with Truetype off, incase that's affecting things. Is there a way to change the world map's tileset to Phoebus while keeping TWBT active?
Yes, printmode TWBT is causing this.  People seem to be in two camps about map tiles: some want the ASCII (to avoid seeing statues and cabinets on the map) and others want the tactical tiles (for familiarity if nothing else).

You can use TWBT_LEGACY to get the maps to use the tactical tileset, but that probably disables some of the newer features.  Eventually, TWBT will designate a specific tileset for large-scale maps and you'll be able to pick an ASCII one, a tactical one, or even a purpose-built map one.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: November 26, 2014, 12:36:25 pm »

Yes, printmode TWBT is causing this.  People seem to be in two camps about map tiles: some want the ASCII (to avoid seeing statues and cabinets on the map) and others want the tactical tiles (for familiarity if nothing else).

You can use TWBT_LEGACY to get the maps to use the tactical tileset, but that probably disables some of the newer features.  Eventually, TWBT will designate a specific tileset for large-scale maps and you'll be able to pick an ASCII one, a tactical one, or even a purpose-built map one.
Ahhh, that is sad but not unexpected.
Thanks for the quick response. It's no big deal, I'll stick with TWBT, just thought I'd ask if it was possible.

Cheers :)
Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.

troy49er3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: November 26, 2014, 06:18:07 pm »

Any idea what could be causing this?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: November 26, 2014, 06:27:53 pm »

What exactly is the problem? If you're referring to the "TWBT: no display patch" line, that's expected behavior for the 0.40.16 build of TwbT.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 385