Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4108920 times)

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r10
« Reply #2550 on: April 12, 2015, 09:20:18 am »

-snip-
Ah, I see. Sweet, thank you very much!

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: April 12, 2015, 02:41:12 pm »

Just a quick question :

I have been doing customizations through the raw files in order to make things a bit more to my liking , would it be possible to integrate some of these options into the starter pack? I think a lot of people might actually find those usefull :

*Toggle skill decay on / off. (Rust)
*Increase / decrease skill experience gain (Like a bar showing the increase / decrease either in % or 1x 1.5x etc)
*Adding diplomatic options to Humans / elves / others.
*Adding weapons and other items to a civilization (minecarts , specific ores and process like steel ) through a checkbox or something similar.
*Setting Titles for the different Nobility etc of a civ.
*Adjusting the base characteristics of a civilization ( Ie median strenght and other stats ).

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: April 12, 2015, 06:08:00 pm »

I have been doing customizations through the raw files in order to make things a bit more to my liking , would it be possible to integrate some of these options into the starter pack?

Yes - this is one of the core use-cases for the mods tab. You can read the PyLNP readme for detailed instructions on how to set this up and the format you need.

However it's still in a kind of beta, and I'm not planning to ship mods - the tab is already in, just hidden if you don't add content - until it's been tested and I'm sure it won't break saves.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: April 13, 2015, 06:03:09 pm »

Should the pack updater be bringing over my custom keybinds, color sets, advanced map types and embarks settings from previous packs? It doesnt seem to be doing this..? I've needed to do it manually for 7,8 & 9.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: April 13, 2015, 06:47:17 pm »

Should the pack updater be bringing over my custom keybinds, color sets, advanced map types and embarks settings from previous packs? It doesnt seem to be doing this..? I've needed to do it manually for 7,8 & 9.

It doesn't do this, sadly - it's too impractical to distinguish between "stuff I added", "stuff I added but you modified", and "stuff you added" in a future-proof way.  So you get to copy it manually :(  Or write a script for youself, I guess  :-\
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: April 13, 2015, 06:54:02 pm »

It doesn't do this, sadly - it's too impractical to distinguish between "stuff I added", "stuff I added but you modified", and "stuff you added" in a future-proof way.  So you get to copy it manually :(  Or write a script for youself, I guess  :-\
You could detect changes from the Pack's defaults and merge forward the differences.  That way the one typo you make today can follow you around for a couple decades until DF v1.00.

(But I agree with PE that such a tool is not worth the effort.)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Admiral Obvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: April 15, 2015, 09:19:34 pm »

Just a quick question :

I have been doing customizations through the raw files in order to make things a bit more to my liking , would it be possible to integrate some of these options into the starter pack? I think a lot of people might actually find those usefull :

*Toggle skill decay on / off. (Rust)
*Increase / decrease skill experience gain (Like a bar showing the increase / decrease either in % or 1x 1.5x etc)
*Adding diplomatic options to Humans / elves / others.
*Adding weapons and other items to a civilization (minecarts , specific ores and process like steel ) through a checkbox or something similar.
*Setting Titles for the different Nobility etc of a civ.
*Adjusting the base characteristics of a civilization ( Ie median strenght and other stats ).

Peridexis does not mod the game in the way you are asking. He just makes the starter pack in order to give you the tools you'd need to get started into the game as it is. You can probably change those yourself in the raws, but this pack is not intended to do that.
"I have a rock here for you.  No animals or plants died bringing you this rock.  How fast do you want me to throw it at you?"

MetalRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: April 17, 2015, 10:45:25 am »

¿Could it be possible to implement a couple of input text boxes in the dialog box to modify the window size of the game? I know you only need to modify manually the init file, but I think it should not be difficult to implement and would be useful.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:49:15 am by MetalRocks »
"Face each battle, each foe, as though it is your last.

One day it will be"

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: April 17, 2015, 06:33:41 pm »

¿Could it be possible to implement a couple of input text boxes in the dialog box to modify the window size of the game? I know you only need to modify manually the init file, but I think it should not be difficult to implement and would be useful.

This has recently been done, and will be in the next launcher release.
 Donations here.

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: April 18, 2015, 09:43:08 am »

I'm having a problem with graphics.
Latest version.

I load the graphics, but every time I run DF, it briefly flashes to the graphics and then goes to ASCII, then stays that way.

I've tried multiple packs, but nouse.
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: April 18, 2015, 10:38:15 am »

I'm having a problem with graphics.
/snip
3. Don't panic if it seems graphics aren't working - menus and text are meant to use ascii tiles now.
It's normal. Try embarking for graphics.

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: April 18, 2015, 11:15:03 am »

Ah, that's the problem!
I thought I had read that through before :P
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: April 25, 2015, 10:02:12 pm »

I am using the LNP in its default configuration, and I am having trouble telling which items are highlighted in many menus, especially the trade menu.  Has anyone found a fix to make it easy to tell which items are highlighted?

Deman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: April 26, 2015, 04:57:13 am »

Anyone else having crash issues?  Just straight up Application error with "close program".

Just came back after a bunch of patches, fresh install of DF with the starter pack but has random crashes, tried all sorts, closing all other applications but still does it.  Sad times are had.

I'll try create a new world and see if it continues.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: April 26, 2015, 06:43:06 am »

Anyone else having crash issues?  Just straight up Application error with "close program".

No, but try generating a new world, then using print_mode:2D.  If that doesn't work, let me know when it crashes and what was happening.  And of course check that you don't have any constructions touching tree leaves, since that's a known cause of crashes in vanilla DF 40.24
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 385