Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4114983 times)

urpokarhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r16
« Reply #2850 on: November 03, 2015, 10:27:15 am »

Hello,

Can I somehow make the font bigger when I'm using printmode TWBT and spacefox tileset? And I mean the readable text :)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: November 03, 2015, 11:17:15 am »

Can I somehow make the font bigger when I'm using printmode TWBT and spacefox tileset? And I mean the readable text :)
In the launcher (PyLNP) go to the Grahics tab, select Customize and choose a different FONT from the list.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: November 03, 2015, 04:18:35 pm »

Or just zoom with [ ] on a screen which is all text.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r17
« Reply #2853 on: November 05, 2015, 05:54:31 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_24 r17!  As usual, you can get it here.

This release brings some lovely graphics updates to users of Gemset or the default Phoebus graphics, plus a nice tool to look at filtered and customised announcements.  Enjoy them - it's time to Strike the Earth!

Changelog:
 - updated Gemset to v1.4
 - added Doren's TwbT overrides for Phoebus
 - removed Announcement Filter
 - added Announcement Window v1.1; like the above but better!
 - updated PyLNP to 0.10b-2; same code but compiled with newer Python
 - updated TwbT to v5.47

SHA256:  f5fc142956a28da28fc50201c407a4ffe547b5eb2c8af4b231ff36cbc8083957

If it seems like a long time since the last update, blame my Honours thesis and the new DFHack documentation I made.  It's also been a slow period in general, though that might change soon with a DF release!  We'll see how it goes  :D
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: November 05, 2015, 08:36:07 pm »

Your honors thesis was a Starter Pack update? I want your advisor!

Thanks for the tireless work on making DF accessible to a wider audience.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: November 05, 2015, 09:59:21 pm »

Your honors thesis was a Starter Pack update? I want your advisor!
Unfortunately not... but there are some benefits to feeling productive while procrastinating!
 Donations here.

PowerSurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: November 08, 2015, 02:46:48 pm »

I seem to have found a bug and narrowed it down to TwbT and the Phoebus texture pack in the R17 starter pack.
Normal:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Vnl7plZSmeZHFaZDFFR3JBU1E
Then when you move the screen around this happens:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Vnl7plZSmeZUI2YkV2dklaS2c
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Vnl7plZSmeZDFqSzdiR1N3NUU
I have no idea on how to fix this. Also I did not have this problem with the R16 starter pack.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: November 08, 2015, 04:18:28 pm »

Reported here, thanks for the report.
 Donations here.

TheBloke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: November 15, 2015, 10:16:49 am »

I think this is my first post in this thread, so just wanted to say thanks so much for the superb pack.  It was my intro to DF and it made all the difference in getting me going, and keeping me interested.  I love DF, but I don't know for sure if I would have stuck around long enough to get hooked if I'd had to play without DFHack or with only ASCII graphics.  Or even got started at all if I felt I had to spend days researching how to put a better experience together myself - it would have been worth the effort of course, but at that time I wouldn't have known it was worth it :)

This pack gave me everything I needed to get an awesome game immediately, and even though I now understand a lot more about DF and its structures, I will continue using PyLNP and this pack because it makes everything so much more convenient.

A quick question:  what is the name of this pack? :) Does it have a name, besides "Starter Pack" (of which there are others)?  If not, could I suggest that it would be good if it did?  I ask because I was trying to direct someone on IRC to it, and at first I called it PyLNP but of course that's the name of the generic launcher, shared amongst other packs too.  So I've taken to calling it "PE's PyLNP-based Windows Starter Pack" which is.. cumbersome :)  So as a small suggestion I think it should have a name, and perhaps also and ideally a graphic/logo that replaces/adds to the generic PyLNP logo.  The name could be something creative/lore-appropriate, or just something simple like "DF WinPack"?  Anything that's unique and appears in the title of this thread and the DFDD link and thus eventually can be Googled.

Secondly, a minor bug report:
  • PyLNP.json: DFHack Performance Tweaks:
    • multicmd tweak fast-heat ; ... should be multicmd tweak fast-heat X ; ...
    • where X is the number of frames for: ensuring that 1 degree of item temperature is crossed in no more than specified number of frames when updating from the environment temperature.

As of now, choosing Performance Tweaks results in a "tweak: Usage" error displaying in DFHack console and fast-heat is not enabled.

I don't really know what X should be.  Right now I'm using 50, because that's between 1 and 2 seconds of real time, depending on the save I have loaded (I cap FPS at 50, but often get no more than 25.)  I presumed that I wouldn't care if stuff took a couple of real seconds to catch fire/melt, but I don't know if that's OK; and I'm guessing that 50 is on the higher side, assuming that the game normally does it once-per-tick.

