Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4114353 times)

MonkWho?

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3510 on: April 26, 2016, 12:07:28 am »

Thank you PeridexisErrant for all your hard work. This pack makes life so much easier for all of us DF addicts.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3511 on: April 26, 2016, 02:02:46 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.42.06-r04! As usual, you can get it here.

Everything is stable!  As happened at the last major version, I've moved the final pack for 0.40 to the previous unstable link, and the new stable pack is back at the normal link (above).  This should ensure people get an update prompt, and hopefully only a few will accidentally downgrade...

I'm now suggesting 42.06 as the version for new players as well as the experienced - so don't hesitate to strike the earth!

0.42.06-r04
 - updated DFHack to stable version
 - updated TwbT

SHA256:  da1405cb92c698f8dce4382ce6765087780231680fba785d75356f41529d7d8a

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

AquaMouser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: April 26, 2016, 07:52:48 am »

Hey PeridexisErrant,

Just started your starterpack version 0.42.06-r03, and it said there was an update. The open in browser button links to : http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11309 (file version: 0.40.24-r20, the outdated one) instead of the r04 site.

Aqua

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: April 26, 2016, 08:28:26 am »

Thank you PE.  Nothing witty to say about it this time, but a lot of gratitude.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: April 26, 2016, 10:57:44 am »

Uuh ... I just got a "Fatal Error Missing Color Definition" ...

This seems to have happened before with DF, but I'm not sure if this were a LNP problem or basic DF.
I saved the game earlier and now I can't load the world. It was generated with the same DF (42.06), but the last version of LNP.

Can this be fixed or is the world lost ?

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: April 26, 2016, 12:58:13 pm »

Hell of a nice work, as ever. Thanks, PE!
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: April 27, 2016, 02:17:54 am »

This seems to have happened before with DF, but I'm not sure if this were a LNP problem or basic DF.
I saved the game earlier and now I can't load the world. It was generated with the same DF (42.06), but the last version of LNP.

Can this be fixed or is the world lost ?
Have you tried the work around to load the save with the same LNP version it was saved with? That ought to let you continue before those who actually know anything about how it works can give you an answer about the error.

Zaid Zaithos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: April 28, 2016, 11:53:39 am »

Hi, I just recently got back into dwarf fortress and downloaded this pack.  I'm having a problem though, I can't seem to disable DFhack plugins without going into the files and manually changing them.  This is troubling to me as I want to experience the vanilla game without DFhack and I've already encountered a few spoilers just reading up on how to disable the damn thing which, along with the added complexity without even mastering the base game, is exactly why I dislike DFhack.  I find one and only one plugin useful from DFhack and that is the TWBT plugin.  Is there a way I can disable all DFhack functionality EXCEPT TWBT?

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: April 28, 2016, 12:03:20 pm »

Is TWBT still causing crashes?  I'm trying to use that again and suffering crashes again...had disabled that and gone to 2D instead on prior versions when it was suggested that TWBT had issues.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: April 28, 2016, 02:00:27 pm »

Seems as if the Ironhand graphic set is experiencing some issues. It doesn't load for the menu or for world generation, but once you get into game its magically Ironhand graphics.

Zaid Zaithos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: April 28, 2016, 04:00:30 pm »

Seems as if the Ironhand graphic set is experiencing some issues. It doesn't load for the menu or for world generation, but once you get into game its magically Ironhand graphics.
I personally like ASCII in world map.  I honestly thought that was a feature of twbt.  Is it not?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: April 28, 2016, 04:02:32 pm »

i don't think the crashes are caused by the packs, but by some plugin involved in how it's rendered. TWBT might be the cause, but i wouldnt play without it!
TWBT in Worldmap is great, keeping it ASCII while the real gameoworld is changed.
i wouldn't ever play without it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 04:12:00 pm by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: April 28, 2016, 07:39:48 pm »

I personally like ASCII in world map.  I honestly thought that was a feature of twbt.  Is it not?

Yes, the ASCII world map is a deliberate feature.  There was some discussion a while ago of supporting a third tileset for maps, but it never went anywhere :(

Is there a way I can disable all DFhack functionality EXCEPT TWBT?

Delete dfhack.init and the other dfhack init files; keep dfhack enabled in PyLNP but don't select any of the options.

Is TWBT still causing crashes?  I'm trying to use that again and suffering crashes again...had disabled that and gone to 2D instead on prior versions when it was suggested that TWBT had issues.

TwbT is always crashier than vanilla, but the specifics really depend on the details of your computer.  Unfortunately this makes it very hard to troubleshoot or give specific advice!

Try reinstalling the graphics pack; if that fails  replace "$df/data/init/colors.txt" with the same file from vanilla.  I've not heard of this specific issue before, but it sounds like that file is incomplete so it should be recoverable.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: April 28, 2016, 08:08:15 pm »

Try reinstalling the graphics pack; if that fails  replace "$df/data/init/colors.txt" with the same file from vanilla.  I've not heard of this specific issue before, but it sounds like that file is incomplete so it should be recoverable.
Nope, it's an issue with something missing from the raws. It could be due to the launcher overwriting raws in a save incorrectly, although I'm not sure when/why that would happen.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #3524 on: April 28, 2016, 09:15:02 pm »

Nope, it's an issue with something missing from the raws. It could be due to the launcher overwriting raws in a save incorrectly, although I'm not sure when/why that would happen.

I -think- that this is a symptom of upgrading a save that sometimes shows up. Did you keep a save when you upgraded your Starter Pack to the most recent version?
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 385