Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4111976 times)

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #2910 on: December 01, 2015, 07:38:37 pm »

As I recall, last release it took several weeks before DFHack and Therapist were compatible with the new version. I have very little idea of the sort of coding involved, but does it look like it will be a similar amount of time until they get versions for this release?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: December 01, 2015, 07:43:18 pm »

This update is not so big as 0.40.01.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: December 01, 2015, 07:48:32 pm »

Some people have already begun research and found some changes. I can't guarantee when DFHack will be ready, but it was nearly functional by 0.40.04 last time, and hopefully I'll be able to help the release process be faster for this series of releases.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: December 01, 2015, 08:12:56 pm »

I was mostly curious because I find the game very hard to manage without Therapist, and I'd heard that a great deal of skills have been added. I also like having a graphics pack, but I imagine that those won't take too long to be updated.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: December 01, 2015, 08:16:19 pm »

DT works with labors - there are 17 new skills, according to "file changes.txt", but only 2 new labors that I noticed (Bookbinding and Papermaking, under Crafts).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: December 01, 2015, 08:36:23 pm »

DT works with labors - there are 17 new skills, according to "file changes.txt", but only 2 new labors that I noticed (Bookbinding and Papermaking, under Crafts).

To clarify:  Therapist is a tool to manage labors, so skills aren't too relevant.  It's not updated for the new release yet though.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: December 01, 2015, 08:55:25 pm »

Oh, right, forgot to mention that. There are some skills that correspond directly to labors (e.g. woodcutter/woodcutting), but some labors require no skill (e.g. construction removal) and some skills have no associated labor (e.g. conversationalist, mathematician).

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: December 01, 2015, 09:11:55 pm »

In the 0.42.01 Bleeding Edge pack, Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe will not load.

stderr.txt has these contents after I try to load it. I don't know if it's the problem, but the path reported doesn't exist on my system and has nothing to do with me (not my username, etc) I know you said the launcher might be broken, but I figured I'd confirm that it is.

WARNING: JSONConfiguration: File PyLNP.user does not exist
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 12, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.lnp", line 61, in __init__
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.lnp", line 127, in initialize_df
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.df", line 33, in find_df_folder
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.df", line 57, in set_df_folder
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.df", line 103, in load_params
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.settings", line 529, in read_settings
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.settings", line 549, in read_file
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.settings", line 462, in create_option
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.settings", line 668, in version_has_option
KeyError: u'VISITOR_CAP'

EDIT:

Also, normally I right click the file with WinRAR and right click to extract to a folder named after archive name. For example doing so with the previous versions I would have a folder named "Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r19" with the launcher inside.

If I do that with the current release, it errors with "D:\Games\PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.42.01-r01.zip: Cannot create folder D:\Games\PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.42.01-r01\.
!   Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

It doesn't exist, so I guess there is something strange about how it is archived. I have to manually assign an folder name for it to go in to.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:33:03 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: December 01, 2015, 09:17:37 pm »

Do you mean 0.42.01? Have you made any configuration changes or copied over configuration files (in data/init)?
PyLNP is complaining about the VISITOR_CAP setting either existing or not existing. I could understand the latter, but if it's the former, I can't think of a reason why PyLNP should care about unrecognized settings being present in (d_)init.txt.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: December 01, 2015, 09:22:49 pm »

Yes 42.01, my bad. I just extracted the archive and attempted to run the launcher. I also tried copying the PyLNP.user from my previous installation over, but it didn't change anything.

Looking on the Data/Init folder within the d_init.txt I see the field it mentions exists. Just to see what would happen I removed it and it changed the error to: KeyError: u'INVASION_SOLDIER_CAP'
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:27:35 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: December 01, 2015, 09:43:17 pm »

The Starter Pack Launcher isn't starting for me either  :( When i double click it after extracting for the first time, stderr.txt and stdout.txt files are created, and nothing happens after that. Running windows 7 64-bit and extracting it with archive name with WinRAR. Any workaround?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:46:47 pm by Borge »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: December 01, 2015, 10:03:09 pm »

The Starter Pack Launcher isn't starting for me either  :( When i double click it after extracting for the first time, stderr.txt and stdout.txt files are created, and nothing happens after that. Running windows 7 64-bit and extracting it with archive name with WinRAR. Any workaround?

This is what bleeding edge gets you!  Delete the new settings in the init file (VISITOR_CAP, INVASION_SOLDIER_CAP, INVASION_MONSTER_CAP), and it should be OK.  PyLNP will be updated overnight to handle these settings.

PyLNP is complaining about the VISITOR_CAP setting either existing or not existing. I could understand the latter, but if it's the former, I can't think of a reason why PyLNP should care about unrecognized settings being present in (d_)init.txt.
It is the former, and it really shouldn't.  The patch fixes that as well.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:05:02 pm by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

ObiWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: December 02, 2015, 04:54:24 am »

The problem is that something is using an absolute path. If you pay attention to the error log, you'll notice that is trying to read files from Michael Madsen's documents.

I don't know who Michael Madsen is, but I'm pretty sure it's not me.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: December 02, 2015, 05:08:48 am »

The problem is that something is using an absolute path. If you pay attention to the error log, you'll notice that is trying to read files from Michael Madsen's documents.

This exactly this

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: December 02, 2015, 05:46:44 am »

That's the source code location on the PC that was used to build PyLNP (i.e., my PC). It's not trying to read anything from there, that's just how these executables report certain errors.

It'll all be fixed later today when I release a PyLNP update later today (in 8-10 hours) and you replace the current binary - the necessary code changes have all been prepared and are just waiting for me to get back home and make a build.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 385