Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4111773 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3525 on: April 29, 2016, 03:23:09 pm »

I -think- that this is a symptom of upgrading a save that sometimes shows up.
Right, which involves overwriting raws, which a pack should never do with existing saves unless it can guarantee that the changes it's making are safe (which they evidently weren't in this case).
A backup is probably your best bet. If you don't have a backup, but you have another older save that you know has the same raw files (i.e. you generated the two saves without making any changes to the DF/raw folder, installing/changing/removing raw mods, etc.), then you could try replacing your save's raw folder with the one from the older save too.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3526 on: April 30, 2016, 08:09:46 am »

Hey, I think there is a little bug in your graphic files.

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:LION]
[DEFAULT:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:0:12:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[CHILD:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:1:12:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[ANIMATED:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:2:12:AS_IS:DEFAULT] zombie
!!!!!SKELETON:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:3:12:AS_IS:DEFAULT] skeleton

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:GIANT_GIANT]
[DEFAULT:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:4:12:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[CHILD:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:5:12:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[ANIMATED:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:6:12:AS_IS:DEFAULT] zombie
!!!!!SKELETON:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:7:12:AS_IS:DEFAULT] skeleton

Second ID should be GIANT_LION, not GIANT_GIANT. This is with a fresh copy of the newest LNP, downloaded, extracted, no settings changed.

Edit: Question: Why do you remove all the special characters from your language files, if TWBT enables you to use proper font-tilesets that could display them correctly?

Edit2: You also get an errorlog about a wrong entry in the announcement.txt file in data/init. You have to delete the line: [TRAVEL_ADVISORY:A_D:D_D] to fix it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 09:41:27 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: April 30, 2016, 09:42:55 am »

Not everyone uses TWBT.
The announcements.txt message is a problem with vanilla 0.42.06.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3528 on: April 30, 2016, 04:24:46 pm »

In that case enabling TWBT could copy over the original language files with characters, disabling TWBT copies over the altered language files without accented characters.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: April 30, 2016, 07:07:35 pm »

Hey, I think there is a little bug in your graphic files. <snip>
Second ID should be GIANT_LION, not GIANT_GIANT. This is with a fresh copy of the newest LNP, downloaded, extracted, no settings changed.

Edit: Question: Why do you remove all the special characters from your language files, if TWBT enables you to use proper font-tilesets that could display them correctly?
Enabling TWBT could copy over the original language files with characters, disabling TWBT copies over the altered language files without accented characters.

We would love it if you wanted to help with the https://github.com/DFgraphics project - many of the original authors have gone missing, and graphics packs are in a kind of half-maintained limbo since Fricy also vanished.  Just PM me your GitHub username and I'll add you to the group.  I have some vague longer-term plans to improve the way graphics are merged, basically by putting togther a better raw parser to properly handle multiple mods - at which point Masterwork could use the same system. 

Removal of special characters... as far as I know this is just a holdover from before TwbT, when the extra tiles were needed and having accented objects as characters ruined text.  It would be awesome if someone (eg, you  ;) ) confirmed that reverting to vanilla style works with TwbT, then joined the DFgraphics group and made these changes!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3530 on: May 01, 2016, 04:26:30 am »

It would be awesome if someone (eg, you  ;) ) confirmed that reverting to vanilla style works with TwbT,
1. Confirmed, it works.
then joined the DFgraphics group and made these changes!
2. Nope, still dont like Github. ;)

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: May 02, 2016, 06:44:45 am »

PeridexisErrant: could you please add the date when you update the Changelog?

Like so:

Recent changelogs:

0.42.06-r04  - 2016-04-26
 - updated DFHack to stable version
 - updated TwbT

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: May 02, 2016, 07:28:33 am »

Like so:

Recent changelogs:

0.42.06-r04  - 2016-04-26
 - updated DFHack to stable version
 - updated TwbT
i support this idea :)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: May 02, 2016, 07:49:59 am »

I've been meaning to do this for a while; it's one of those things that will happen properly when I've got a day free (give me a month to graduate!).  I'll try to remember and do it manually until then  :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3534 on: May 02, 2016, 08:25:38 am »

Do you happen to know anything about the crashes with automaterial, resume, mousequery and twtbt? I tried both Mifkis latest release and your LNP, both crash.

I can start them up once, second time they start to crash 100% on start-up.

I can even copy over the 4 plugins fresh, start DF up once and it works. Second time and any recurring tries, it crashes.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: May 02, 2016, 11:27:14 am »

Is it just TwbT or all of those? Try taking them out of the plugins folder one at a time and see what happens.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3536 on: May 02, 2016, 12:29:06 pm »

Is it just TwbT or all of those? Try taking them out of the plugins folder one at a time and see what happens.
All of them.

If I delete them, it runs, but obviously without TWBT. I'm mostly trying to figure out how to run TWBT with 42.06

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: May 02, 2016, 03:09:49 pm »

What happens if you remove just one at a time, particularly TwbT? If the other three are crashing on startup by themselves, something even weirder is going on, since TwbT makes fairly small changes to them that shouldn't take effect until you actually start playing.

Edit: Oh:
On startup? That's something new.
I think I fixed it. I had some legacy-files from older dfhack versions flying around that were moved to different sub-folders in the new version, thats why I didnt notice before.

It works now.
Sounds like outdated config files, which could make TwbT crash, but wouldn't have affected the other 3 plugins.

easykiln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: May 03, 2016, 01:32:51 pm »

I assumed there would be an auto-dump with the auto-melt and auto-trade functions in the stockpile menu, but there isn't... Is there a way? I was intending to automate remains dumping.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: May 03, 2016, 01:36:20 pm »

Have you enabled the autodump plugin? Try running "enable autodump" in the console and see if that makes the option show up.

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 385