Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113546 times)

boysfromthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • two years in and still a noob
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r10
« Reply #2565 on: April 27, 2015, 01:37:04 pm »

Hi PE thanks as always for your work.....u rock.
I'm still getting the dreaded flickering bug on r10....would daz's method (discussed above) still work with r10?
I'm using 2d no twbt....but apart from that no changing of any other graphics functions in that graphics menu.

xvicarious

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: April 27, 2015, 03:16:41 pm »

I had a completely fresh installation of the pack (graphics came preinstalled?) and it was crashing every time I opened the game.  After switching back to ASCII graphics it is doing completely fine.  I really do like the Phoebus tileset though and would like to use that.  Any advice on this?

Kadaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: April 28, 2015, 04:52:41 pm »

No, but try generating a new world, then using print_mode:2D.

Where does that get set? Found it, [PRINT_MODE:2D] in /data/init/init.txt. edit: it's also on the launcher /facepalm

I'm also having crashing issues after 15-20 minutes into a fresh game using 40_24r10
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:26:03 pm by Kadaan »

Arshness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: April 29, 2015, 08:29:38 am »

I am also getting the flickering. I thought I'd ignore it... but I'm not sure I can. It's driving me nuts.
I'm going to have to go back to the r7 version I had before. I just can't look at this screen with all the flickering. It gave me a migraine last night.

I tried the Print Mode thing and it didn't work. :c And I only posted to report this fact and hope it was helpful. ^^

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: May 01, 2015, 07:58:23 am »

Is there any way to make the maps use the tileset like they did in previous versions? Like, when fast travelling or pressing "q" in adventure mode, and during world gen.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: May 01, 2015, 10:33:08 am »

Is there any way to make the maps use the tileset like they did in previous versions? Like, when fast travelling or pressing "q" in adventure mode, and during world gen.

Changing the print mode will disable TwbT, which may or may not be worth it.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: May 01, 2015, 10:57:16 am »

Not quite the answer I was hoping for. Thanks though.  :)

Are there any plans/would it be possible to make the maps use the tilesets while still allowing TwbT to be on? I recall some earlier version having this, but I could be wrong.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

drgnlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: May 04, 2015, 10:22:10 am »

You can make the text tileset anything you like in the Init file and it will work with TWBT. This tileset is used for the maps and text.

Probe1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: May 05, 2015, 11:20:08 am »

How do I activate the Legends Exports Processor in the latest LNP?  I can't even find it.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: May 05, 2015, 04:18:19 pm »

Not quite the answer I was hoping for. Thanks though.  :)

Are there any plans/would it be possible to make the maps use the tilesets while still allowing TwbT to be on? I recall some earlier version having this, but I could be wrong.

TWBT_LEGACY should keep the map as the tileset, I think it'll be best to save and exit and switch to TWBT printmode once you are embarked though. I forget why, I just remember that the the old gen isn't quite as good memory wise to use. It's been awhile though so that may not be the reason.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: May 05, 2015, 04:47:27 pm »

How do I activate the Legends Exports Processor in the latest LNP?  I can't even find it.

Instead of a separate utility, it's now a button in the "advanced" tab of the launcher - more reliable detection of many things, and available on any OS.
 Donations here.

Probe1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: May 06, 2015, 10:07:05 am »

Instead of a separate utility, it's now a button in the "advanced" tab of the launcher - more reliable detection of many things, and available on any OS.

Nice.  Thanks man.  I appreciate you working on it, it was a bit clunky the last time around. 

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: May 07, 2015, 03:10:05 pm »

Hey all - used to be very active on this site well over 5 years ago, then had to take a break (RL > games, ver' sad).

Now I'm back, and a bit boggled at all the changes - burrows, new military organization, wheelbarrows and minecarts and hauling routes, the universal magma concept, entirely different fun - wow. I remember helping w/ Ver 1 of Dwarf Therapist, and working on the first "migration" of the wiki to a new version - so much has changed...  :o

One question (well, for now, ahem) - is something like Reveal/Tweak* available for this latest version? Is that something in this newbie-pack download?

(* If you don't know, don't ask)  8)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:20:25 pm by Albedo »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: May 07, 2015, 04:06:37 pm »

Reveal and tweak are both still in.

Unless you're referring to a specific tweak, since there's quite a few.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: May 07, 2015, 06:30:01 pm »

Hey all - used to be very active on this site well over 5 years ago, then had to take a break (RL > games, ver' sad).

Now I'm back, and a bit boggled at all the changes - burrows, new military organization, wheelbarrows and minecarts and hauling routes, the universal magma concept, entirely different fun - wow. I remember helping w/ Ver 1 of Dwarf Therapist, and working on the first "migration" of the wiki to a new version - so much has changed...  :o

One question (well, for now, ahem) - is something like Reveal/Tweak* available for this latest version? Is that something in this newbie-pack download?

(* If you don't know, don't ask)  8)

Indeed they are - most such tools are now part of DFHack, though a few like Dwarf Therapist are still standalone.  Don't panic at the length of the README, there's a lot of functionality but in this pack it's set up to basically work in the background and add UI hints for most of the stuff you'll want.

Everything is included, and you can get usage instructions for most of it with a ctrl-f at the above link.  Good luck, and strike the earth!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 385