Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109356 times)

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r44 - everything in one place
« Reply #255 on: December 29, 2013, 05:07:03 pm »

Hey there,
the folder [16x16] ASCII Square 0.34.11 needs to be renamed to [16x16] ASCII Default 0.34.11 or vice versa in the install graphics code.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 03, 2014, 11:56:09 am »

Hey there,
the folder [16x16] ASCII Square 0.34.11 needs to be renamed to [16x16] ASCII Default 0.34.11 or vice versa in the install graphics code.

I came here to report this same problem, I'm pretty sure. I can't get it to display ASCII graphics and original font. Some of us are fine with DF looking the way Toady intended it.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 03, 2014, 12:33:56 pm »

Altering the folder as Incantatar mentioned allowed it to be installed, but.... why the hell does it look like this?

Where are the proper symbols? How did this all get scrambled? Why no respect for ASCII, PeridexisErrant?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:39:00 pm by WJLIII3 »

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 03, 2014, 02:10:36 pm »

Got it fixed.

Syndic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 04, 2014, 11:51:31 am »

So, I'm using the LNP with the normal graphics (ASCII default option in the LNP starter IIRC, the "curses" files). Only trouble I'm having, all my pillars and the ends of single-tile smooth or constructed walls look ugly. instead of the vanilla O and ===O I'm used to, I'm getting ||- Pillars and Walls going ||===||

Is there any easy way for me as a modding-noob to fix this or will I have to get used to this uglyness if I want to play with the handy bugfixes that come with the LNP?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 04, 2014, 01:50:09 pm »

So, I'm using the LNP with the normal graphics (ASCII default option in the LNP starter IIRC, the "curses" files). Only trouble I'm having, all my pillars and the ends of single-tile smooth or constructed walls look ugly. instead of the vanilla O and ===O I'm used to, I'm getting ||- Pillars and Walls going ||===||
Is there any easy way for me as a modding-noob to fix this or will I have to get used to this uglyness if I want to play with the handy bugfixes that come with the LNP?
Go to data/init/d_init.txt, look for [PILLAR_TILE:199] and edit the line so it says [PILLAR_TILE:'O']

@WJLIII3 and everyone having the same problem: this is caused by some leftover files from another graphics pac like phobeus. It should be fixed by replacing the "raw/object" folder with an original (ascii) one, the one in the current LNP seems to be faulty atm.

Syndic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 04, 2014, 09:16:48 pm »

That did it, and so simple too - thanks  :D

nossr50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2014, 01:10:51 pm »

LNP installs Jolly Bastion incorrectly: http://imgur.com/a/FY72U

First image is ASCII default, second image is LNP Jolly Bastion, and third image is Jolly Bastion manual install.

Also, could you please include the 9x12 Jolly Bastion with the next LNP revision?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:20:53 pm by nossr50 »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 05, 2014, 03:13:03 pm »

@nossr50: Yeah, same problem as with the ASCII tileset - the raws are messed up, they are for a graphics tileset, and not for an ASCII one, so the mappings are messed up. :( Should be a quick fix when PeridexisErrant gets back.

- As for the second question: We can't provide an easy setup for every single tileset version, it is very easy to edit one line in the init.txt and load the 9x12 sheet, but it's a nightmare to provide like 6 settings for every single pack we include. The original files -should- be there in the download (I didn't check the latest LNP though, so I might be mistaken), but the launcher can't do what you ask at the moment without bloating the size of the download and messing up the interface. It's not a bad idea though, so I'll try to figure something out, but don't expect anything soon. :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 05, 2014, 06:41:56 pm »

We can't provide an easy setup for every single tileset version, it is very easy to edit one line in the init.txt and load the 9x12 sheet, but it's a nightmare to provide like 6 settings for every single pack we include. The original files -should- be there in the download (I didn't check the latest LNP though, so I might be mistaken)

Jolly Bastion actually provides a seperate pack for each size if you download the LNP-friendly version linked in the contents post (second of this thread).  While this means that it's not quite as simple as just changing one line in the config, it does make it very easy to add it to the pack yourself - just put the folder in LNP/graphics, and add an entry to LNP/lnp.yaml (a text file). 

For the reasons of size and maintainability mentioned by Fricy above (thanks for covering while I'm away!), I'm not going to add different versions of the graphics I already have - just look at the mess splitting out two ASCII packs has been...

---------------------------

I'll also try to fix the issues that it seems to have, along with the ASCII.  Maybe it'll work, this time...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 06, 2014, 02:11:23 am »

Unexpectedly - while home for ~25hrs - I've managed another update!  r45 is mostly composed of graphics fixes, all of which were ultimately caused by me misconfiguring stuff...

Changelog for r45: 
 - ASCII Square now uses the proper pillar tile (a capital 'O', instead of '||')
 - renamed the two LNP GUIs for clarity
 - fixed (I think) the issue with Jolly Bastion walls displaying wrong
 - updated displayed version number of Phoebus Graphics, overdue since... r12, it looks like. 
 - ASCII Default tileset is now *really* default, copied without edits from the vanilla download.  This means that it's settings are different to other packs. 
 - updated the data copying script a little (to handle SoundSense version change)

With any luck, this bug-fix version bump should keep going for a while. 

Enjoy, and happy new year!
 Donations here.

nossr50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r45 - everything in one place
« Reply #266 on: January 06, 2014, 09:38:32 am »

Hmm, I can understand not wanting to maintain a lot of different packs but the 9x12 version is the recommended version of Jolly Bastion.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 06, 2014, 03:48:07 pm »

I'm struggling to find the exported map and legends details for legends viewer (nothing to do with the fantasy map maker script). Where are they located?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 06, 2014, 06:33:10 pm »

I'm struggling to find the exported map and legends details for legends viewer (nothing to do with the fantasy map maker script). Where are they located?

DF exports them to the same folder as the game executable, ie "Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11".  If you use the legends processing script, they'll be processed and put in the "User Generated Content" folder. 

Hmm, I can understand not wanting to maintain a lot of different packs but the 9x12 version is the recommended version of Jolly Bastion.

I prefer square tilesets, for the better sense of spaces they provide.  And you can always add it in yourself! :)
 Donations here.

Ultraman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2014, 09:01:15 pm »

Sorry for the dumb question, but when was r45 released?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 385