As a related point: tweak fast-heat is described in terms of fix/stable-heat: [fast-heat] reduces the time it takes for stable-temp to stop updates again when equilibrium is disturbed.

So maybe stable-heat should also be run in order to get most or even any benefit from fast-heat?  Or are the two definitely separable?    stable-heat takes a little time to run from my experience, so I guess if it were added, it would be a one-time job to run from onLoadWorld.init?

Thanks again for all your great work!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:06:16 pm by TheBloke »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: November 15, 2015, 08:51:04 pm »

Thanks heaps for your feedback!  It's lovely to hear from people who like and use the pack, and even better to get specific feedback on how to improve it  :D

The best name to use is probably "PeridexisErrant's [Dwarf Fortress] Starter Pack", including DF if it's not clear from context.  (hmm, I should update the thread title...)

fix/stable-temp sets the temperature of all items identical to the tile they're in - it's a way to address specific FPS issues, but at least as game-changing as clean alltweak fast-heat just puts a floor on how slowly temperatures change, to squash the long slow changes at the end, which is a minor bugfix only.  Thanks for the bug report, I've set it to 100 frames (round number, why not?).
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r18
« Reply #2860 on: November 16, 2015, 09:36:07 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_24 r18!  As usual, you can get it here.

This is the long-awaited DFHack update, which includes a multitude of cleanups, bugfixes, and standardization of various things.  In general I've updated everything that needed updating, replaced those things that could be replaces, and removed a couple of things that are no longer useful.

You can read the Starter Pack changelog below, the DFHack changelog here, and the new DFHack documentation here.  Strike the Earth!

Changelog:
 - updated Announcement Window to v1.2; mostly bugfixes
 - updated DFHack to 40.24-r4; see that changelog elsewhere
 - removed menu-mouse plugin; incompatible with new DFhack and no updates
 - several backported scripts were replaced by other tools in the new DFHack
 - removed autoresetgrid.lua and manager-quantity.lua
 - updated custom init files; see LNP/Extras folder
 - updated TwbT to v5.48
 - fixed some DFHack config; reduced errors or unwanted output
 - removed Blocky Map App; zoom all the way out in Armok Vision instead
 - updated Armok Vision to v0.7.2, and dropped 32bit support
 - updated Obsidian graphics; Fricy fixes some grass issues

SHA256:  433c780306b5f1cc12168d8a7655b2a586e93e2e9d9162ac0819fc51c1d4f8cb
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: November 16, 2015, 10:20:31 am »

removed autoresetgrid.lua and manager-quantity.lua
I'm curious about why did you remove these scripts?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: November 16, 2015, 10:28:42 am »

removed autoresetgrid.lua and manager-quantity.lua
I'm curious about why did you remove these scripts?
Many of Lethosor's scripts are now in DFHack via the new submodules, but Lethosor left those ones out.  For the sake of clarity, accurate documentation, and consistency with that decision I didn't add them back in.
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: November 16, 2015, 04:16:34 pm »

manager-quantity.lua is obsolete with "tweak manager-quantity". I don't think autoresetgrid was intentionally left out, though. I've also never been able to get a reliable answer as to which print modes the latest version causes flickering in, but the no-opengl option should avoid non-Truetype print modes, including TWBT.

Regarding naming, the main issue I have with the name "starter pack" is that it's generic. A new player reading your post would probably assume that this is the only pack from the phrase "The Starter Pack has updated". It's admittedly a different name from the other current packs, but it's hard for me to figure out exactly what people are using when half of the community uses "starter pack" and "LNP" interchangeably to refer to any pack.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r18
« Reply #2864 on: November 16, 2015, 07:32:54 pm »

manager-quantity.lua is obsolete with "tweak manager-quantity". I don't think autoresetgrid was intentionally left out, though. I've also never been able to get a reliable answer as to which print modes the latest version causes flickering in, but the no-opengl option should avoid non-Truetype print modes, including TWBT.
Right.  tweak manager-quantity will be added to my init file (and why isn't it in the default dfhack.init?).  I'll re-add autoresetgrid.lua, and have it enabled by default at some point when I can roll that back more easily.

Regarding naming, the main issue I have with the name "starter pack" is that it's generic. A new player reading your post would probably assume that this is the only pack from the phrase "The Starter Pack has updated". It's admittedly a different name from the other current packs, but it's hard for me to figure out exactly what people are using when half of the community uses "starter pack" and "LNP" interchangeably to refer to any pack.
Yeah.  I originally coined "Starter Pack" in the hope that a unique name would distinguish it from the LNP - and at the time, there was nothing with either name or other platforms.  Basically I don't have any useful ideas of what to do, though I've tried to clarify the thread title.  If you have a solution to trademark dilution, let me know  :-\
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 385