Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4114887 times)

noirscape

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonic disaster
    • View Profile
    • noirscape.dev
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r16
« Reply #2805 on: September 15, 2015, 03:54:29 pm »

First of thanks for making this starter pack. Secondly I have a question regarding raws. I personally installed the Creation Forge for constructing megaprojects quickly but when I change graphics the raws get deleted. Do you have a solution for this?
don't take the above seriously. This is actually a pretty helpful group of people. Welcome to the insane asylum.

*Urist McEnlightened has been found dead, Enlightenment aneurysm.*

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: September 15, 2015, 07:16:43 pm »

First of thanks for making this starter pack. Secondly I have a question regarding raws. I personally installed the Creation Forge for constructing megaprojects quickly but when I change graphics the raws get deleted. Do you have a solution for this?

Are you using the mods system?  If not, your raws are being replaced when graphics change - the launcher rebuilds your raws to spec each time, rather than modifying them in place.

You can add raws as a mod under LNP/Mods/<modname>/raw/*, and use of the mods tab in the launcher should become obvious.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: September 15, 2015, 08:04:56 pm »

You can add raws as a mod under LNP/Mods/<modname>/raw/*, and use of the mods tab in the launcher should become obvious.
Is there documentation somewhere on how to package for that?  I've tried a bunch of variations with making mod compatible, and though I can get the .json file parsed, it keeps saying there were no mods to merge.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: September 15, 2015, 08:49:54 pm »

Is there documentation somewhere on how to package for that?  I've tried a bunch of variations with making mod compatible, and though I can get the .json file parsed, it keeps saying there were no mods to merge.

https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp is the current best reference.  I'm happy to help out with any problems, and would love to collaborate on a better guide for modders - I'm a little too close to it to work out what you need.  PMs, email, or w/e all work.

Short version:  if you install a mod with DF, then copy over the whole DF folder so "~/LNP/Mods/<modname>/Dwarf Fortress.exe" is a path, PyLNP will take care of the rest and ensure correct formatting.  From that it should be pretty clear; the whole system is designed so you can also install a mod or graphics pack just by copying over to a vanilla DF install.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:52:18 pm by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: September 16, 2015, 07:20:36 am »

https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp is the current best reference.  I'm happy to help out with any problems, and would love to collaborate on a better guide for modders - I'm a little too close to it to work out what you need.  PMs, email, or w/e all work.

Short version:  if you install a mod with DF, then copy over the whole DF folder so "~/LNP/Mods/<modname>/Dwarf Fortress.exe" is a path, PyLNP will take care of the rest and ensure correct formatting.  From that it should be pretty clear; the whole system is designed so you can also install a mod or graphics pack just by copying over to a vanilla DF install.
Thanks, but I figured out the problem.  The mod includes stuff under the raw/graphics/ folder which is not currently supported.  Since I have no collisions in that folder, I can ask the user to move that bit (that's needed for Stonesense assets anyway).

Edit: Aaaaand apparently graphics copied directly into the raw folder get nuked when switching out mods.  I've moved my esoteric problem over to the PyLNP development thread.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:34:12 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: September 17, 2015, 02:05:07 pm »

Hey PE (or anyone else that may know)...

When I'm looking at the created world and evaluating where to embark...what are the icons on the map I should be looking for in regards to elves, goblins and humans for settlement areas?  I know you can see via TAB what's "around" but I'm wondering for specific areas. 

Example, the dwarf areas are the upside down U shape thing.  What icons mark up elves and goblins and humans?

(edit) Nevermind I found the information.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Map_legend
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:46:23 pm by ragincajun »
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: September 17, 2015, 02:44:56 pm »

I like r16. Haven't had a crash yet. Thank you for everything you do in order to make this pack available to us!

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: September 19, 2015, 03:04:07 am »

I can't seem to select animals in the pen/pasture screen.  The numpad and the arrows keys just don't work, but only in that screen.  Everything else seems to work everywhere. 

I can only select the 1st animal.  Since I can't scroll, I can't select any others.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: September 19, 2015, 10:18:40 am »

I can't seem to select animals in the pen/pasture screen.  The numpad and the arrows keys just don't work, but only in that screen.  Everything else seems to work everywhere. 

I can only select the 1st animal.  Since I can't scroll, I can't select any others.
If you're referring to the sidebar menu, are you using the secondary scrolling keys (+- by default)?

I like r16. Haven't had a crash yet.
Going by the release notes, I can't see a reason why it would be more stable than r15 unless you're actively using Armok Vision. If there's a specific save that's crashing, check for common crash bugs on the bug tracker (e.g. building constructions on trees).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: September 19, 2015, 01:19:11 pm »

You're right, lethosor.  Thanks!

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: September 21, 2015, 09:03:52 pm »

If you're referring to the sidebar menu, are you using the secondary scrolling keys (+- by default)?

I like r16. Haven't had a crash yet.
Going by the release notes, I can't see a reason why it would be more stable than r15 unless you're actively using Armok Vision. If there's a specific save that's crashing, check for common crash bugs on the bug tracker (e.g. building constructions on trees).

I don't use Armok Vision. And perhaps it might just be happy chance/lack if misfortune due to trees/whatever that I haven't crashed and nothing to do with the update. Doesn't matter, really, does it? The main point is that I wanted to say thank you, and so I have.   :)

davsim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: September 22, 2015, 08:41:17 am »

PTW.

What a fantastic pack! :P

runetrantor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: September 23, 2015, 03:15:33 am »

I think there's a big with the Ironhand tileset?

I customized it to the original ironhand, as I find the curvy walls ugly as hell, I much rather get the straight lines.

But now any isolated or end tile of smoothed/engraved/built wall looks like a palm tree... 
It's breaking all my designs... D,:

Like here http://i.imgur.com/IFGZzDD.png

Notice that when it's part of a continuous wall, like with the doors, it's fine.

I tried to manually replace that sprite with the right one that is on the file, but that somehow also made the cursor be a VERY saturated color, as it did with the up/down stairs made of materials that are very colorful (Microcline, all clays and sands...)

Any idea how to fix it? All my wonderful hallways with pillars on the sides now look like underground beach promenades.
-Maybe this world is another planet's Hell. Aldous Huxley.

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: September 30, 2015, 09:00:24 am »

Alright, this has gone on long enough.

Why is this beautiful tileset by Taffer still missing.
Is there anything I can do to help get it in.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: September 30, 2015, 08:16:57 pm »

I think there's a bug with the Ironhand tileset?  I customized it to the original ironhand
Any idea how to fix it? All my wonderful hallways with pillars on the sides now look like underground beach promenades.
It sounds like you've already tried patching the old sprite sheet, so I don't have any suggestions.  In any case this isn't a bug with the pack or anything I actually make or distribute, so all I can do is suggest the tilesets and graphics board.

Alright, this has gone on long enough.

Why is this beautiful tileset by Taffer still missing.
Is there anything I can do to help get it in.
I just have an arbitrary rule that only substantial graphics packs go in, because otherwise there's so much stuff that the pack would balloon out of control.  Taffer is beautiful, but it's got a pretty limited set of creature graphics (only sentient beings).

If you want to make it easier to add to the pack (that is, for a user to add after downloading both), format the pack like the other graphics packs.  You can easily do this by putting a copy installed with DF in the graphics folder, using the 'simplify graphics' button, and adding a manifest.json
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 385