Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112193 times)

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r15
« Reply #2790 on: August 10, 2015, 03:30:30 pm »

hmm... I'm getting an error message when I try to use the open-legends script, and the extended-status plugin is giving me an error on loadup. Is anyone else having these issues?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: August 10, 2015, 04:04:42 pm »

I'm not - can you copy and paste those? (Right-click the title bar of the DFHack console if you're using Windows to get to the "edit" menu.)
You're using DFHack 0.40.24-r3, right?

Edit: So you know, extended-status is a script, not a plugin. The chief difference is that plugins need to be recompiled for individual DFHack releases and for each platform, while scripts are much more portable and editable (but a bit slower).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:09:30 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: August 10, 2015, 04:20:58 pm »

Here's the error dump for the open-legends error

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tried running the script right on embark on a newly genned world. DFhack is all up to date. Running this right from the starter pack.

Here's the error dump for the extended-status script  :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: August 10, 2015, 04:37:19 pm »

Sigh. The first one is a bug in DFHack r3, and the second one is an incompatibility with r3. These changes should work:

open-legends.lua: change line 41 to:
Code: [Select]
    if not dfhack.world.isFortressMode(df.global.gametype) and not dfhack.world.isAdventureMode(df.global.gametype) and not force then

gui/extended-status.lua: change line 168 to:
Code: [Select]
if dfhack_flags and dfhack_flags.enable then

PeridexisErrant: Why didn't you test these scripts before releasing? There is no way you could have run these scripts without running into these errors, and the gui/extended-status error would have occurred on startup if you're enabling it in dfhack.init - did you even attempt to start DF beforehand?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:38:50 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: August 10, 2015, 04:49:41 pm »

Thanks a bunch lethosor!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: August 10, 2015, 07:15:11 pm »

PeridexisErrant: Why didn't you test these scripts before releasing? There is no way you could have run these scripts without running into these errors, and the gui/extended-status error would have occurred on startup if you're enabling it in dfhack.init - did you even attempt to start DF beforehand?

...After calling in sick because I didn't trust my work with this headache, I really shouldn't have tried to do a release.  All I can say is sorry, and the fixed (and tested) version is now up.  I also forgot to change the version number on DFFD, so at least there was no autoupdate prompt...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: August 11, 2015, 03:14:24 pm »

Heh, I know what that's like. I'll set up an r3 environment now to help avoid these kinds of issues in the future.

BomberTree

• Escaped Lunatic
  • STRIKE THE EARTH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: August 11, 2015, 07:53:51 pm »

When I go to graphics > customize, I get attacked by the menu flickering like crazy.
(Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r15 on Win7)

edit: Same thing happens on r14.

edit:edit: Fixed when I enable "Allways show scrollbars" in the options!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:26:19 pm by BomberTree »

Rasendew

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: August 22, 2015, 11:58:53 am »

Just wanted to say a thank you for making this pack. It's finally gotten me to give Dwarf Fortress a proper go whereas I never really got into it before. Also while I'm here, can anyone suggest a good beginners guide for me so I know what I should be doing early on in the game?

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: August 22, 2015, 12:01:14 pm »

Just wanted to say a thank you for making this pack. It's finally gotten me to give Dwarf Fortress a proper go whereas I never really got into it before. Also while I'm here, can anyone suggest a good beginners guide for me so I know what I should be doing early on in the game?
The wiki has a pretty nice beginner's guide. There's also a beginner's guide for Adventurer mode, if that's what you're looking for.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:02:53 am by Raul »

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: August 30, 2015, 07:58:07 pm »

If you have any questions as you play, post them in the DF Gameplay Questions subforum.  The wiki is great but sometimes specific advice is good.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
Thank you.
« Reply #2801 on: August 31, 2015, 12:53:42 pm »

I want to say thank you to PeridexisErrant for maintaining the starter pack. I'm a long standing user of it and it certainly makes the game much easier in terms of configs and presets. Your effort is much appreciated.  :D
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r16
« Reply #2802 on: September 13, 2015, 08:55:56 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_24 r16!  As usual, you can get it here.

The reason for this release is pretty simple:  Japa's Armok Vision looks awesome!  The latest release (0.6a) has support for clouds, unit sprites, off-map terrain, and much more - and because of some size optimisations, it's compact enough to include in the pack  :D  If you want to support development, check out Japa's Patreon at the above link.

Strike the Earth - in pretty 3D!

Changelog:
 - added Armok Vision 0.6a; includes automatic 32/64 bit handling
 - updated remotefortressreader for latest Armok Vision
 - updated open-legends.lua; help key works now

SHA256:  41eb5ccf367121f0639bf6982725620de091ba297c8450f411c7c4d283f72534
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: September 13, 2015, 11:20:10 pm »

I guess I should follow this thread now.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: September 14, 2015, 05:06:49 am »

Thanks PE (and Japa)!  Never underestimate the importance of a Starter Pack for getting new players into the game, and visualizers for getting advanced players to demonstrate the game's awesomeness.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 385