Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109959 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #2265 on: January 28, 2015, 04:00:56 pm »

Any reason why goblins are "ù" instead of "g"? At first I thought those were some plants.
 :P

Actually I don't think it's twbt doing that now that I checked with the latest version and a few tilesets and a save that had dead goblins lying around or in cages. If you are using a text tileset then yeah it makes sense why it's  "ù" instead of "g" because your raws were probably not updated and it's still using the same tile as what ever tileset you used before in the raws.
Exactly. ú is mapped to dead goblins in Phoebus based (Spacefox, Obsidian) sets.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: January 28, 2015, 07:10:23 pm »

Any reason why goblins are "ù" instead of "g"? At first I thought those were some plants.
 :P

Actually I don't think it's twbt doing that now that I checked with the latest version and a few tilesets and a save that had dead goblins lying around or in cages. If you are using a text tileset then yeah it makes sense why it's  "ù" instead of "g" because your raws were probably not updated and it's still using the same tile as what ever tileset you used before in the raws.
Exactly. ú is mapped to dead goblins in Phoebus based (Spacefox, Obsidian) sets.

I see. It makes sense now.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

zeke47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: January 29, 2015, 02:32:26 am »

Hey just wanted to say I really appreciate what you do, thanks for all the work you do I'm sure it means a lot to a ton of people!!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: January 29, 2015, 07:25:12 am »

Hey just wanted to say I really appreciate what you do, thanks for all the work you do I'm sure it means a lot to a ton of people!!
Many tons of people actually.

There's no real point to my post here, just bumping the thread over the rash of spam in the forum so the tons of people can find this thread.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: January 29, 2015, 10:18:35 am »

I haven't played since LNP was a thing, and I knew I had to install this to start playing again. It's very convenient to find all the utilities and features I couldn't remember using, plus stuff that I never needed except when I did, and then I was glad to have it instead of want it.

Hjalmar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: January 29, 2015, 02:07:41 pm »

Hi all!

After a break of two years I decided it was time finally time to play dwarf fortress again. Eagerly I downloaded the dwarf fortress 40_24 starter pack r2 but after unzipping it, I wasn´t able to launch PyLNP.exe. All i get is this error: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file".

I enabled full access for all users, executed as adminstrator and checked wether my firewall is might cause trouble. However none of these helped me solve the problem. The included current version of DF works, allready with a graphic-enhancement-mod enabled.

I was searching through the forum, but didn´t find solution - so any ideas what to do?

Many thanks & best regards

Hjalmar

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: January 29, 2015, 02:28:44 pm »

Hi all!

After a break of two years I decided it was time finally time to play dwarf fortress again. Eagerly I downloaded the dwarf fortress 40_24 starter pack r2 but after unzipping it, I wasn´t able to launch PyLNP.exe. All i get is this error: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file".

I enabled full access for all users, executed as adminstrator and checked wether my firewall is might cause trouble. However none of these helped me solve the problem. The included current version of DF works, allready with a graphic-enhancement-mod enabled.

I was searching through the forum, but didn´t find solution - so any ideas what to do?

Many thanks & best regards

Hjalmar
Your virus scanner probably nuked the executable because it is "new" and "untrusted" by their system.  You should be able to undo the action and explicitly trust the program, but the instructions for doing so vary pretty widely across antivirus systems.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: January 29, 2015, 05:53:08 pm »

ASCII VIEW?
I just created a new world with 40_24 r2
embarked and picked some random dwarf to inspect, hit Z to see state of mind and a huge "ASCII VIEW" window jumped on top of my screen and blocked out everything.  I dismissed it with [Enter] (after trying [esc]).
What the heck is that?

Evershifting

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: January 29, 2015, 06:16:14 pm »

Guys. I have a little problem =)

When i look into spreadsheet (u-l), I see my carpenter has "mining" enabled. When I try to switch it off, it immediately switches on. Is there some workaround for this?

I tried to disable all options at DFHack's tab in LNP-launcher, but it doesn't help. Only thing that allows me to disable mining manually is totally switching off dfhack, and loosing all good and helpful features (u-l panel, furniture planner, stockpiles...)

Sorry for my English, it's far from perfect =]

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: January 29, 2015, 06:29:50 pm »

ASCII VIEW?
I just created a new world with 40_24 r2
embarked and picked some random dwarf to inspect, hit Z to see state of mind and a huge "ASCII VIEW" window jumped on top of my screen and blocked out everything.  I dismissed it with [Enter] (after trying [esc]).
What the heck is that?

New script for extra item info - though it seems a little buggier than I thought, so I might disable the ascii view part...
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147707

When i look into spreadsheet (u-l), I see my carpenter has "mining" enabled. When I try to switch it off, it immediately switches on. Is there some workaround for this?

I tried to disable all options at DFHack's tab in LNP-launcher, but it doesn't help. Only thing that allows me to disable mining manually is totally switching off dfhack, and loosing all good and helpful features (u-l panel, furniture planner, stockpiles...)

Try disabling autolabor (with "autolabor 0").  And don't stress, your english is better than my ...any other language (and pretty good, too  :P).
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Evershifting

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: January 29, 2015, 06:34:59 pm »

Thanks!

You're my hero of the day :)

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: January 29, 2015, 11:38:57 pm »

Guys. I have a little problem =)

Sorry for my English, it's far from perfect =]

As was already mentioned thats the autolabor plugin.  I had the same problem when I started playing and being completely new to DF I had no idea at all how to even begin to find the problem or where it stemmed from. :D :D  That's what makes this forum awesomesauce for sure.   Back to autolabor, mine seems to always want the same number of people with mining enabled as I have picks.  The more picks end up in my storage the more people it sets to mining, which when you have a full house o dwarves isnt soooo bad, but because mining disables tons of other job choices it can be a headache.  Also once someone is a legendary miner I could never get autolabor to turn them into anything else. 

Now I know you can configure autolabor, but I never have nor looked into it.  I'd check that out if you want to use it but have issues with how it handles mining.   I just work around the way it handles mining because I love the way it helps micromange everything as a whole. 

Aranador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: January 30, 2015, 08:37:21 pm »

I have to admit - I would like it if all these nice non-core features were available to be turned on, but the pack would default to them off.

Or at the very least, the option to turn them off was easy to do without needing to know how to DFHack.

That is just my opinion though.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: January 30, 2015, 09:04:08 pm »

autolabor should not be enabled by default, although multiple people have reported a problem with this pack enabling it without warning. Evershifting (and others), have you ever toggled any autolabor-related options in the launcher?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: January 31, 2015, 12:00:02 am »

PeridexisErrant, nb_item_info script should have some sort of setup in LNP launcher. Is there a way to change script argumets using LNP menu? I think some people may be confused with currently unfinished ascii art. Now its better to leave it off by default.
Marital status manipulator
Custom item descriprions
Natural Balance Mod (2013-2015) development suspended...
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 385