Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098462 times)

boysfromthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • two years in and still a noob
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r16
« Reply #2820 on: October 01, 2015, 04:39:39 pm »

First off as always thanks PE for your continued work on LNP.

After a brief hiatus from DF I started back up an old fort. After a few hours I decided that I wanted to start a new world generation to start a new fort with some new ideas.

World generation went fine, so I searched for an ideal embark location. I found several with all the parameters that I required, a river, flux, shallow and deep metal, clay and sand.....perfect or so it would seem.
After an hour of digging and searching, with no luck, I used prospect in dfhack.....to my surprise little to no ore on the map despite my search preferences in embark menu saying there was.
I put this first one down to being a normal DF glitch, abandoned the fort and tried again....same thing. So regenerated another map same thing again.
In all I generated about 10 world's and tried multiple embarks on each but kept having the same problem..... No ore!!!!

Is this a current bug? I do have several older versions of the LNP on my PC, would it be worth world generating in one of these and importing this new world to the latest one?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: October 04, 2015, 12:45:05 pm »

I am getting a lot of crashes in Adventure Mode.  Any tips on how to fix it?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: October 04, 2015, 08:25:47 pm »

You could try disabling TwbT temporarily (it used to cause issues with adventure mode, but I'm not sure if it still does).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: October 05, 2015, 01:27:53 am »

You could try disabling TwbT temporarily (it used to cause issues with adventure mode, but I'm not sure if it still does).

It crashed when I hit < and >

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: October 05, 2015, 08:57:51 am »

It crashed when I hit < and >
When then don't hit those keys.  Duh.

(Dirst runs...)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Spillsta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: October 06, 2015, 03:10:53 pm »

Hi, I'm super new to this but after downloading the launcher and  to run the LNP launcher thing, AVG keeps telling me that there's some kind of problem or virus thing (adp.ares.generic) I have little idea what half of it is and if this is even the right place to post about it :P
Any help pls? I really want to play this lol

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: October 06, 2015, 03:19:56 pm »

Hi, I'm super new to this but after downloading the launcher and  to run the LNP launcher thing, AVG keeps telling me that there's some kind of problem or virus thing (adp.ares.generic) I have little idea what half of it is and if this is even the right place to post about it :P
The LNP is niche enough that it takes a while for antivirus programs to "learn" that it's okay.  The suspicious bits are a relatively unknown executable (the LNP itself) and the way that DFHack operates.  You should be able to explicitly trust the LNP and make things work.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: October 06, 2015, 09:45:19 pm »

Just popped in to say that the same happened to me as well (So you're not alone on this) on the latest Starter Pack r16 (as well as r15) that was downloaded some weeks beforehand. Prior to this, the Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe has not given me any problems with AVG running in the background. Doing some quick research, its likely to be a false positive based on AVG's track record with gaming programs and executables (I made sure to run another scanner like Malwarebytes just to be sure), so I allowed the processes as an exception.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: October 06, 2015, 11:39:20 pm »

Just popped in to say that the same happened to me as well (So you're not alone on this) on the latest Starter Pack r16 (as well as r15) that was downloaded some weeks beforehand. Prior to this, the Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe has not given me any problems with AVG running in the background. Doing some quick research, its likely to be a false positive based on AVG's track record with gaming programs and executables (I made sure to run another scanner like Malwarebytes just to be sure), so I allowed the processes as an exception.

Weird!  If you want to be paranoid, the file is byte-identical back to r13, which was June 5th.  Checksums can be compared against versions archived at the mirrors, and the PyLNP bitbucket page  :P

So yes, false-positive.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: October 10, 2015, 05:39:05 am »

Using R16, am at the embark menu, tried adding some new itemsa couple times, crashed out both times.

Any suggestions?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: October 10, 2015, 06:58:09 am »

I guess try Print_mode:2D instead of :TWBT?  That might help.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: October 10, 2015, 07:58:43 am »

Try disabling menu-mouse if it's enabled.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: October 10, 2015, 10:16:01 am »

Try disabling menu-mouse if it's enabled.

Will try it thanks.

Edit: That got it, thanks for that !
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:32:16 am by thefinn »

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: October 11, 2015, 01:10:26 am »

Getting this error when hitting alt-W for workflow on workshops.
It's preventing the workflow UI coming up, I will use command-line for the moment..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:58:03 am by thefinn »

Mr. Orange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: October 21, 2015, 02:49:35 pm »

I am having issues with workflow jobs not continuing after being unsuspended. I think this is the fix for it:

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/487

Now I don't know how to compile dfhack with this change included, but maybe someone else could do this? I am sure everyone would benefit from it!
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 385