Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4114777 times)

sondr3

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r47 - everything in one place
« Reply #315 on: February 07, 2014, 07:00:38 pm »

Hey PeridexisErrant, I have a seedbox that I'm willing to offer if you want someone to 24/7 seed the Starter Pack for you. The only issue I have personally is that I can't download the file via ssh to the server because the download link isn't a direct link. If you want to I can PM you some details on how to automatically make my server seed it.

ajg1g12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 08, 2014, 09:21:20 am »

How do I get my dwarves to look like smiley faces again?!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 08, 2014, 10:52:33 am »

Install one of the ASCII graphics packs.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 16, 2014, 05:16:44 pm »

The pack has been updated to r48
 - updated Falconne's plugins to v0.42, adds autodump and automelt functions to stockpiles (like autotrade), changes some controls to avoid accidental triggering
 - updated to dfstatus script to 1.02 and fixed keybinding
 - Major Dwarf Therapist update to v21.2, heaps of bugfixes and a few good new features (see the changelog)

With r47 the pack passed a hundred thousand downloads, which is crazy - on DFFD it's in the top five most downloaded, and the youngest!  It's also the highest-rated file on the site, which is awesome - thanks!  And an even bigger thanks to all the innumerable people who create cool stuff... and don't get enough credit because I collate everything (sorry guys; you're my heros). 

Exciting things on the horizon include the new version of DF - coming 'sometime(tm)' - which will see most of the pack being rebuilt from scratch for the sake of amazing new content; it's definitely worth it in the long run.  Fear not though, until everything is stable again I'll leave up a link to a final stable version of the pack for 0.34.11!  The other exciting thing, particularly for new players, is the pending completion of a stonesense-overlay - so you can play DF with an isometric view.  All it does is replace the local view with stonesense (still the same menus etc), but this is pretty cool... it "might" arrive "soon" - don't hold your breath, but don't give up hope either. 
 Donations here.

Ultraman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r48 - everything in one place
« Reply #319 on: February 16, 2014, 06:37:53 pm »

When i open the r48 folder it has the r47 folder inside of it... Is that normal?

whatnameshouldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 16, 2014, 08:16:13 pm »

First of all, lovely work with the pack, made getting into DF a 100% easier for me. Already having all the utilities I didnt know i would need was a boon.

Today as I was trying to merge Peridexis starter pack with the Modest Accelerated Mod I think i came upon some bug, I get this message to pup up when I run a clean download of r48 (not tinkered with).

(rough translation from Spanish):
Code: [Select]
Unable to find entry point to process ??0VMethodInterposeLinkBase@DFHack@@QAE@PAVirtual_indentity@1@HPAX1HPBD@Z n the dinamic links library SDL.dll.
I get that message around of 7-8 times, always the same text.

Also on DFhack I get these error messages:

Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\autodump.plug.dll
Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\automaterial.plug.dll
Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\automelt.plug.dll
Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\autotrade.plug.dll
Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\buildingplan.plug.dll
Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\dwarfmonitor.plug.dll
Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\getplants.plug.dll
Plugin hotkeys was not built for this version of DFHack.
Plugin: 0.34.11-r4, DFHack: 0.34.11-r3
d_init: 232
Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\mousequery.plug.dll
Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\resume.plug.dll
Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\search.plug.dll
world: 1670492 ui: 31024 b_stock: 1632
Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\stocks.plug.dll
Can't load plugin D:\Prueba\xPeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\zone.plug.dll

Taken from stderr.log (if you want the full file let me know).

This post has a similar issue (it is from MDF thread but I have the same issue on my clean install of r48): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133174.msg4769564;topicseen#msg4769564

I dont know if anyone else is having this issue, I hope it helps it get it fixed or I'm just being dumb and someone tells me what I am doing wrong.
Cheers!

P.S.: My old install of r44 works fine, just checked.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 16, 2014, 09:16:56 pm »

Whoops doesn't cover it... I used the wrong release of Falconne's plugins (for a different dfhack version). 

I've fixed the issue without bumping the version number, since it was caught quickly - it's the same problem causing both. 

You could redownload, or just get the plugins here and copy the windows versions into ./hack/plugins for yourself. 

Again, many apologies. 
 Donations here.

whatnameshouldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 17, 2014, 02:59:31 pm »

It's ok, no biggie, and thanks a lot for the quick answer and solution.
I was wondering if I had broken something, now I can get back to tinkering with Modest Accelerated + Peridexis (I hope I dont break anything else  :D).
Happy gaming!

whatnameshouldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 19, 2014, 04:03:00 pm »

After getting help so quick with my issue I wanted to give something back, so I set up a torrent for the latest release r48. I am not a great seeder but once someone else has the torrent running I think that together we can help those with slower connections (I saw some posts from people willing to help seed). For now Ill leave my PC on so you can get the file.

Here is the magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FC40AC186603255E465E9EF842FCB4BFCB130E47&dn=PeridexisErrant%20LNP%20r48.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce
(Sorry, I dont seem able to attach the .torrent file it self).

This was done because I already saw Peridexis granting permission for it, if you change your mind let me know and Ill take it down. This is also my first torrent so if you have any suggestions Ill be happy to hear them.

Chaos17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2014, 04:13:22 am »

Hi,

I'm new here and I wanted to thank you for this pack.
It helped to get into Dwarf Fortress more easily.

:)

P.s: how do I use your "Copy data from my old install" ?
I want to import from r47 to r48.
Sorry for my bad english.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:29:54 am by Chaos17 »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 20, 2014, 06:34:53 am »

Glad I could help! Put the new and old installs in the same folder ("next to each other", sibling folders, whatever) and in the new pack double click on the script. Done!
 Donations here.

Chaos17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2014, 02:53:14 pm »

I tried this and it said there no old pack found : http://puu.sh/73GfS.png
Sorry, I'm such a noob  :'(

whatnameshouldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2014, 06:35:21 pm »

I'm taking a guess, but from the looks of the image you uploaded I think you dont have the same folder structure for both LNP versions.

For r47 you have:
C:\PeridexisErrant LNP 47\PeridexisErrant LNP r47\Lazy Newb Pack GUI.exe

And for r48 you seem to have an extra folder with no files inside and then the full pack, like this:
C:\PeridexisErrant LNP 47\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Lazy Newb Pack GUI.exe

If that is right just move the folder in bold to C:\ and it should work.

After you do that you may want to create a new folder called Dwarf Fortress (or anything you like) and move r47 and r48 folders there so you have them in the same place and future updates wont trouble you this way again. :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2014, 07:28:48 pm »

Ah, that would do it.  The structure you need is:

[base folder]\PeridexisErrant LNP 47\Lazy Newb Pack GUI.exe
[base folder]\PeridexisErrant LNP r48\Lazy Newb Pack GUI.exe (and the copy script is here)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:30:46 pm by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

Chaos17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 21, 2014, 04:33:07 am »

Thanks for your help, it works  :D
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 385