Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109827 times)

troy49er3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_16 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1830 on: November 26, 2014, 06:45:19 pm »

The words are freezing  on the screen when TWBT is enabled. The only way to get them to remove is to resize the window and the the graphics reshape. I thought it might have been something to do with the no display patch.

Fangren

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 26, 2014, 07:14:34 pm »

So I downloaded the starter pack earlier today, but when I tried to run the Starter Pack Launcher my antivirus told me it had a trojan and quarantined it. This, uh, seemed like something I should post about in the thread.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: November 26, 2014, 07:19:30 pm »

So I downloaded the starter pack earlier today, but when I tried to run the Starter Pack Launcher my antivirus told me it had a trojan and quarantined it. This, uh, seemed like something I should post about in the thread.

Well, I can assure you that it's not a problem - just a fairly new build of the PyLNP, and antivirus takes a little while to catch up.  That said, use your own judgement - I'm not a neutral source!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1833 on: November 26, 2014, 07:39:46 pm »

The words are freezing  on the screen when TWBT is enabled. The only way to get them to remove is to resize the window and the the graphics reshape. I thought it might have been something to do with the no display patch.

Indeed it likely is related.
Sorry I thought I could skip this patch because I hoped that dfhack for .17/.18 would be released shortly, but it seems there are problems without this patch, so this wasn't a good idea. I'll fix it soon.

troy49er3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 26, 2014, 11:05:37 pm »

Indeed it likely is related.
Sorry I thought I could skip this patch because I hoped that dfhack for .17/.18 would be released shortly, but it seems there are problems without this patch, so this wasn't a good idea. I'll fix it soon.

No need to apologize, us peasants are grateful for all you Devs hard work. Im just glad its not only me  :)

As for the quarantined Trojan, im getting it too. Its coming from buildingplan.dll. It seemed only malwarebytes was doing it, Avast said it was fine.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:06:14 am by troy49er3 »

Fangren

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: November 27, 2014, 12:54:53 am »

Well, I can assure you that it's not a problem - just a fairly new build of the PyLNP, and antivirus takes a little while to catch up.  That said, use your own judgement - I'm not a neutral source!

Thanks! I ended up updating the antivirus that was causing the problem (STOPzilla), but it still doesn't seem to recognize the Starter Pack Launcher .exe as anything other than a trojan. Hopefully that'll change soon especially since, like troy49er3, Avast hasn't shown any problems with the pack.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: November 27, 2014, 09:43:38 am »

ToadyOne is picking up the pace, at this rate you will lose the race. 0.40.19  8)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: November 27, 2014, 02:45:34 pm »

ToadyOne is picking up the pace, at this rate you will lose the race. 0.40.19  8)
To keep pace he'd have to release a pack once a week.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1838 on: November 27, 2014, 04:04:43 pm »

Don't know what most of the people need from dfhack, but I need only twbt and couple plugins like dwarf manipulator, mousequery and building plan.
I think the way to go is to release dfhack as soon as it can start and load some base plugins, list of which we define. And then dfhack devs can work on full support, which will be available for say each third/fifth df version.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 27, 2014, 04:16:57 pm »

Full support (i.e. all plugins working) is almost never a concern - the only release I can recall where this was a problem was 0.40.14, due to the thought/emotion changes breaking several plugins. The current issue is that nobody's bothered to run the update scripts yet, so nothing works in newer versions. Once those scripts are run, there are rarely broken plugins, so releasing a subset of "necessary" plugins isn't the way to go.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1840 on: November 27, 2014, 07:10:44 pm »

Full support (i.e. all plugins working) is almost never a concern - the only release I can recall where this was a problem was 0.40.14, due to the thought/emotion changes breaking several plugins. The current issue is that nobody's bothered to run the update scripts yet, so nothing works in newer versions. Once those scripts are run, there are rarely broken plugins, so releasing a subset of "necessary" plugins isn't the way to go.

Oh I thought the problem is that manual work is required to update changed structures, while basic globals and other never-changing things are processed automatically.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: November 27, 2014, 07:49:58 pm »

True, but most structure changes in minor releases (if any) are relatively easy to locate (I believe some are located semi-automatically, and others can easily be located from the DF changelog). There are occasional releases with limited functionality, such as 0.40.08, but plugins are usually easily updated. (Scripts are another matter - problems with them can't be caught at compile-time, so some scripts are likely broken.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: November 28, 2014, 02:25:07 am »

Don't know what most of the people need from dfhack, but I need only twbt and couple plugins like dwarf manipulator, mousequery and building plan.

I depend heavily on autobutcher and autonestbox in any fort with more then a handful of egg layers or breeding animals.

After that comes the external tools like IsoWorld, Dwarf Therapist and Stonesense.

DeathTBO

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 28, 2014, 02:56:18 pm »

I can't scale the PyLNP window vertically. Anyone else having this problem?

Piemaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: November 28, 2014, 03:10:54 pm »

Newbie question here - I assume the link in the OP is updated to be the latest version?
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 385